Good News for Fat Worker

theguardian.com/society/2014 … ourt-rules

What is the world coming too when not being able to do your job properly is not grounds for dismissal. Im all for anti discrimination laws but this is going too far. If you cant do it,why should someone be forced to employ you when they might be able to get someone to do it (for want of a better word) better?

they need to move the parking space as far away from the front doors of the office/factory so they get some exercise :laughing: :grimacing:

burnley-si:
they need to move the parking space as far away from the front doors of the office/factory so they get some exercise :laughing: :grimacing:

Someone somewhere would probably still sue for discrimination. And win because obesity is not down to lack of exercise apparently :smiley:

Immigrant:
Obesity can be a disability, EU court rules | Obesity | The Guardian

The bloke in this is sacked from a job as a child minder,now he’s a lorry driver!! :open_mouth: How big is gonna get now?
Being the fattest country in the EU, this is gonna cost us :unamused:

When I stand next to fat people, I like to hum or sing, appropriate tunes like ‘who ate all the pies’ or 'humpty dumpty '…

I love it when they say it’s not their fault! Why do they never complain about someone tying them down and shovelling food into their faces? It looks like we could be getting some bigger cabs in the near future.

burnley-si:

My thoughts exactly … make them run up & down the stairs as well - not use the lift :laughing:

Thing that annoys me, is if I go half a pound over on my luggage allowance on a plane, then I have to pay. But if you’re 10 stone overweight, apparently that’s ok.

Anyone hear that bloke on the subject of fatties on the Jeremy vine show earlier?

He gave it both barrels :laughing:

container candidate
defo not transporters

Hey listen pal. I’m fat and it IS down to the genes and that madman on Vine earlier who said they should install scales on buses to charge fatties extra? He is a fanatic. A nut. A prejudiced bigot. It’s not my fault I’m fat. I’ve tried everything to slim down apart from eating less and doing exercise. So ■■■■ you with your fatist comments.

hitch:
container candidate
defo not transporters

Not fridges either might get stuck coupling up :open_mouth: :grimacing:

I love it when someone says “they`re big boned” …
As I heard recently on the radio a doctor state the human skeleton composes around 2.5% of total body weight, so what does the other 97.5% compose of?

peirre:
As I heard recently on the radio a doctor state the human skeleton composes around 2.5% of total body weight, so what does the other 97.5% compose of?

I think around 65% is water, which is a lot of weight to be fair.

Then there’ll be some muscle, tendons, skin, maybe some fat on certain people (especially people that look like me) and of course there’s the tiny minority that is brain :grimacing:

I’m no biologist so I’ve probably missed a few bits out, but nothing important like eyes I’m sure :slight_smile:

my cancer surgeon says the body makes 2 - 3 ltrs of fluid a day whether it hot or cold or you drink or not.
my weightloss surgeon said that 60% of the paitents he treated could hav lost the weight themselves but lacked the wrong support, the other 40% like myself needed it done for medical reasons, mine being bowel cancer.

peirre:

It is however actually true (being big boned). Anthropologists, scientists etc can estimate body mass from a skeleton.

The Rustler:

burnley-si:

My thoughts exactly … make them run up & down the stairs as well - not use the lift :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Ched:
Hey listen pal. I’m fat and it IS down to the genes and that madman on Vine earlier who said they should install scales on buses to charge fatties extra? He is a fanatic. A nut. A prejudiced bigot. It’s not my fault I’m fat. I’ve tried everything to slim down apart from eating less and doing exercise. So [zb] you with your fatist comments.

:smiley:

Couldn’t resist asking one of our mill workers if he intended getting a blue badge for his FLT! :smiley: