Gist logistics

I Heard a rumour that Gist in Faversham are employing Polish drivers on their M&S deliveries and trunks at a rate of £7.50 an hour while laying off many of their agency drivers. Is this correct and if so what is it going to mean for British drivers who should be on at least £11 an hour?

Market forces mate, welcome to the EU.

Maybe the rumour is just that, a drivers waiting room rumour.

Far better to employ Polish drivers you don’t have to listen to their whinging,moaning etc.etc. you won’t understand a word they say,great idea.Or you could ask which would YOU buy a
Polish car costing £7500 or a British car costing £11,000 if both cars did the same job.

Armagedon:
Far better to employ Polish drivers you don’t have to listen to their whinging,moaning etc.etc. you won’t understand a word they say,great idea.Or you could ask which would YOU buy a
Polish car costing £7500 or a British car costing £11,000 if both cars did the same job.

Well said that man .

Jazzandy:
I Heard a rumour that Gist in Faversham are employing Polish drivers on their M&S deliveries and trunks at a rate of £7.50 an hour while laying off many of their agency drivers. Is this correct and if so what is it going to mean for British drivers who should be on at least £11 an hour?

I dont know what a the fuss is about , in my part of the country £7~50 per hour is cosidered a good rate !!! .

Employ a Pole on a low wage or hand money over to an agency and end up with a walloper like some that post on here. You know the ones I mean…Ross v stobart for one.

In the event that both your employers decide to terminate your contracts in order to employ SKI drivers at a lower rate of pay, would i be correct that there would be no “Whinging,moaning etc etc” heard from you pair of bellends,as the SKI drivers do the same job only cheaper.Just curious. :exclamation:

I’m only just on a little over that rate anyway. Not many jobs up here you see. But saying that, not an awful lot of agency drivers either.

shugg:

Jazzandy:

I dont know what a the fuss is about , in my part of the country £7~50 per hour is cosidered a good rate !!! .

It is in east anglia aswell lol.

I cant believe wot im reading…wot about paying the englishman a fair rate ?

Wow! I’m staggered.

Thought you’d all be outraged that skilled class 1 drivers are being paid just over the minimum living wage. I think it’s a scandal.

When I worked for Gist three years back the rate was £10.50 an hour as an agency driver and the regulars were on £11.

Around here, it would be easier to find the Yeti, than an English person driving a GIST motor :wink:

att:
Around here, it would be easier to find the Yeti, than an English person driving a GIST motor :wink:

I know one :wink:
Don’t know his name but always have a chat with him when I’m delivering to m&s canteen. He’s definitely English!

att:

Same in Scotland if you work for Gist Bellshill,unless you work on the M&S contract at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ would appear both contracts have different T&C but are represented by the same union UNITE, who only want their £11.00 per month union dues and do SFA else.Bellshill pay the trampers £511 per week for 5 days but expect max hours, so 71 hours per week works out at £7.19 and that’s you starting at silly o clock,however this wage seems to be acceptable to certain members on this forum, I refer to the two bellends who previously posted . The SKI’s have thier weekly rest in the truck at the Bellshill depot so don’t have costs such as mortgage, rent,elec,gas,council tax,car,petrol,ins etc. I wonder WHO ARE THE MUGS, but hey if you dont need to listen to “Whinging and moaning etc etc from SKI’s” as per the two bellends then maybe thats okay. Gentleman and Ladies it’s time to grow a pair and stop undermining each other, I know and and have worked with many foreign drivers throughout my 30 years driving both UK and continent and in general have found them helpful. But dont tell me that we should accept less than we deserve. In 1986 I worked at Calor Gas Grangemouth, my hourly basic rate £9.18 thats without unsocial payments .I guess it’s true, you reap what you sow, such a same that this industry has been reduced to this, even Maggie couldn’t acheive this mass destruction even though she tried by setting drivers against the miners back in the 80’s, best of it was a lot of the drivers were ex miners out for a fast buck YUILL & DODDS spring to mind, so unfortunately no matter what good you try to achieve, there will be always some clown ready to undermine you. :neutral_face:

There is one thing they would have to put up with …,its the smell .I gather they’re not making redundant any full time staff. so theres not a thing anyone can do about it.

Essexboy:

att:

I know one :wink:
Don’t know his name but always have a chat with him when I’m delivering to m&s canteen. He’s definitely English!

Right…Best get my Yeti hunting boots on then :laughing:

Jazzandy:

lol

Seany:

Jazzandy:

lol[/quote

Think it’s funny, how sad are you,wait your time will come and see if you’r LOL. :neutral_face:

houndcat:

Seany:

Jazzandy:

lol
[/quote

Think it’s funny, how sad are you,wait your time will come and see if you’r LOL. :neutral_face:

Please explain this comment?