Give lorry drivers clean, working toilet facilities petition

Give lorry drivers clean, working toilet facilities that meet minimum standards a petition to the Dept of Transport

change.org/p/department-for … -standards

I would agree but its normally drivers who leave them like ■■■■ holes in the first place.

war1974:
I would agree but its normally drivers who leave them like [zb] holes in the first place.

+1

I was going to start a faceache page with pictures of the disgusting places we are expected to use. ‘Checking in’ and shaming them would certainly lead to me getting a letter to see the boss about my ‘negative’ attitude towards customers though :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Give lorry drivers clean, working toilet facilities that meet minimum standards a petition to the Dept of Transport

change.org/p/department-for … -standards

Sorry Rikki, it will never happen as it is usually drivers that wreck it for the rest of us.

A lot of drivers don’t bother with the walk to the toilet…
Yesterday I was in stafford north services (m6 jct 14) and for those that don’t know the lorry park seperates the caravan parking and the services building,so a driver decides to jump out of his wagon and have a ■■■■ up the side of his unit,he either didn’t see or didn’t care about the fact there was a bloke with his kids walking within 50 yards en route back to their car/caravan!!!
The bloke with his kids had to quickly divert his kids eyes and direction of travel away from said “professional driver”,luckily the bloke didn’t ring the police and claim the HGV driver was exposing himself to his kids or something!

To far to walk I guess for mr lorry driver,500 yards…

nyk473l:

war1974:
I would agree but its normally drivers who leave them like [zb] holes in the first place.

+1

+2

Like others have said. Would you spend money on something where the people it’s put up for abuse it.
How the he’ll do you get s@#t stripes 8ft up a wall :open_mouth:

I would like to see a system like in France, where you pay to use the toilets / showers, and use the ticket to get money off on any purchase from any of the service stations.

Claretmac:

nyk473l:

war1974:

+1

+2

+3
And until the dirty gets sort themselves out nothing will change

hedg70:
I would like to see a system like in France, where you pay to use the toilets / showers, and use the ticket to get money off on any purchase from any of the service stations.

Yes great system that,some guys just don’t seem to be able to use a toilet properly

nick2008:
Like others have said. Would you spend money on something where the people it’s put up for abuse it.
How the he’ll do you get s@#t stripes 8ft up a wall :open_mouth:

Stand on the seat, simple.

Nice to see the usual negative attitude on here. It’s true drivers are their own worst enemies, nothing will change unless you make the effort.
It takes little effort to try, but you lot prefer to winge and moan so you can feel sorry for yourselves.
By the way I signed.

The person running
facebook.com/TTUKcampaign?fref=ts
is doing quite well.

Signed :grimacing:

knight2:
Nice to see the usual negative attitude on here. It’s true drivers are their own worst enemies, nothing will change unless you make the effort.
It takes little effort to try, but you lot prefer to winge and moan so you can feel sorry for yourselves.
By the way I signed.

Agreed, we know there are plenty of drivers out there that seem to delight in vandalising the facilities, but there are plenty of normal human beings driving trucks who should have access to decent facilities.
Having used the various facilities for truck drivers, such as service areas, toilets and showers in other parts of Europe, I really feel the facilities offered to drivers in this Country make us look little better than some developing Country, and drivers, (or their companies) get charged astronomical prices for the pleasure :unamused: of using these sub standard facilities.

Signed, shared it round a few relevant people in my work circles as well who share the same view.

nyk473l:

war1974:

+1

• 1 more too. Between the ones that like to ■■■■ in public car parks and the ones that leave the washrooms squalid, can the decent majority ever expect to be treated with a bit of respect?

Can’t really comment on men’s bogs, but do you get enough toilet tissue? If not, then that might be half the problem…?

Never in a million years in this country, it’s full of dirty bar stewards with no respect for themselves or other people’s property, everything you use you zb up…smh