Glass

recently boughta unit and have been running on containers. a mate told me there was plenty of work out of redferns glass barnsley, i spoke to the christian salvesen planner at knotingley who looks after the site and he asked for a cash payment to run my truck. does this happen everywhere?

Cash payment to run your truck !!! Report him

:open_mouth: Are you sure he never asked for your goods in transit policy and O-licence details??

sounds dodgy to me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tykey:
he asked for a cash payment to run my truck.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over? :confused: Ask him what it’s for. Should be laugh if nothing else.

payment was in cash to him weekly for backloading the truck. promised decent reloads and rates etc. looks like ill stick with containers.

A couple of planners that used to work for HCD and Deben were sacked from DHL for taking cash payments from O/Ds as a sort of protection racket.

Basically you were given some decent work, where you could actually earn some money and they would also make out of you for doing so :unamused:
if you did’nt pay them a bung,you were given all the ■■■■ heavy work and stitched up all the time. :wink:

Id report him maybe record the conversation and either turn the tables on him,or get the ■■■■ sacked !!!

tykey:
payment was in cash to him weekly for backloading the truck. promised decent reloads and rates etc. looks like ill stick with containers.

That’s well out of order in a big company such as Salvo’s. However, me being a bit of a back-hander wheeler-dealer type, if it were me I’d be interested to know what he’s offering. If the price is right it could work in your favour. If he can sort you out with good back-loads at a decent rate and only want £x as a back-hander then it could be worth looking into. It could be the difference between you getting something for a back-load vs. nothing at all by running back empty. :bulb: Or of course you can source your own back-loads, but if it’s a glass carrier trailer then realistically you’re gonna be struggling…

Rob K:

tykey:

That’s well out of order in a big company such as Salvo’s. However, me being a bit of a back-hander wheeler-dealer type, if it were me I’d be interested to know what he’s offering. If the price is right it could work in your favour. If he can sort you out with good back-loads at a decent rate and only want £x as a back-hander then it could be worth looking into. It could be the difference between you getting something for a back-load vs. nothing at all by running back empty. :bulb: Or of course you can source your own back-loads, but if it’s a glass carrier trailer then realistically you’re gonna be struggling…

Also, it is a bomb-proof deal for you because once you’ve done a couple of loads for him you’ve got him over a barrel - if he tries to put the price up, you can threaten to bubble him. Not nice I know but if you’re going to go down that road you might as well do it properly! :smiling_imp:

hammer:

Rob K:

tykey:

Also, it is a bomb-proof deal for you because once you’ve done a couple of loads for him you’ve got him over a barrel - if he tries to put the price up, you can threaten to bubble him. Not nice I know but if you’re going to go down that road you might as well do it properly! :smiling_imp:

Agreed! :smiling_imp: Got to play them at their own game…

tykey:

It happens in the real world all the time. I prefer to see it as wealth distribution, oiling the wheels of profit ect. years back I had a few blokes on a sweetener so it meant I never ran empty, and basically it was well worth the investment. Most weeks I earned more in 3 days than some did in five. It was good money till it got rumbled. Oh, and before anyone points any morality out, I could care less, business is about making money not being godly!

the guy is probably lining his pockets before his job is gone i heard dentressangles have taken over christian salvesens this week.

Borderer:
It happens in the real world all the time. I prefer to see it as wealth distribution, oiling the wheels of profit ect. years back I had a few blokes on a sweetener so it meant I never ran empty, and basically it was well worth the investment. Most weeks I earned more in 3 days than some did in five. It was good money till it got rumbled. Oh, and before anyone points any morality out, I could care less, business is about making money not being godly!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: never liked backhanders, but i haven’t been above making them once or twice for juicy contracts :blush: :laughing:

It doesn’t go on anywhere near as much today because of this goodie-goodie state we live in now but I do know one W Yorks agency that pays a certain TM at a Birstall based haulage company a VERY nice backhander each week for making sure they use his drivers before any other agency (isn’t that right Quinny?) !! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Didnt British Sugar in Newark have this problem a few years ago when a haulier bubbled the distribution manager? I think a lot of people were on unsweetened porridge for a while

Ive never back handed anyone for any work and never will. the jobs hard enough as it is. a bottle of whisky at xmas is all they will get off me and thats if I like them.

I f the works right I’ll dress up like Kylie for them!!! :smiley:

jj72:

Borderer:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: never liked backhanders, but i haven’t been above making them once or twice for juicy contracts :blush: :laughing:

I have given nothing…I have taken nothing…that’s why I’m still poor :cry:

madders:
I f the works right I’ll dress up like Kylie for them!!! :smiley:

madders, you have PM - only joking, I can’t see your legs being as good :laughing:

I f I was Kylie I might have PM (T) ho ho! :smiley:

Still, I’d be bancrupt in a month as I’d never get out of bed!!!