Going On Strike

I was talking to one of Eddie’s troops at the weekend and he was telling me how much the Stobart drivers are working for per hour in Ireland, doing Tesco work. I have to say it’s poor!
Then to top that he told me that there was a call for English drivers to go over for a week, last week when the strike was planned! What sort of low life brain dead so and so would even contemplate doing this to one of his, workmates / fellow drivers / colleagues ■■
Obviously the same idiots who like to be on TV showing themselves up for the clowns they are, I could’nt stop laughing when one got lost and nearly started crying for the camera to be turned off, ■■■!
I would hazzard a guess that Edward Stobart, God Rest Him, must be turning in his grave if he ever got to see the way some of those knob heads on this programme performed!

My buddy went on to tell me Stobart said to the drivers that they could be expected to break picket lines so to take that into consideration, he then went on to tell me that a Union Rep: had elected to go … F.F.S. What a piece of nonsense this fellow must be!
Could you imagine if the English lads had elected to go on strike and Stobart had chosen to bring a plane load of Paddys over there would have been a riot, calling them allsorts of names into the bargain, like rate cutters, etc, etc.

Would you go?

Actually
Who are you?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81878

I wonder :unamused: :unamused:

I agree although I couldn give a toss what daddy Stobart thinks in his grave, but English drivers wanting to go over and break their colleagues picket lines is beyond belief.

That is low, especialy the Union Rep. He should be taken out of his position that, and have someone with back bone :imp:

snowchain:
I would hazzard a guess that Edward Stobart, God Rest Him, must be turning in his grave if he ever got to see the way some of those knob heads on this programme performed!

My buddy went on to tell me Stobart said to the drivers that they could be expected to break picket lines so to take that into consideration, he then went on to tell me that a Union Rep: had elected to go … F.F.S. What a piece of nonsense this fellow must be!

Edward stobarts still alive, eddie the son died at 56, Williams the brother who runs it! :wink:

Now then, there were more than one drivers reps who went on the jaunt for a few nights on the black stuff and they’ll tell you they didn’t break any picket lines! BUT they went with the intention of BREAKING the picket lines! :unamused: :question: :bulb: :blush: :imp: on the other hand what was sinn fein doing there protesting? Mmmmm makes you wonder! :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
Edward stobarts still alive, eddie the son died at 56, Williams the brother who runs it! :wink:

Actually, ‘Eddie’ Stobart is still alive, his son ‘Edward’ is the one who died at 56.

snowchain:
I was talking to one of Eddie’s troops at the weekend and he was telling me how much the Stobart drivers are working for per hour in Ireland, doing Tesco work. I have to say it’s poor!
Then to top that he told me that there was a call for English drivers to go over for a week, last week when the strike was planned! What sort of low life brain dead so and so would even contemplate doing this to one of his, workmates / fellow drivers / colleagues ■■
Obviously the same idiots who like to be on TV showing themselves up for the clowns they are, I could’nt stop laughing when one got lost and nearly started crying for the camera to be turned off, ■■■!

Could you imagine if the English lads had elected to go on strike and Stobart had chosen to bring a plane load of Paddys over there would have been a riot, calling them allsorts of names into the bargain, like rate cutters, etc, etc.

Why not qualify your claim with a figure that Stobarts are paying. The credibility or this thread then go,s from zero to credible :wink:

What union does this rep belong to?? I doubt he represents any, a drivers rep maybe.
I can’t see any union sanctioning any strike breaking.

sick to death of hearing about stobart this stobart that let the little shyts fight it out among themselves and stop bleeting on about it here, couldn’t give a rats ■■■ about who, what or where, wants him,her or it to break a picket line got better things in life to worry about, and to be honest i unless it consern you directly whats the point of ranting about it on here :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

makes me laugh,all this hysteria about breaking a picket line,wasnt there something similar on here recently about n.d tanker driver or someone going on strike,i think 99% said theyd break it,bills,familys and they couldnt give a flying zb about greedy tanker drivers :unamused: :unamused: ,now to a man there saying we shouldnt break a picket line,make your zb minds up,its either one or the other :imp: :imp: :imp:
its very easy saying youd do this /that etc until your put in that situation,telling every one else what to do.
ive never been asked and i hope i never am,id like to believe id say NO i wont,i saw what it did to my dad/uncle,never talked again after one broke a picket line,best of mates,never apart,football,holidays,pub,work,very,very sad,but until im put in that situation , cant answer for definate,as most if they were being honest cant either

wildfire:
sick to death of hearing about stobart this stobart that let the little shyts fight it out among themselves and stop bleeting on about it here, couldn’t give a rats ■■■ about who, what or where, wants him,her or it to break a picket line got better things in life to worry about, and to be honest i unless it consern you directly whats the point of ranting about it on here :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Hallehlua the penny’s dropping! :unamused: why would anybody be bothered about stobart if you didn’t work for stobart? :grimacing:

Thereal-john:
What union does this rep belong to?? I doubt he represents any, a drivers rep maybe.
I can’t see any union sanctioning any strike breaking.

T.G.W.U and drivers rep for Trafford Park! And one from Appleton :bulb: :question: :exclamation:

It was Edward Stobart that died age 56, not Eddie senior, he is still alive.
Edward who died went by the name of Ted to all that knew him!
Drivers in Ireland are on (I believe about €11 per hour) approx £9.00ish sterling per hour, giving them approx 500 Euros per week = just over 400 quid.
Remember though the cost of living over there is a lot more than here!
Pint of beer roughly 4 quid, sandwich from Spar 4 quid, car tax & insurance could be up 3 times what it is here, etc, etc.
So drivers who volunteer to go over there to drive are effectively cutting their work mates throats and it is so wrong!
But that’s haulage these days, if companies are not cutting each others throats to get work, then the bloody drivers are!!
Also another point, will they be working for the same IRISH RATES OF PAY . . . NOT LIKELY!!!

where do i book my ticket. ill work for those rates then come home and spend my money in scotland thank you very much.

snowchain:
So drivers who volunteer to go over there to drive are effectively cutting their work mates throats and it is so wrong!

If UK drivers go there to work then Stobarts will need to notify the Irish taxes office i would imagine, wonder if they will?

T.G.W.U and drivers rep for Trafford Park! And one from Appleton

being pedantic, there isn’t such a union anymore.
you can be certain that he does not have union sanction to go and “strike break”

as for “if you don’t work for stobarts why concern yourself”
A company as large as Stobarts has a knock on effect on most UK drivers, so in the long run it does affect most of you eventually.
I wonder what the response will be if UK drivers go on strike and seek help from their Irish counterparts?

Was just thinking if i would go to IRL for a few Day
if they would pay Fly,B&B and how much by the Hour?
Oh yes,and Road Maps
Oh yes,and a Guinness at End of Shift

No,i wouldn’t
I like Ireland,but Value Airlines do not serve Food
In a few Days we are here Busy too,and i can sleep in my Bed
and,…
No
I could think of it to work for a Irisch or other in Ireland based Company on a Regular Basis,but just for a few Days i were too much in Pub and then not Driving.Buying all that many Maps makes no Sense.Asking for Direction when most People would answer in a Language i dont speak.No
And,thatEddy would pay high Wages and everything else wouldnt happen as its too early and Rush for Easter hasn’t started.

Mike-C:

snowchain:

If UK drivers go there to work then Stobarts will need to notify the Irish taxes office i would imagine, wonder if they will?

Doubt it I think they would take international trampers to and from Ireland.

Airport Frankfurt also since Day’s on Strike.
Isn’t funny if you have Aircargo loaded,as other Airport some Miles away and smaller have difficulty to cpe with additional Freight.