Gibraltar

If anyone is going to gib the system has changed this week(prob change again though) :unamused: :unamused:

instead of being able to drive along the left lane past the taxi rank and enter the customs compound on the right now ALL vehicles go in the same entrance.

trucks must queue up with the cars around the roundabout system and enter as if a car then when inside the gates make a sharp left across the coach pickup point towards the customs compound.

the mayor of la linea is trying to go ahead with his toll idea even though madrid have told him it’s illegal and will damage relationships between spain and gib.
the road with the roundabouts is a national road controlled by the government so is free to use by all vehicles whereas the road after the taxi rank opposite burger king towards the football stadium is locally controlled and the policia local have put barriers up to stop trucks getting to the frontier.

save yourself a lot of bother when you get to la linea and join the car queue but be prepared to lose plenty of tacho time :imp: :imp:

just give them the place it´s only full of monkeys and morons anyway :unamused: :laughing:

Boo, if it’s so rubbish why is Spain so bothered about it ?. Great place gib, all human life is there. Reminds me a bit of the old film Casablanca.

well the Brits would not be to happy if the Germans or French had kept Jersey or Guernsey even though they are not reallyof much use.
More of a pride thing apart from the fact that Spain reckons that 1000´s of Spanish companies are using the place to get out of paying higher Spanish taxes.

Let’s not mention Melilla or Ceuta then. Everyone needs a whipping boy, other countries say the same things about Monaco or Lichenstein or the Cayman Islands. I think you will find it’s more brit companies that use it for tax avoidance, evidenced by the fact that it is the online gambling capital of the world. Did you know that at one time gib companies were the shirt sponsors of four premier league football clubs and Real Madrid (Bwin) ?.

all true but the Spanish want it back, we don´t really ant or need it any more as it costs too much to maintain but the Gibraltarians do not want to be neither Brits nor Spanish

Vascoingles:
just give them the place it´s only full of monkeys and morons anyway :unamused: :laughing:

no welshboy cam out tuesday at 4 o,clock :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: the monkeys ar still in there as far as i know :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love the place,go on holiday there every year for a short break.

browncow2:

Vascoingles:

no welshboy cam out tuesday at 4 o,clock :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: the monkeys ar still in there as far as i know :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i,ll get slaughterd for this :blush:

browncow2:

I’d say that’s a certainty :slight_smile:

Sorry,James,but— :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sir +:

browncow2:

I’d say that’s a certainty :slight_smile:

Sorry,James,but— :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its only morons that say there are monkeys in gibraltar, the place is famous for its barbery APE population not monkeys :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Apes, monkeys,cardiff city fans all belong to the same family so where´s your problem James ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Vascoingles:
Apes, monkeys,cardiff city fans all belong to the same family so where´s your problem James ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

browncow2:

Vascoingles:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’d have expected that from browncow but not dear OLD vas :stuck_out_tongue:

If you go the back way into LL you jump the queue and come out near the new flats…You still have to clear tho then you can drive the old way by the little noddy hut. :smiley:

As of monday last its back to normal with 2 queues.

Hi my first post on here, just came back from gib few months ago from living there and working for a shipping company.
All i can say is what a really frustrating place to live and work, they hate change had to come back here in the end done my head in that much