Goldstar

Ive done a search but cant find any info on pay rates.
Does anyone have any info on their pay? Days ans nights please.
Any info much appreciated.

My mate’s on there, it’s about £6.90 per hour for 1st 8, then time + half after that.

The contract he’s on, he’s guaranteed 12.5hrs per day, so 4.5hrs overtime @ time+half.

There’s also a fuel bonus.

I can’t tell you the exact figure, but it’s around that.

■■■■ my old boots! His O/T rate should be his basic IMHO.

Goldstar ? £6.90 Sounds more like Brownstar to me

waynedl:
My mate’s on there, it’s about £6.90 per hour for 1st 8, then time + half after that.

The contract he’s on, he’s guaranteed 12.5hrs per day, so 4.5hrs overtime @ time+half.

Holy poverty line Batman :exclamation:

I was earning exactly those rates in 2000 :open_mouth:

newmercman:

waynedl:

Holy poverty line Batman :exclamation:

I was earning exactly those rates in 2000 :open_mouth:

Exactly, shows the way this game is going, it is not going to improve anytime soon, our eastern friends would do it for a quarter of that … maybe that’s the problem eh? :imp:

might explain why when I last was in there yard , there were top of range range rovers and mercs parked in the office spaces

Shocking, totally shocking!

Quote " might explain why when I last was in there yard , there were top of range range rovers and mercs parked in the office spaces

And the office bods saying ¬ theres no money in the game ` typical :laughing: :laughing:

this is a typical container deal the jobs all long days but fairly chilled you will be away all week and get a decent take home with fuel bonus nights out O/T etc etc

NewLad:
Shocking, totally shocking!

You must be on a good screw then working for browns/turners??

Why are they advertising for drivers on the A17 is the pay that good they have no takers??

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

europleb:
this is a typical container deal the jobs all long days but fairly chilled you will be away all week and get a decent take home with fuel bonus nights out O/T etc etc

This ^^

Except, I believe my mate is struggling for nights out tbh, he stays in the yard rather than driving home because he lives quite far from the yard.

But, as I say, 6.90 * 40 + 10.35 * 22.5 = 508 basic top line, which however you dress it up, isn’t that bad for a 62.5hr week really (remember, most places that pay higher rates deduct a meal break off you - this is paid straight through) + fuel bonus (easily achievable due to the type of work) + any other O/T (if he works more than his 12.5hrs per day he’s paid for the extra, even if he only did 8hrs the day before) etc…

Bloody hell.

An average of just over eight quid an hour. I wonder how much lower it can be driven for drivers, whilst the management drive around in nice motors.

A local company near me are currently crying the ‘not very busy mantra, we’re not making any money’ etc.etc.'. (I know one of the directors)

It may not be very busy or profitable but he still manages to live in a 6 bedroom barn conversion and currently drives around in a 45K Jag xf… :laughing:

I’m glad I’m not struggling like him… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why do people always compare what a driver gets with what the boss has.

HE’S THE BOSS.

If you want to be the boss, start your own business, if not, you’ll take what you’re given.

Some of these bosses have tens or hundreds of trucks, so wages are a hell of a lot of money when combined, as is fuel, insurance, tyres, parking, road tax, buying the bloody vehicle, damages (to truck or freight) etc etc etc

If I owned my own business and owned say 10 trucks, I’d want to drive a better car than the steering wheel attendant I’ve just employed :unamused:

waynedl:

HE’S THE BOSS.

If you want to be the boss, start your own business, if not, you’ll take what you’re given.

Some of these bosses have tens or hundreds of trucks, so wages are a hell of a lot of money when combined, as is fuel, insurance, tyres, parking, road tax, buying the bloody vehicle, damages (to truck or freight) etc etc etc

If I owned my own business and owned say 10 trucks, I’d want to drive a better car than the steering wheel attendant I’ve just employed :unamused:

He isn’t the boss. He’s a director. He works for the business, just like the drivers. And he spends most of his lunchtimes in the pub eating 3 course meals… :laughing: His idea of a long day is not leaving the office until 4.30pm… :laughing:

I have no problem with the owners/gaffer taking more -their money, their risk. It’s the pleading poverty and pretending they’re earning nowt, so therefore can’t pay drivers more than a bag of beans a day that ■■■■■■ me off… :unamused:

Truckulent:

waynedl:

HE’S THE BOSS.

He isn’t the boss. He’s a director. He works for the business, just like the drivers. And he spends most of his lunchtimes in the pub eating 3 course meals… :laughing: His idea of a long day is not leaving the office until 4.30pm… :laughing:

I have no problem with the owners/gaffer taking more -their money, their risk. It’s the pleading poverty and pretending they’re earning nowt, so therefore can’t pay drivers more than a bag of beans a day that ■■■■■■ me off… :unamused:

They could always tell you the truth, there’s more drivers willing to walk through his door for the pittance he’s paying than chocolate raisins in a 1kg bag, so he doesn’t have to pay you more.

Again, the director went for a job, negotiated his wage and perks, and that’s what he’s got, you can always become a director if that’s your bag, but if you’re a driver, then you’ll always be on drivers wages.

The expensive cars may be on lease/finance/loan or HP.
GBE in Bournemouth had a fleet of flash cars parked outside the transport office,borrowed money maybe?
When you see these cars on the road,i think maybe they are tax dodgers or criminals/smugglers or gang masters.
A young lady in a expensive car,does she own a string of brothels or in the game for top paying punters at £2000 an hour for some companionship in a lonely hotel away from wifey on a business trip.Young lads in Gibraltar in flash cars with no job.
Morroco a short boat ride away.Work that one out.

to think one of there drivers got killed in Toyota working for a wage that I was on in 1987.bloody scandalous

waynedl:
508 basic top line, which however you dress it up, isn’t that bad for a 62.5hr week really .

It’s comments like that that will ensure the industry will never get any better and makes me so glad and thankful I’m ‘just’ a trolley dolly!!!

I’m finished at 2pm every day with a reasonable start time for more money! It’s disgraceful.

George@ASDA driver:

waynedl:
508 basic top line, which however you dress it up, isn’t that bad for a 62.5hr week really .

It’s comments like that that will ensure the industry will never get any better and makes me so glad and thankful I’m ‘just’ a trolley dolly!!!

I’m finished at 2pm every day with a reasonable start time for more money! It’s disgraceful.

You are correct of course George…

But you won’t convince a lot of folk that a driver deserves a reasonable wage - i.e. one that doesn’t mean he or she has to work 60+ hours a week just to earn a (very) average wage. It’s not proper trucking if you don’t bust your arse off for 70+ hours a week for ■■■■ all. :laughing: