Good money, these days

Never mind nights out and what your take home is, because that depends on your own tax code. What is good money for a flat 40 hours ?. What is a decent salary for a home every night man ?.

That depends on what your standard of living is what is decent to me might not be to you

So how long is your pice of string :question: :question:

I only ask because where i am doing agency at the moment they are on £32,000 a year for 40 hours. They can then bank up extra hours and either take the money or extra holiday each month. Some of them are doing 40 thousand plus a year with no nights out. Hard work and tight schedules but they seem to be doing ok.

Who are ‘they’ ■■?

That is good money what kind of work is it.

I saw an advert for a shuttering carpenter today at £15 per hour, a shuttering carpenter isn’t a skilled tradesman, a shuttering carpenter just bangs planks of wood together with a hammer to form a mould that someone else can pour concrete into.

We earn about half that but are expected to spend £3000 to get the licence to do it.

OP that’s over £15 an hour!

To answer your question - though few do only 40 hours - i’d say anyone on anything £400+/week for a flat 40 was doing ok.

You sure they’re only actually doing 40? Or are they doing 60 but only get paid for 40?

Ex Haulier:
I only ask because where i am doing agency at the moment they are on £32,000 a year for 40 hours. They can then bank up extra hours and either take the money or extra holiday each month. Some of them are doing 40 thousand plus a year with no nights out. Hard work and tight schedules but they seem to be doing ok.

I’m sorry but unless you’ve seen payslips then to me that just sounds like driver ■■■■■■■■. 50-60 hours a week is more believeable but I don’t believe there are any lorry drivers earning £15.37 an hour and that isn’t taking into account sickness and holiday. That’s assuming they are working for 52 weeks of the year on full pay which is around £615 a week for 40 hours

I’ve had alot of jobs over the years, I know alot of drivers and there isn’t a single job or person I know that earns that sort of money for a flat 40 hour week. Even the agencies are struggling to pay that for working Sundays. If the pay was that great then they wouldn’t need agency drivers because they would have drivers queuing round the corner for a job.

£350 for a 40 hr week but I am guarenteed 8 hrs o/t @£12/hr so that is £446 per week for a 48 hr week. The other week I only did 39 hrs and still got the £446. Next week I’m on holiday and thats paid @ 55 hrs/wk so thats £530 next week.
I do the odd night out but not many and thats extra and we get paid parking.
Thats for driving a 10 tonner.

40k for 40 hrs, roughly £800 p.w .its GOOD, no doubt about it,ive got to do 80 hrs p.w,6 days,w/ends/silly oclock starts to get the £800 :frowning: :frowning: .
i would question for how long a firm would pay agency drivers £800 p.w for 40 hrs work, not long id guess,id guess theyd be setting on regular drivers and getting them to do 80 hrs for there £800 ,but good luck to them for now

I suspect that there a few on trucknet like to tell porky pies when talking about wages. A 40hr week and you might as well be on the dole, 60hrs makes it a livable wage, thats trucking… Supermarkets and some blue chip companys pay the best,roughly a tenner ph, anyone working for a small or family firm will be on the least ie 7.50ph…

Post the name of the firm and you will find the truth! in my 21 years in transport I would say 8 out of ten drivers fib about there wages. Take at least a third off the figure is more like it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A lot of drivers make out theyre on great wages and add their night out money on it.You will find if you knock off the night out money the wage is pretty sh*te. :open_mouth:

I always get paid good money, but not enough of it.

A 40 hr week?? what will I do with my self after the first 3 days■■? :unamused:

I work an averaged out 48 hr week , no poa bull , and earn a good wage

but if you think I’m going to broadcast it on here your having a giraffe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some on here would only call me a liar anyway :wink: :wink:

anyone working for a small or family firm will be on the least ie 7.50ph…
[/quote]
I work for a small family firm and my wages have already been posted. I would not work for £7.50/hr

Good for you bristolron :slight_smile: £7.66 :laughing:

I work 50+ a week, after deductions I am lucky to see £350pw in my pocket.

When im on holiday I only get paid 40pw, you do the maths…

just took a new job, £8.50 an hour across the board apart from an extra £1.60 an hour for any hours worked before 6am or after 6pm, £25 a night out plus parking paid, average 55 hours a week, thats probably as good as it’s gets around this way unless your doing transporters, hiab or adr.
certainly nothing that pays 15 an hour.