Good to go drive

I find it hard to believe that people have posted alternative ways to deal with the pallet truck in this position. It should not be on top of the load at all, asking other people to move it or handballing stuff to get to it is just ridiculous, it shouldn’t be up there in the first place and by not getting the person responsible to correct his mistake, or more likely his couldn’t give a toss attitude is one of the reasons lorry drivers have to put up with crap like this.

I would’ve got it put in the correct place before leaving the yard or did as the OP did and told em to poke it. A few years ago both the pallet truck and the ■■■■■■ with the attitude would’ve been laying in the middle of the yard, but I’ve mellowed a bit with age.

What stacked those pallets? a ■■■■■■■ gorilla?

Leave the curtains open and do a few doughnuts round the yard. :smiley: That might wake them up about how to load a lorry properly. :imp:

It wasn’t always possible but it if I knew I’d be loaded to the back doors (ooh matron!) I’d have a couple of handball drops at the back. Get them off then at the next drop, throw the pallets off to create space. I never had the pump truck loaded on top of pallets before though, just plain retarded. Several times had the sack truck thrown on top, ripping bags and once someone took my sack truck off to save space. It was put back when I said I wont leave without one. Quite often the pumptruck would be stuck under the rear pallet, if it was a fork lift unload then I’d just use the taillift to remove the pumptruck. Of course some manoeuvring of pallets would be needed to get the pallet taken off.
The drivers who complained about having no room were normally the blinded by tradition, would always do the drops in a specific order even if it caused hassle with unloading.
It wasn’t uncommon for me to “lose” dodgy loaded pallets off the taillift on occasion. :wink:

Good grief a pallet truck on top may be a bit of headscratcher but ive seen worse, tricky situations and loads are our bread and butter, just crack on to first drop a solution will present itself.

Overcoming obsticles others put in our way is what driving is all about.
Maybe its the way of the world now to find reasons why not to do a job.

Me grandpappy would turn in his bedbath to see this profession is now infected by drivers who not only have issues with problem solving and all things manly but need to be wrapped in cotton wool on a daily basis. Just the other day I told him that there really was a breed of driver now that werent prepared for an unplanned night out, the poor bugger nearly dropped his colostomy bag. On a side note he is also banned from Asda as when asked “if he had his own bag”, proceeded to show it to the checkout staff…

Dipper_Dave:
Just the other day I told him that there really was a breed of driver now that werent prepared for an unplanned night out…

Heck, I don’t travel more than 25 mile from my operating base and am home very afternoon before 3.45pm… I can’t do nights out, I’d miss The Simpsons and Coronation Street. :open_mouth:

Only time I have had an unplanned night in the past, is when I drank too much and woke in some strange woman’s bed… I can’t sleep in a truck as it doesn’t have a proper bathroom. :blush:

taffytrucker:
Work round it. Handball the first couple of pallets them you can use the pump truck job done. No wonder companies use foreign drivers who just wanna get it done an knock off

This !
Good to get a bit of excercise while being paid for it,what’s not to like ? :wink:

The problem with getting to your first drop and then bringing it back, is that it means you have not checked your load. If you then say " I checked it, but thought I would be a prick ", you wont earn a penny for that day.

And if you bring it back, you probably wont get paid either. Correct answer would have been-" Its unsafely secured(pump truck), can someone please sort it out before I set off ".

It’s ok saying do this, do that and the other to get around it. That’ s ok use a bit of initiative to get around obstacles and problems, I agree fully, and have done on numerous occasions.

However, in this case why tf would you?
The problem was caused by a pig headed prick being just that, the lad pointed out the problem but was ignored, so why should he make more work for himself, and maybe risk an injury? What’s wrong with you lot :unamused:
Everybody complains when the words ‘Health and Safety’ are used to either ■■■■ us off, make more work for us, or both.
Here is an occasion where the driver had H&S on his side, play the ■■■■■■■■ at their own game, quote H&S, as they frequently do to us, and tell them the motor aint going out of the yard until it is sorted…job done.
As long as some of you work around problems caused by pricks, and say nothing, it will always continue, and will never show them up to be what they really are.

That pumpa truck is
(A)at the front of the truck .
(B) The handle is wedged inbetween two pallets.
So to remove it the driver would need to climb over all the pallets from the rear of the truck which is both dangerous and risks damaging the load.
It would then prove very difficult imo to pick the the pumpa truck up especially as you would presumable be lying on your belly unless you are less than 4ft tall.
If you manage to do that you then need to drag the pallet truck accross the top of the pallets to the rear of the truck to tip at the first drop. Alternatively you could I suppose turf the pumpa off the side of the truck hoping you dont damage it, or something it lands on or some poor sod walking past.
In other words the OP was right not to take the truck out.

If it was me, having had no luck with the berk who loaded it, I would have politly spoke to his supervisor. It usually does the trick. Especially if you add the truck isnt going anyware untill its sorted…

Has the world gone mad, its a pump truck on top of a pallet, it’s no problem. Grow a ■■■■ ffs… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Has the world gone mad, its a pump truck on top of a pallet, it’s no problem. Grow a ■■■■ ffs… :wink:

Yeh it is Dave, but why you are climbing on top of the pallets when you needn’t have been, Mr ■■■■ Hedd is in the pub laughing and boasting to his mates how he made a prick out of Dave, and you are in A&E getting your broken ankle sorted.
And while you’re off work for a month, Mr Head is ■■■■■■■ more drivers on a daily basis,…because they never say anything so he gets away with it.

robroy:
It’s ok saying do this, do that and the other to get around it. That’ s ok use a bit of initiative to get around obstacles and problems, I agree fully, and have done on numerous occasions.

However, in this case why tf would you?
The problem was caused by a pig headed prick being just that, the lad pointed out the problem but was ignored, so why should he make more work for himself, and maybe risk an injury? What’s wrong with you lot :unamused:
Everybody complains when the words ‘Health and Safety’ are used to either ■■■■ us off, make more work for us, or both.
Here is an occasion where the driver had H&S on his side, play the [zb] at their own game, quote H&S, as they frequently do to us, and tell them the motor aint going out of the yard until it is sorted…job done.
As long as some of you work around problems caused by pricks, and say nothing, it will always continue, and will never show them up to be what they really are.

Yep.

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Yeh it is Dave, but why you are climbing on top of the pallets when you needn’t have been, Mr ■■■■ Hedd is in the pub laughing and boasting to his mates how he made a prick out of Dave, and you are in A&E getting your broken ankle sorted.
And while you’re off work for a month, Mr Head is ■■■■■■■ more drivers on a daily basis,…because they never say anything so he gets away with it.

True but then I wouldnt be doing any climbing, simply get to first drop and see what options are available, it could be forklift tip or the sites pump truck could be borrowed.

If not a phone call to base explaining the issue that has already been raised and ask for assistance. Let them sort out the stroppy forklift driver.

Weird if there was space on the bed that the pump truck is on top of the load, did the forky know something the OP didnt.

So many variables but we will never know what happened to the load unless the driver that ended up taking it is a member. Perhaps he is but is now at A & E.

Just maybe the position of the pump truck wasnt quite enough for the OP to refuse the days work but the attitude of the forklift driver tipped him over the edge.

Finally the pennies dropped. The reason I even posted in the first place was all about the attitude. I’m tired of dealing with ■■■■ poor attitude. Friday morning was my enough is enough moment.
Never walked from any situation before. As mentioned I’ve been around a while now so had my fair share of crap thrown my way beleive me.
I often thought about doing it, like the many posters on here they talk a good fight but have no backbone to stand up for there own dignity.

To be honest danny I cant say ive ever walked from a job due to attitude issues, but have been tempted. Ive come across some stroppy buggers in my time, sometimes I take no notice others I wind em up even more.

Your actions may just sort the buggers out as management will want to know what happened and mr forky could be left with egg on his face.

Congrats at getting off agency work as a regular position negates these situations a bit due to yard forkies knowing they will see you everday so will be more obliging, theres still a few ■■■■■ out there though.

Dipper_Dave:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

True but then I wouldnt be doing any climbing, simply get to first drop and see what options are available, it could be forklift tip or the sites pump truck could be borrowed.

If not a phone call to base explaining the issue that has already been raised and ask for assistance. Let them sort out the stroppy forklift driver.

Weird if there was space on the bed that the pump truck is on top of the load, did the forky know something the OP didnt.

So many variables but we will never know what happened to the load unless the driver that ended up taking it is a member. Perhaps he is but is now at A & E.

Just maybe the position of the pump truck wasnt quite enough for the OP to refuse the days work but the attitude of the forklift driver tipped him over the edge.

You still miss the point Dave. Nobody including me is arguing that in reality there are ways and means of getting the palltruck down, I could have it down in 2 minutes just like you.
However one day as sure as hell, some lad with less or no experience will do himself a mischief because of this prick on a stacker that could not be arsed to do his job properly…
The job is full of them in assorted positions, flt drivers, planners, that couldn’t plan a shag in a knocking shop, rdc goods in men, and last but by no means least a lot of hgv drivers. :unamused:
Don’t just tolerate them, show them up and get shot of the ■■■■ s :bulb:
Jacking the job is as bad btw.

I would have asked the forkie nicely which to be honest makes me puke but you gota cover your own arse first!
if after that I still got attitude or lip in return then I would have told someone else in higher authority why it was unacceptable and shown them the pump truck. By pulling your card and ■■■■■■■ off, your no better than the forkie TBH.