Give this planner his do,s even he says he's crap

My mate rang me tonight spitting feathers
start 3 am , drag load down too london and deliver for 7.30 , 11.00 told load cancelled and take back too holding yard in London , then told too head back up north Bob tail too collect another load for morning , knocks off at 17.00.
Recieves txt from planner saying job for morning is too run Bob tail back down too holding yard in London and pick up tri he’d dropped off there earlier :laughing: :laughing: and deliver again for 7.30 :laughing: :laughing: , it will apparently get there , when it ■■■■■■■ gets there :laughing: :laughing:
The best bit is the txt he recieved - tomorrow ( and I know this is crap planning ! ) you need to go back to holding yard in London , collect trailer you dropped off there earlier and redilever for 7.30 am .
God I miss that job not :laughing: :laughing: , but at least when I was there you’d drag a tri behind you empty , this planner is just sending drivers hundreds of miles Bob - tail , then back the other way , hundreds of miles Bob tail :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll get the popcorn

Is the driver getting paid? Yes…
/thread

The only problem I see is p1ss poor planning but if the driver is on hours it’s easy money why worry ffs :unamused: :unamused:

tango boy:
The only problem I see is p1ss poor planning but if the driver is on hours it’s easy money why worry ffs :unamused: :unamused:

Reminds me of the 7 'P’s meme.

people in glass houses should not throw stones. Haven’t you got a bin fire to put out at the yard or something? I told you, expect drain rods for Christmas now you’ve told your new boss you’re bored.

I honestly don’t know why stuff like this winds up some drivers. If I’m being paid then I don’t care what I have to do really, I just do as asked. Tell your ‘mate’ to lighten up!

The planner is just doing what he is told and is no doubt as frustrated as the driver but in the end a planner is just a glorified Tboy or Tgirl.

Bugger, our planners wasted a few hours and miles for a couple of us yesterday. Was I meant to whine about it? I do apologise, I was too busy thinking about me overtime rate…

Reminds me of some time back when I was empty near Barcelona. Import clerk calls me and says

“haven’t got anything out of Spain for you, can you “POP” over to Milan , there’s a load waiting for you there”

“pop over to Milan ? Yeah OK” :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Very nice run had by me, all the way along the Mediterranean coast from Spain to Italy :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

pierrot 14:
Reminds me of some time back when I was empty near Barcelona. Import clerk calls me and says

“haven’t got anything out of Spain for you, can you “POP” over to Milan , there’s a load waiting for you there”

“pop over to Milan ? Yeah OK” :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Very nice run had by me, all the way along the Mediterranean coast from Spain to Italy [emoji14] [emoji14] :stuck_out_tongue:

Only a couple of inches on the map

switchlogic:
I honestly don’t know why stuff like this winds up some drivers. If I’m being paid then I don’t care what I have to do really, I just do as asked. Tell your ‘mate’ to lighten up!

Yep as long as you get paid so what

happysack:
Only a couple of inches…

Every little happy helps …

I always said , I’m retired now, that the easiest part of being a driver was driving. In the late 80s I was driving a DAF 2100 4 wheeler curtain sided for S Cooper and Sons , Macclesfield and I’d done a drop in North London and loaded back from Metal Box in Riley Road, Bermondsey for Edinburgh, A nice easy couple of days run . I got to drop in Edinburgh and the load was refused , wrong stuff apparently, spent an hour on the phone with our traffic and Metal Box and was given a new delivery address in Chester. Arrived Chester to be told it was the wrong stuff for them too so take it back to London. Back to London , loaded right stuff for Edinburgh and ran home for weekend. A great week as we were paid by Metal Box for miles run loaded and I hardly got my hands dirty. I was quite disappointed on Monday when they accepted the load.

Can’t see how it’s the planners fault tbh,he arranged said delivery at the time he was told not his fault drop got cancelled and re-arranged,not as if he has control of what’s wanted or not just to get what he’s told when and where it’s needed.

I know we all slag planners off but it’s a job I wouldn’t do not a chance.

I love running bobtail. A whole weeks worth of careful driving avoiding harsh braking/ cornering etc can go straight out of the window the second they’re foolish enough to let me loose in a unit! :smiley:

the maoster:
I love running bobtail. A whole weeks worth of careful driving avoiding harsh braking/ cornering etc can go straight out of the window the second they’re foolish enough to let me loose in a unit! :smiley:

Pensioners beware! :open_mouth:

You want to see him navigating a route to the bog in a pub mate after he’s had a few.

It’s like something out of the Benny Hill show.

Evil8Beezle:
Pensioners beware! :open_mouth:

Oi, watch it sonny! And don’t go hiding behind your pops frilly curtains! :wink:

eagerbeaver:
You want to see him navigating a route to the bog in a pub mate after he’s had a few.

It’s like something out of the Benny Hill show.

That’s the ex agency limp that I haven’t quite recovered from dude!