Getting revenge when leaving

harrawaffa:
Card out and back to the yard. Leave it in front of the gate and tell them best of luck finding the key. Inb4 the holier than thou brigade get upset.

+1

I was going to work my notice but…lets just say I can’t take working there any longer and I’ve done 2 weeks so that is where. Was going to tell them today I’m leaving but since they can’t be arsed answering phones…

So why do you want “revenge”?

Giving the company a small (or even a big) problem to solve on Tuesday won’t make the slightest bit of difference to the planner or the TM - In fact they’ll probably get some reward for sorting it all out as they make themselves appear to be the Golden Boys. The only people to suffer will be your (ex) colleagues who will have to do the extra hours/miles to work around the crock’o’■■■■■ that you left them them with.

Hmm maybe. I’ll see how I’m thinking tomorrow. I’ve gotta do something though surely?

Just go in the office in the morning,hand the papers in and say goodbye,leave with your head held high and dignity knowing that even though they messed you about you we’re able to rise above the pettiness.
Makes you look and feel better knowing you are the better person.

Taxi from layby to Stoke. Train home. Keys through the gate Saturday am with a cover note. You may be a few quid out of pocket, and that way you did your best, and can walk away the better man.

hutpik:
Just go in the office in the morning,hand the papers in and say goodbye,leave with your head held high and dignity knowing that even though they messed you about you we’re able to rise above the pettiness.
Makes you look and feel better knowing you are the better person.

^^^ this.

Don’t let them or anyone else there know they’ve ■■■■■■ you off, just clear your stuff out and say a cheeful cheerio…mind you i’d be inclined to work the next week so you get bank hol monday paid, but can quite understand if you’ve had enough.

Born Idle:
Taxi from layby to Stoke. Train home. Keys through the gate Saturday am with a cover note. You may be a few quid out of pocket, and that way you did your best, and can walk away the better man.

Do you really think I can be bothered doing all that at this time of night when I can just drive back at 4.

Dozy has logged in under a different name again?

Get your story straight. Friday was your last day. So you either gave your notice last week, or you were going to leave without giving them notice.

God, can’t we get some decent trolls?

the nodding donkey:

Get your story straight. Friday was your last day. So you either gave your notice last week, or you were going to leave without giving them notice.

Currently at the end of my second week of my 4 week notice. I planned on leaving today and telling them I’m not coming back next week.

Nate187:

the nodding donkey:

Currently at the end of my second week of my 4 week notice. I planned on leaving today and telling them I’m not coming back next week.

Well, the fact that you ended up in a layby, with no gear, tells me that you won’t have the balls to “take revenge”, even if we would give you exact instructions.

And held your hand…

Nate187:
Well here’s what happened…
At 2.30 I rang the planner and said im pulling out and tbf he agreed with me so after having to get a friggin gate pass and stuff I left about 3. Was flying up the m6 but as alot of you will know junction 14-16 was goosed so I came up the a34 and a500 but time was running out so I’ve pulled into a layby. Ive been ringing this planner who hasn’t answered my calls so rang the office and he’s gone home! Spoke to the night planner and theres no car available for someone to come and get me so now im stuck here for the night. No bedding exept a pillow and no food and drink as I cleared my cab out the other day. Just gonna try sleep and roll it in early tomorrow.
How can I get the idiots back for this? I have no intention of telling them im leaving now so that’ll mess up their Tues morning.

If you were really intent on showing them how ■■■■■■ off you were, why did you come off the M6 and make for a lay by, of all places to park up, why didn’t you park on one of the MSAs and get a lift back up off another driver, get home, job done.
Then don’t answer the phone and they get hit with 2 nights parking charge.and have to come looking for you for the keys.
Maybe I would not do that myself personally, but you did say that you wanted revenge.

Just work your notice and stop mithering. It’s the nature of the job that when things go wrong you’ve got to be flexible.

Nate187:
My Mrs did offer to come and get me but its 1.5hrs away and she not very confident driving far so plus it’ll cost us in fuel so I’ll just get my head down. I am bitter they’ve royaly screwed me. The depot manager has taken the company car home which is usually used for these things and is already on the lash.

I’m sure you could have flagged down a fellow trucker heading your way mate. Final attempt to get them back you say…? Well I’m sure you could help yourself to some diesel out of the tank :'-)

Send a message and tell them the cab is on fire, that should get a response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do nothing, let it go and move on to something better.

Nate187:
I’d already refused 2 jobs this week so didn’t wanna look awkward.

And then you got stitched up on the Fri… :smiley:

When I started reading this thread I had a lot of sympathy for you- it sounded like you’d been stuffed up with a really bad run on your last day with a company after you’d properly handed in your notice, and worked on correctly.
Now it seems you’re not working out your notice period? You think that telling them today you won’t be in next eeek is good behaviour, and are considering not even doing that? You’ve already turned down a couple of jobs (would they have got you back) so you’re stuck with what’s left?
Why no night out gear? Because you’ve cleared out the cab ready to do a runner?
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your posts but my sympathy for you has largely evaporated.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
When I started reading this thread I had a lot of sympathy for you- it sounded like you’d been stuffed up with a really bad run on your last day with a company after you’d properly handed in your notice, and worked on correctly.
Now it seems you’re not working out your notice period? You think that telling them today you won’t be in next eeek is good behaviour, and are considering not even doing that? You’ve already turned down a couple of jobs (would they have got you back) so you’re stuck with what’s left?
Why no night out gear? Because you’ve cleared out the cab ready to do a runner?
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your posts but my sympathy for you has largely evaporated.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

No, no misunderstanding from your end. He is a bellend.

Haha yeah I’m a bellend :laughing:

I’d not turned any work down on the Friday, earlier in the week on a couple of occations when i’d finished my run they asked me to go somewhere else which i refused. This could have been why they stitched me on friday who knows.
It’s not rare for employees there to just leave on payday with no notice due to do how they get treated. Another driver heard them saying on the Thursday night give him something easy incase he doesn’t come in. But they didn’t and I still came in as I didn’t wanna stitch anyone up but look what happened.
Why should I let them know I’ve left when they couldn’t be bothered answering the phone to me last night. My Mrs had to leave her night shift to come back to the kids. Her boss isn’t happy and she’s lost out on a nights pay.
As for revenge I took the advice from some of you, I drove it back, parked it outside the gate and left the keys with the security guard and walked out there with my head held high knowing it’s over and I did the best I could. But I left my steering wheel cover there! Ffs! :laughing:
One night to certainly look back on and laugh.