Getting blocked in at services

Parked up in services yesterday evening and was fairly full with johnny foreigners on their weekly rest. Now usually I will try and park in a front row so I can drive straight out the next morning but as there was no front row spaces left I went and parked in behind a Johnny Foreigner in the back row which I planned on reversing out of in the morning. Later on two more Johnny Foreigners pulled in either side of me but i still had the space to reverse back out.
Got up at 5am this morning to find another Johnny Foreigner parked sideways behind me on the road that goes around the lorry park. It took me about 10 mins, a lot of shunts and I caught johnny behind me’s mirror with the tail of the trailer and broke it :blush: but didnt wake him up and eventually got out with no damage to my unit or trailer :astonished: result!
That’ll teach him to be a bit more considerate when parking in future and he’s lucky I didn’t do any more damage because it was ■■■■■■■ tight.
Lesson to be learned is use the parking spaces and if not then don’t park where you are going to block someone in! And I’ve learned not to park anywhere that I can’t drive straight out of in the morning :bulb:

If i was you i’d edit that post a bit, pretty obvious which part.

As a rule you’re right about reversing into spaces, but some wheel attendants just abandon the lorry wherever it happens to stop, so even though you’re correctly parked etc it’s no guarantee that you won’t be blocked in.

When ever that happens to me, i have no problem going knocking on the cab doors in question
and waking them up and get them to move no matter what time off the night it is !!! :smiley:
Should be more considerate about how they park, the flip flops are the worst culprits■■? :slight_smile:

Ricekrispies:
Parked up in services yesterday evening and was fairly full with johnny foreigners on their weekly rest. Now usually I will try and park in a front row so I can drive straight out the next morning but as there was no front row spaces left I went and parked in behind a Johnny Foreigner in the back row which I planned on reversing out of in the morning. Later on two more Johnny Foreigners pulled in either side of me but i still had the space to reverse back out.
Got up at 5am this morning to find another Johnny Foreigner parked sideways behind me on the road that goes around the lorry park. It took me about 10 mins, a lot of shunts and I caught johnny behind me’s mirror with the tail of the trailer and broke it :blush: but didnt wake him up and eventually got out with no damage to my unit or trailer :astonished: result!
That’ll teach him to be a bit more considerate when parking in future and he’s lucky I didn’t do any more damage because it was [zb] tight.
Lesson to be learned is use the parking spaces and if not then don’t park where you are going to block someone in! And I’ve learned not to park anywhere that I can’t drive straight out of in the morning :bulb:

He maybe thought you were a better driver than you actually are and could get out without demolishing half of his truck. If he had ‘blocked you in’ in real terms you would not have got out at all, :bulb: maybe if you had got out of your cab just one more time the few inches that it took you to hit his mirror could have been allowed for instead of just ploughing into him.
He obviously NEEDED to take his rest by the fact he took the last parking place to avoid a ridiculous fine onthe Continent, but you are maybe a 50 mile radius man and know ■■■■ all about all that.
You appear to have a problem with non UK trucks, or’Johnny Foreigners’ :unamused: as you call them, maybe we should adapt a British only system and have a sign saying no Forieigners, just so you can get parked up ffs.
I used to get this bull ■■■■ all the time off some narrow minded ■■■■■■■■ all the time when I was on Foreign regd trucks, it was amazing how they backed off when I opened my gob and they realized I was a Brit.
Full marks for ■■■■■■ ing off and leaving the guy with a broken mirror, maybe some would have pulled his mirror in if it was that tight to get round or is that too much like consideration and common sense.
Off for a coffee to cure my slight hangover, remind me not to park anywhere near you on MSAs.

robroy:

Ricekrispies:
That’ll teach him to be a bit more considerate when parking in future and he’s lucky I didn’t do any more damage because it was [zb] tight.

He maybe thought you were a better driver than you actually are and could get out without demolishing half of his truck. If he had ‘blocked you in’ in real terms you would not have got out at all, maybe if you had got out of your cab just one more time the few inches that it took you to hit his mirror could have been allowed for instead of just ploughing into him.
He obviously needed to take his rest by the fact he took the last parking place.
You appear to have a problem with non UK trucks, or’Johnny Foreigners’ :unamused: as you call them, maybe we should adapt a British only system and have a sign saying no Forieigners, just so you can get parked up ffs.
I used to get this bull [zb] all the time off some narrow minded [zb] all the time when I was on Foreign regd trucks, it was amazing how they backed off when I opened my gob and they realized I was a Brit.
Full marks for [zb] off and leaving the guy with a broken mirror, maybe some would have pulled his mirror in if it was that tight to get round or is that too much like consideration and common sense.
Off for a coffee to cure my slight hangover, remind me not to park anywhere near you on MSAs.

I don’t have a problem with them as such, no more than I have a problem with some Brits. But as always a small minority is what gives them a bad name like the one parked in front of me ■■■■■■■ on his trailer wheel instead of walking the 50 yards to the toilets. And I I did get out and look several times. His mirror will be ok, he just has to fold it back out and pop the glass back in. It wasn’t smashed. He didn’t take “the last parking space” he parked on the road that is for driving around the lorry park and getting to the exit. If he was parked in a proper parking space like everyone else There wouldn’t have been a problem.

Ricekrispies:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i hope this is a wind up.

Broke in the o/p not smashed in the second :neutral_face: back pedaling?? :wink:
Anyway he had a ■■■■ on his wheel so he deserved it :open_mouth: :unamused:

maga:
[quote=“Ricekrispies”

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i hope this is a wind up.
[/quote]
Its an admission, reiterated twice for good measure.

Too late to undo it now, been copied and pasted twice.

If it’s not a wind up we’re doomed

robroy:

Ricekrispies:

He maybe thought you were a better driver than you actually are and could get out without demolishing half of his truck. If he had ‘blocked you in’ in real terms you would not have got out at all, :bulb: maybe if you had got out of your cab just one more time the few inches that it took you to hit his mirror could have been allowed for instead of just ploughing into him.
He obviously NEEDED to take his rest by the fact he took the last parking place to avoid a ridiculous fine onthe Continent, but you are maybe a 50 mile radius man and know [zb] all about all that.
I used to get this bull [zb] all the time off some narrow minded [zb] all the time when I was on Foreign regd trucks, it was amazing how they backed off when I opened my gob and they realized I was a Brit.
Full marks for [zb] ing off and leaving the guy with a broken mirror, maybe some would have pulled his mirror in if it was that tight to get round or is that too much like consideration and common sense.

Thank You Rob, I don’t think I could do it any better myself. I’m not sure what services this was that made it so difficult to get out forward, but I know it’s pretty common practice to park behind a row of trucks in continental service station when the other spaces are full.

robroy:

Ricekrispies:

He obviously NEEDED to take his rest by the fact he took the last parking place to avoid a ridiculous fine onthe Continent, but you are maybe a 50 mile radius man and know [zb] all about all that.
Full marks for [zb] ing off and leaving the guy with a broken mirror, maybe some would have pulled his mirror in if it was that tight to get round or is that too much like consideration and common sense.

Lets be honest Ricekrispies, this thread was never going to end well was it?? :laughing:

I thought it might spark some controversy from some of the usual keyboard warriors but if it teaches some a lesson it’s a job well done I say :sunglasses:

Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal.
You are supposed to swap insurance details.
That means waking him up or leave your insurance details on his truck.
My take on this ,is you broke his mirror on purpose, but if somebody did the same to your truck and took off like a coward.
The foreigner was out of time.
Maybe delayed by traffic or road closures and had ten minutes to park up or be fined up to 10,000 Euros when stopped abroad.
If it was so tight to get out, why not get the Police to move him and get the digi printout signed on the foreigner.

Ricekrispies:
I thought it might spark some controversy from some of the usual keyboard warriors but if it teaches some a lesson it’s a job well done I say :sunglasses:

It never takes very much! :laughing:

Ricekrispies:

i’m going to boot the wing mirror off my neighbours car if he parks outside my house again.

thanks for the idea, that’ll teach him.

Gembo:

Ricekrispies:

It never takes very much! :laughing:

Just waiting on notorious resident keyboard warrior contraflow now :exclamation:

maga:

Ricekrispies:

i’m going to boot the wing mirror off my neighbours car if he parks outside my house again.

thanks for the idea, that’ll teach him.

Good for you :grimacing:

Ricekrispies:

Yeh well done mate, us inferiors, and keyboard warriors have all learned a lesson from you :unamused: , that is is not park near you to save our mirrors especially if you have a yellow front reg plate. As you say …job well done :unamused:

why didnt you simply knock the guy up and ask him to move ?

todays drivers again trying to be super men, sometimes artics will not fit into holes the skill comes from know when we can and when we can not

i guess you learned a lesson on just how big an artic is and how easy it is to hit mirrors so i guess you will not do that again ?

robroy:

Ricekrispies:

Yeh well done mate, us inferiors, and keyboard warriors have all learned a lesson from you :unamused: , that is is not park near you to save our mirrors especially if you have a yellow front reg plate. As you say …job well done :unamused:

No, don’t block someone in that is there before you because chances are they will be leaving before you :bulb: