Gloucester services

Anyone know how full thus gets?

Aiming to ge there about 8pm?

DonutUK:
Anyone know how full thus gets? Aiming to ge there about 8pm?

as its free, :sunglasses: you should be ok! :grimacing:

should be ok …I have heard its quite big

If there’s no space there, there are plenty of lay-bys on the A38…leave the motorway at the next junction and head south on the A38 away from Gloucester (always a good idea in itself!)

I’ve stopped there a few times, and have never seen it full. I phoned up to check in advance one time, as it would have been pushing 9 by the time I got there. The lady on the phone implied that it never got full.

Never hugely busy as its not really your traditional trucker fayre.

Southbound opns a week on Tuesday (19th) 6am

gloucesterservices.com/

That’s good news!

Fatboy slimslow:

DonutUK:

You sure about that? My mate went in and asked the chick behind the till in the garage cos he heard similar and she told him you have to pay.

speedyguy:
Southbound opns a week on Tuesday (19th) 6am

gloucesterservices.com/

I went past today it’s still a shell :smiley:

Thetaff2:

Fatboy slimslow:

DonutUK:

You sure about that? My mate went in and asked the chick behind the till in the garage cos he heard similar and she told him you have to pay.

Did you look at the date that was posted :stuck_out_tongue:
He meant at the time the cameras weren’t up so they didn’t know who’d stayed over night.

Isn’t it really expensive? I mean parking, not the food.

You can pay £23 per night, BUT ATM there are no signs to tell you that there are parking charges.

109LWB:
Never hugely busy as its not really your traditional trucker fayre.

Traditional truckers fair as in crap food, miserable staff, noisy gambling machines, nasty 1970s concrete buildings and extortionate charges? Yeah it doesn’t have any of those.

From the Wetherby petition thread but more Gloucester related

toby1234abc:
Gloucester had to sunk low in to the ground so the Nimbies could not see it from a long way away, the grass on the roof of the garage and main building is not there for decoration, it is camouflage for the Nimbies that assumed an ugly monster of a building would appear there.

The truck park is slightly bigger on the SB due to higher traffic flows, also Farmshop and Kitchen have learnt from the NB side that shower provision was a bit light, as the main bakery/kitchen is on NB there is more space so extra toilet provision and there are approx 4 extra showers which were spotlessly clean :smiley: Hopefully they stay that way.

The high speed Derv pumps were at the southern end of the fuel station.

The whole setup was a mirror image of NB but with a bigger butchery and also a fishmonger.
The small overnight eatery called “quick kitchen” looked well, as did the views out of the back of the services.

Speedguy, how did you get to see the new southbound as it opens tomorrow.

Fishmongers in the southbound apparently.

toby1234abc:

:sunglasses: Just having a mooch, call it a ‘trial run’. But i had a mooch round Hilton Park as well so no one felt left out :stuck_out_tongue:

Own Account Driver:

Here’s the ‘fishy’ guy
theguardian.com/world/2015/m … es-m5-food

I suppose unless there’s a sign saying owt different you could have a ‘truckies barbie night’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Will be visiting the s/b side when down that way love Gloucester services and Tebat but spend a bloody fortune every time I’m there :smiley: They have bought Cairn Lodge services too so good news if traveling to Scotch.

speedyguy:

toby1234abc:

:sunglasses: Just having a mooch, call it a ‘trial run’. But i had a mooch round Hilton Park as well so no one felt left out :stuck_out_tongue:

Own Account Driver:

Here’s the ‘fishy’ guy
theguardian.com/world/2015/m … es-m5-food

I suppose unless there’s a sign saying owt different you could have a ‘truckies barbie night’ :stuck_out_tongue:

This “Fishy” guy is better :smiley:

youtu.be/ETSl8gWsFZ0?t=30s