Give this planner his do,s even he says he's crap

I’m paid to drive. If it’s 44t, so be it, if it’s bob tail, ditto. Another non event post from dozy

OVLOV JAY:
I’m paid to drive. If it’s 44t, so be it, if it’s bob tail, ditto. Another non event post from dozy

Yep, the only difference is maybe the route I take…
Most of us would just see an easy day/shift, dozy just sees stress and trauma!

Must do wonders for fuel bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seddonflatkk105:
I always said , I’m retired now, that the easiest part of being a driver was driving. In the late 80s I was driving a DAF 2100 4 wheeler curtain sided for S Cooper and Sons , Macclesfield and I’d done a drop in North London and loaded back from Metal Box in Riley Road, Bermondsey for Edinburgh, A nice easy couple of days run . I got to drop in Edinburgh and the load was refused , wrong stuff apparently, spent an hour on the phone with our traffic and Metal Box and was given a new delivery address in Chester. Arrived Chester to be told it was the wrong stuff for them too so take it back to London. Back to London , loaded right stuff for Edinburgh and ran home for weekend. A great week as we were paid by Metal Box for miles run loaded and I hardly got my hands dirty. I was quite disappointed on Monday when they accepted the load.

:laughing: :laughing:

I had similar event the last 2 days, Start at 3am yesterday (Monday) for a 7am Manchester. Near strangeways were all the garment wholesalers are. Get there at 6.45am not a sole about, 7am not a sole about, phone office “who say they’ll contact shipper” in the end about 11ish after the customer had turned up at 9.30am surprised to find a 40’ container parked in front of his premises, I was told to go and park up, and return for 7am this morning (Tuesday), so of to Heywood truck stop til 6am this morning. Card pulled at 12 noon, 9 hour day, god I love salary pay :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

had a constructive afternoon, reading CF’s posts then felt incredibly drowsey so had a little sleep, not sure if there is a connection :wink:

When delivering in Gibraltar or Malaga, it was normal to do a days drive to the East coast of Spain for a reload back .
About 400 miles , loading onions out of Poblo de Villabona near Valencia or shoues out of Alicante .
Scenic coast route from Gib to Almeria then through the cowboy and western film set, the area was like another planet .