Gibraltar

Who did you work for in gib, not the lovely Daphne ?.

anybody seen Freshlinc down there yet?

scaniav8power:

No, who would they be delivering to? not many fruit and veg markets in gib

there delivering to morrisons and re-loading back veg for there farm in Spalding. Was with one of there drivers the other week he had just been down to Swiss.

scaniav8power:
there delivering to morrisons and re-loading back veg for there farm in Spalding. Was with one of there drivers the other week he had just been down to Swiss.

excuse my impertinence{thats a big word} why do freshlinc bring back stuff from gib and bring to their farm in spalding. do they import baby carrots that need to be replanted in spalding. and as for the swiss part, what do they import in from swiss. is it swiss rolls or alpine salads.

not actually Gib as that is to get them down to that area but from Spain. As like most things you pick up from the supermarket they mostly have product of Spain written on it so therefore they are bringing back such things as broccolli like they do at there farm so seasonal products. As for swiss they dont import from there they export to there frozen products.

don’t know who fed you that story but they are not delivering to morrisons as that contract is still with continental express who have just bought a new fleet of Daf’s to cover it

I think you will find they are working with continental express who are also loading back for freshlinc. I have been fed this direct from county express and freshlinc drivers. Freshlinc haven’t took the job it just gets them down there to load back there own stuff. Doing until about march time.

scaniav8power:

oddly enough i saw one running behind a continental express near valladolid a few days ago

Continental Express are owned by a fruit importer themselves, Stubbings Marketing. They load there own products back from there own packhouses in Almeria and Murcia. Freshlinc won’t be loading carrots back at this time of the year. Carrots start down there about late april and run through to june. CE are pretty smart, they sub out loads when backloads are a bit thin on the ground and then do it all themselves when they are plentiful. Frio Ejido use to be there main subby, Freshlinc must be cheaper. I think you will find that Stubbins are so tight with Morrisons it will be very difficult for anyone to nick that job. I know !.

Frio Ejido are still doing it for Continental Express, or at least they were today when i left algeciras to come home i passed them going into Gib

freshlinc are not loading back for Continental Express. They are loading back for there own farms LFP (Lincolnshire Field Products) it will be something like callabrese. The guy who owns LFP is a big farmer/land owner and the transport side, Freshlinc is just like his ‘toy’ so to speak. He is very good friends with Stubbins and this is why there doing it. Its only to get Freshlinc down there and they most definitely are loading at Burton Latimar for Gib. Whether there making a good job of it who knows!

Anyone worked for Freshlinc ?. Lincolnshire Field Products grew out of the old Van Geest farms i think didn’t they ?. I think they use to run a transport operation as well.

Gibraltar always reminds me of Sheffield on a sunny day ( without the old steel mills of course).

the good old days in gib…

There were 2 Continental Express and an Irish fridge parked at Eroski at Velez Malaga this week, I presumed they had delivered to Dunns Stores.

kerbut:
There were 2 Continental Express and an Irish fridge parked at Eroski at Velez Malaga this week, I presumed they had delivered to Dunns Stores.

the irish fridge would have been probably as they are done on contract by nolans so could have been subbed out
whereas the conti trucks could either have been local guys having a rare visit home or on their way towards almeria or murcia for fresh fruit and veg reloads

Thanks WbS
Funnily enough after seeing those 3 as I was driving towards Vinwella ,I saw a Silver Wolf MAN also.
By the way (and completely of topic ) have you seen the collection of older trucks the Renault dealer on that road has by the fence of his yard,it is by the turning to Sedella.

From a few weeks ago . . . . .

IMAG0033.jpg

kerbut:
Thanks WbS By the way (and completely of topic ) have you seen the collection of older trucks the Renault dealer on that road has by the fence of his yard,it is by the turning to Sedella.

yes, it looks like a scrap yard doesn’t it :laughing: :laughing: