Getting your arse dry [zb]ed for £7 an hour

I’ve noticed a new trend on here recently.

Someone will come on and say something like:

Hi, I’m getting paid £7 an hour and I let my boss dry ■■■■ my arse for that too, is that a good deal?

Then someone will tell them that it’s not a good deal.

Which it isn’t.

Then lots of people who let their boss dry ■■■■ their arses for £7 an hour will come on and say that person is just bragging and the OP should crack on with getting his arse dry [zb]ed for £7 an hour.

What the actual ■■■■ is wrong with you people?

Seriously?

Perhaps they just want to post another pointless topic on Trucknet…oh, hang on…

I’m very anti the £7 ph work , but why start another thread on it ? Very poorly put by the way. Your typing is sub £7 ph , thank your lucky stars you can drive.

Haven’t you been reading this forum lately :unamused: :unamused: ,every man and his dog have had substantial pay rises due too the dcpc ,
Bosses ,agencies have been chucking money at there drivers ( even stobart drivers have gone up from £7 p.h to £10.10 ph :exclamation: :exclamation: ) ,other than the odd driver most are on £10+ p?he !thank god for the dcpc.

Propaganda. If lots of people say they’re on £7 an hour, other people will think they’re ahead of the game if they’re on £7.50 and won’t join in the push to raise rates.
Now, who wants rates to stay low?

In your mind Contraflow, what should one be earning for driving Class 1 HGVs?

Hourly rate.
Premiums.
Take home per week for tramping.

Just curious to know what your personally deem acceptable, seeing as you so quick to point out what you don’t see as acceptable.

Not saying I don’t agree with you, I do, just wondering…

Perhaps someone has had a bad week out, come home on Friday & headed down to the bottle shop for a few cold shandy`s, then come on TNUK and posted a pointless thread to blow off steam??

Think a certain someone is on £7 per hr themselves and feels better about themselves moaning on here :wink:

£7 p/h isnt good in anyones book shop assistants in tesco are on more than that its bad enough being paid £9.20 an hour at poundland for the crap we put up with.
Girlfriend works for tesco as a team leader and she’s on more than me.

dozy:
( even stobart drivers have gone up from £7 p.h to £10.10 ph :exclamation: :exclamation: )

I’ll believe that when I see it.

I have taken a cut to £9.50 per hour and that has gone up by £1 per hour. I still think its a low rate but its containers so plenty of doing nothing, day shift and most importantly, 15 minutes from home so I spend an hour less in my car every day

£7 an hour or no job at all. Choose wisely.

Radar19:

I bet bosses love you.

The problem is, or should be, £7 an hour is money you can get doing almost anything else. Jobs that are usually far easier and require less investment than being a truck driver. Driving for that money makes you a mug IMO.

Terry T:

Radar19:

I bet bosses love you.

The problem is, or should be, £7 an hour is money you can get doing almost anything else. Jobs that are usually far easier and require less investment than being a truck driver. Driving for that money makes you a mug IMO.

Never said I agreed with it. I’m in a position where I’ve been offered agency work on bins at £7.50 an hour for the first 12 weeks, £8.50 using their umbrella scheme. Its obviously a job and knock game so I’m not sure I want it if I’m only going to be actually working for 4-6 hours a day whilst the other guys get paid for 8 even if they finish after 4 hours.

Contraflow:
I’ve noticed a new trend on here recently.

Someone will come on and say something like:

Hi, I’m getting paid £7 an hour and I let my boss dry [zb] my arse for that too, is that a good deal?

Then someone will tell them that it’s not a good deal.

Which it isn’t.

Then lots of people who let their boss dry [zb] their arses for £7 an hour will come on and say that person is just bragging and the OP should crack on with getting his arse dry [zb]ed for £7 an hour.

What the actual [zb] is wrong with you people?

Seriously?

Does this mean you prefer your boss to use some lubrication when you let him f**k your arse?

Radar19:

Terry T:

Radar19:

I bet bosses love you.

Never said I agreed with it. I’m in a position where I’ve been offered agency work on bins at £7.50 an hour for the first 12 weeks, £8.50 using their umbrella scheme. Its obviously a job and knock game so I’m not sure I want it if I’m only going to be actually working for 4-6 hours a day whilst the other guys get paid for 8 even if they finish after 4 hours.

The agency should be paying 8 hours minimum.

Radar19:

That’s a double shafting then. £8.50 is only 13% more than £7.50. Whenever I’ve done LTD or Umbrella it was ALWAYS 25% more. The agency will be pocketing the other 12% they owe you. Then any money you might make by using an Umbrella scheme will be sucked up in fees by the Umbrella company. And £7.50 is crap to begin with.

Depends on your circumstances. I wouldn’t knock someone for taking one for the team to gain experience, we’ve all been there. Or at least most have. But I often wonder why experienced drivers with the ability to earn more sell themselves short in jobs like this.

And yes, minimum 8 hours from an agency, don’t take anything less.

Terry T:
That’s a double shafting then. £8.50 is only 13% more than £7.50. Whenever I’ve done LTD or Umbrella it was ALWAYS 25% more. The agency will be pocketing the other 12% they owe you. Then any money you might make by using an Umbrella scheme will be sucked up in fees by the Umbrella company. And £7.50 is crap to begin with.

And don’t forget that if they do talk you into umbrella then unlike doing agency on PAYE you won’t be entitled to the same pay rate/min contracted hours as the employed bin men once you’ve been there 12 weeks as is your right under AWR. I bet the bin wagon company’s employees are getting paid more than £7.50/hr.

When I read the title I thought you were sugessting an alternative job to driving. I know a lot of lads are jacking because of the dcpc, but I think I would try McDonalds first :smiley:

Terry T:

Radar19:

Depends on your circumstances. I wouldn’t knock someone for taking one for the team to gain experience, we’ve all been there. Or at least most have. But I often wonder why experienced drivers with the ability to earn more sell themselves short in jobs like this.

And yes, minimum 8 hours from an agency, don’t take anything less.

I’m new at all this but if I was doing Class 1 I would not do anything for less than £10 maybe even £12 an hour. For me, the type of jobs I get are multidrop or multidrop. There is some work here and there with another agency on a good contract that I enjoyed doing but those are few and far between. I need to get some money rolling in now so I’m stuck. Do I take on this job for poor pay or wait till I find something that pays more but might not be as easy or fun? On the plus side, it does go up to £9/9.50 after 12 weeks.

tachograph:

Radar19:

Terry T:

Radar19:

I bet bosses love you.

The agency should be paying 8 hours minimum.

That 8 hours a day or 8 hours a week?