Giving a Blaupunkt Radio(DAF) a AUX function

sorry for delay in reply cheers for that ill have to take the radio out next weel where is the best place to get 1 from? having to have cd’s cluttering up the cab is not good lol

I’ve done this mod to my 11 plate 105xf and it doesn’t affect the working of the Daf fitted bluetooth phone kit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Neilf

Can you still use the volume knob on the stereo?

Davemiracleman:

Yes.

Coffeeholic:

Davemiracleman:

Yes.

Many thanks,just what i need.

I had 1 of these cables in my DAF CF, I took it out when I left, so have it here.

Not leaving it in for someone else to use my truck :smiling_imp:

waynedl:
I had 1 of these cables in my DAF CF, I took it out when I left, so have it here.

Hi Wayned, what do you want for it?

I got one off eBay like this

BLAUPUNKT AUX IN UNI-LINK CABLE TO 3.5MM JACK - IPODS / MP3 PLAYERS

Davemiracleman:

waynedl:

Hi Wayned, what do you want for it?

tbh mate, get 1 off ebay, cost around 4 quid with free delivery.

Dead easy to fit, takes a couple of minutes tops.

Thanks waynedl and Mutley i have just ordered one from evilbay.

One of our drivers had just bought the official DAF kit to allow an MP3 player to be run into the stereo. Comes in a nice little switch blank with a USB and 3.5mm jack socket. Costs over £50 and you still need to supply your own cables. WTF…

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilf:
One of our drivers had just bought the official DAF kit to allow an MP3 player to be run into the stereo. Comes in a nice little switch blank with a USB and 3.5mm jack socket. Costs over £50 and you still need to supply your own cables. WTF…

Cheers
Neilf

If you lift his fringe, it says MUG!

Any idea if it’ll be the same system in an 05 Plate CF Day cab? VDO Unit, I think we decided it was 12 volt.

Just checked the VDO unit in the 06 cf ive borrowed for the day. It’s a totally different unit and has no aux function.
As its 12v and truck has standard DIN connectors then any aftermarket MP3 equipped unit could be swapped in. Just be aware that anything half decent will stretch the ability of the woefully inadequate DAF fit speakers.

Cheers
Neilf

DoYouMeanMe?:

neilf:

Cheers
Neilf

If you lift his fringe, it says MUG!

I did point that out to him.

Cheers
Neilf

I have a VDO audio in my 06 Foden and I find it difficult to recieve radio station especially on FM. I am not sure if its the ariel or not but its been rubbish from new,anyone else got any opinions on them. Thanx

im driving brand new 61plate (January) Daf SuperSpace and it’s got factory blaupunkt stereo with 3.5mm and usb socket built in. No cd player. 2 functions only: FM radio or Aux as standard.

and im really happy with it and i think it should’ve been done a while ago.

pursy:
I have a VDO audio in my 06 Foden and I find it difficult to recieve radio station especially on FM. I am not sure if its the ariel or not but its been rubbish from new,anyone else got any opinions on them. Thanx

Our DAFs alright on reception, just the CD Players become temperamental (probably full of dust) we’re looking into adding DAB if possible.

markoyl:
im driving brand new 61plate (January) Daf SuperSpace and it’s got factory blaupunkt stereo with 3.5mm and usb socket built in. No cd player. 2 functions only: FM radio or Aux as
and im really happy with it and i think it should’ve been done a while ago.

Are both the jack socket and USB connected up?. Reason I ask is my mate has just shelled out over £50 for the DAF kit and we can’t work out where the USB side connects in. Also just out of interest what model of stereo does it have fitted.

Cheers
Neilf

Neilf,

I believe they both are usable.
I am using 3.5mm though. And its all factory wired. Check the pics.

m. :wink: