Giving a Blaupunkt Radio(DAF) a AUX function

Yeah that’s the kit my mate has got but his radio has a cd. He’s got it working via the jack plug but the loom from the USB had a mini USB at the other end and we can’t work out where it plugs in to as there is no mini USB on the back of the radio. I suspect the loom is meant for your type of radio/aux only unit.

Thanks anyway for info.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilf:
Yeah that’s the kit my mate has got but his radio has a cd. He’s got it working via the jack plug but the loom from the USB had a mini USB at the other end and we can’t work out where it plugs in to as there is no mini USB on the back of the radio. I suspect the loom is meant for your type of radio/aux only unit.

Thanks anyway for info.

Cheers
Neilf

I have that type in the 105 I drive (61 plate) there is a mini usb on the back of the radio, I haven’t tried the 3.5mm jack, I just transfered all my cd’s to a usb memory stick and plug that in, I was bit sceptical that it would read the stick ok but it works fine and even displays titles and tracks,it saves lugging a load of cd’s with you.

i bought the £4 lead off ebay listed as blaupunkt to 3.5mm jack and it works brilliant,use it all day for for my pure highway dab and for laptop dvds in the eveninings.takes 5 mins to fit

europleb:
i bought the £4 lead off ebay listed as blaupunkt to 3.5mm jack and it works brilliant,use it all day for for my pure highway dab and for laptop dvds in the eveninings.takes 5 mins to fit

To be fair, the pure highway is about the best fm transmitter there is. I have a scania with no aux in and I rarely have to retune mine, I just leave it on 87.6. Love absolute radio, 6 music and occasionally plug the ipod into it!

skids:

europleb:

To be fair, the pure highway is about the best fm transmitter there is. I have a scania with no aux in and I rarely have to retune mine, I just leave it on 87.6. Love absolute radio, 6 music and occasionally plug the ipod into it!

i found the fm transmitter ok out on open roads but as soon as i entered big cities it was often overun by small pirate stations giving out serious watts

Trev_H:
I have that type in the 105 I drive (61 plate) there is a mini usb on the back of the radio

That’s what I suspected. My mates radio has the CD and there is no mini USB on the back of the radio. I did tell him to buy one for around a fiver but he fancied the fully fitted look.

Cheers
Neilf

merc0447:
It was coffeholic who put this notion in my head a few months ago and ive finally got around to it :smiley:

Stuff needed

bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp … 93-adaptor
bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp … ealed-keys

Take the Radio out with the 2 concealer keys, takes a right bit of effort!!

Take out the blue yellow and green plugs, then slip of the blue plug on its own its kinda like lego, attach your aux adaptor to where the blue plug was. The original blue plug has no purpose so you’ll not lose any functions on the radio.

Feed the cable through the dash somehow i choose the back end of this little holder.

Bobs yir uncle

Whats left over

Sorry, I know it’s an oldish thread but can the same be done on the basic Volvo FM radio ■■
New fleet has just arrived and the radio’s have no aux socket.

I would guess so providing there is some kind of input at the back of the radio. If it has an AUX function I would say its just a case of establishing what kind of connection you’d require at the radio end.

Cheers neilf

Cheers mate.
I’ll have a look at the back of the radio next week. :wink:

Hi guys. I know it’s an old thread but it’s a good one.
I just bought the required lead. Plugged it in but can’t figure out how to make it work. I would appreciate any help. 06 Volvo by the way

Cheers guys

jc69817:
Hi guys. I know it’s an old thread but it’s a good one.
I just bought the required lead. Plugged it in but can’t figure out how to make it work. I would appreciate any help. 06 Volvo by the way

Cheers guys

Does the stereo have an aux mode? ie, press source until it comes up?

On the DAF / Blaupunkt, you just plugged it into the back, then into any headphone socket, selected aux as the source, and clicked play on your device.

I can’t help with the Volvo question though - may be worth starting a new thread, so people with knowledge of the Volvo system spot it?

Thanks pal. No aux but according to the book there should be cdx which is the changer. But it doesn’t come up. Oh well looks like I’ve lost £4.

Bumping this from a while ago, but thanks for this. Got one of these leads, 2 minutes later and it was all wired up and working wonderfully.

No more radio interference when using an fm transmitter thing!

It was coffeholic who put this notion in my head a few months ago and ive finally got around to it :smiley:

Stuff needed

bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp … 93-adaptor
bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp … ealed-keys

Take the Radio out with the 2 concealer keys, takes a right bit of effort!!

Take out the blue yellow and green plugs, then slip of the blue plug on its own its kinda like lego, attach your aux adaptor to where the blue plug was. The original blue plug has no purpose so you’ll not lose any functions on the radio.

Feed the cable through the dash somehow i choose the back end of this little holder.

Bobs yir uncle

Whats left over

Sorted!

The blue plug is normally used to feed a remote cd changer but will power many other options in the AUX mode, I used it for a wireless remote sender.

my mate got a new 57 reg XF105 SSC, and he said it was 24 volt, would that be correct?

kindle530:
my mate got a new 57 reg XF105 SSC, and he said it was 24 volt, would that be correct?

Truck radios are almost always 24v however has no effect on what you’re plugging into the AUX socket

Trev_H:
The blue plug is normally used to feed a remote cd changer but will power many other options in the AUX mode, I used it for a wireless remote sender.

A what?

as from week 41 2007 daf 105 were fitted with 24v radios if a truck was not ordered with a radio both 12v and 24v iso connectors are fitted