Good to go drive

Hi All.

I know its Friday and it shouldn’t start with a rant but F.F.S this is what I,m confronted with this morning.
the pallet truck left over the top of the pallets I needed to get of on the tail lift.
I approached the knuckle dragging ■■■■■■■ who loaded it and politely asked for it to be put on the bed of the truck.

As you can imagine I got a grunt and then he turned on his heels and left me to it. It was a that moment I thought ■■■■■■■■ to this Im not putting up with this ■■■■■■■■ any longer. so I pulled my card and walked, Being agency made it easier

This is not the first time I,ve had issues with loading at this particular assignment, What really does my head in is the attitude of some individuals. Well today was the final straw I,m no longer putting up with it.

Do any of you guys and girls come across this type of crap if so feel free to rant. It makes you feel better.

take care and stay safe.

Kicked many things off the side of the trailer, it helps that I’m in the waste game so not much to damage.

But yes, I have thrown a few of these off too.

Where is the “like” button?

:laughing:

The person that loaded that really was special weren’t they?

dannyboy108:
It was a that moment I thought ■■■■■■■■ to this Im not putting up with this [zb] any longer. so I pulled my card and walked, Being agency made it easier

Good work Agent 108. Another company that will think twice about using agency drivers in future.

Slowly slowly catchee monkey.

Think I would rather have made my feelings clear to knob head, and ‘discussed the benefits to him’ :wink: …of removing the barrow from the bloody stupid place he left it, rather than storming off.
Failing that climb up to move it myself, ensuring that it accidentally dropped on his foot or better still his ■■■■■■ head.

I would of driven to first drop. Found they couldn’t tip me and gone back to yard outa spite.
See if they do again…

bertiebus:
I would of driven to first drop. Found they couldn’t tip me and gone back to yard outa spite.
See if they do again…

is the correct answer :smiley:

As I mentioned that pallet truck was stowed over the top of plts I needed to get of using the tail lift and trucks.
Leaving the yard weren’t an option. Especially with all the attitude I get for daring to raise the issue.

As I mentioned I can just about cope with simple ■■■■■■■■ that cant load a vehicle, But gobby ■■■■■ that don’t know one end of a truck to another is a different ball game.

As much as it’s completely stupid to put the pump truck up there if that’s all it takes for you to jack in your not really that good either .

why not split the first pallet down and hand it to the first drop then use the truck

Forkie needs “'re-training” - the good, old-fashioned way. :sunglasses:

would of asked first drop too fork off truck NO BIG DEAL

topmixer11:
would of asked first drop too fork off truck NO BIG DEAL

The necessity of the pallet truck suggests that no FLT is available at the first drop

I would simply refuse to touch that truck on the grounds that the pallet truck is insecure and dangerous

Are those pallets (and the trolley) loaded against the headboard? Looks like it from the picture. So you won’t be using the tail lift for your first drops? In that case, the loader may not be as stupid as you might think, as he would be expecting you to just move the trolley after 1 or 2 drops (which I don’t think is totally unreasonable). Or am I being too kind to him?

Thanks scanny 77 finally someone with some level of intelligence the first driver to realise the trucks are insecure.
im not unreasonable but they refused to move the trucks.
Today was the just a number of problems ive encountered, Being overloaded on axles is another. Never ceases to amaze me what some drivers on here seem reasonable. No longer my problem start a full time job on Monday, yes that quick.

Just to play Devils advocate here; you wouldn’t be using the pallet truck on the back two pallets anyway as there is not enough room on the tail lift to safely move them around, so they’ll be either forked or hand balled off. Either way would solve your pallet truck problem. Secondly, regarding axle weights, have you actually been over an axle weigh bridge or are you basing it on “it looks too heavy”?

I wasn’t there so am probably not qualified to comment, but you did invite comments.

What would the company say if you injured yourself or God forbid damage the pallet truck on dropping it to the floor.

Work round it. Handball the first couple of pallets them you can use the pump truck job done. No wonder companies use foreign drivers who just wanna get it done an knock off

dannyboy108:
Thanks scanny 77 finally someone with some level of intelligence the first driver to realise the trucks are insecure.
im not unreasonable but they refused to move the trucks.
Today was the just a number of problems ive encountered, Being overloaded on axles is another. Never ceases to amaze me what some drivers on here seem reasonable. No longer my problem start a full time job on Monday, yes that quick.

Trouble is some people mistake the word driver for muppet. Apart from the fact that those pallet trucks are bloody heavy, many of them will leak oil all over the load and no doubt that will also be the drivers fault, rather than the pillock that put it up there in the first place. Likewise trying to get it down safely without hurting yourself or damaging the pallet it is sitting on, is also going to be tricky, so you going to have to drag it over the pallet by its handle to get it down, or climb on the pallet, hoping it won’t collapse and kick it off.

No problem with you leaving if you feel they are putting you at risk of harm, as none of go to work to get injured. You asked for it to be taken down and they refused, so you have done nothing wrong bud.

Its Been interesting reading the replies to my post on here over the last day. I’ve been a Hgv driver for 17 years with vast ammounts of experience, 5 years Euro work, fridges, Tauts, Tilts even driving b trains in The south island of new Zealand, All of which has been accident free.

I would consider myself to be very proffesional polite and patient. But even now its still surprises me about the comments on here from so called professional drivers, Which you are. I’m thinking your he same dicks that I see hitting bridges rolling over and tailgating cars. The just take it out brigade. You know the one just jumps in the motor in the morning keys in and away.

Your part of the reason we are deemed to be Neanderthal who don’t mind being underpayed and working ridiculous hours to support our families. As for comments about foreign drivers I happen to work with many fireign drivers over the years. Trust me being foreign doesn’t make you turn a blind eye to incompetence.

Maybe I’ve been in this game too long eh.

Stay safe and I actually mean that.