Getting an NIP from Greater Manchester Police

We all had a message on our trackers yesterday that our company have revived a Notice Of Intended Prosecution from GMP for one of our drivers for not wearing a seatbelt with a pic included as evidence! :unamused:
I’d like to know how they got the pic, would it be from a CCTV camera, one of the Motorway cameras, a copper sat at the side of the road or even a truck spotter with a grudge? It’s nice to know that GMP are well on top of such serious crimes and we can safely sleep at night :unamused:

More likely to be a speed camera van they reckon to be videoing all the time .

I got 1 in hull from a speed camera van I wasn’t speeding but had a white tshirt on. :frowning:

So can they do you for not wearing a seatbelt even though they’re there to catch speeding motorists?

They’re safety cameras not speed cameras

There are eyes everyware :unamused: :wink: :wink:

On the A11 in Norfolk they park their vans on raised bays clearly marked “Police Patrol Vehicles only”, obviously suffering from defective eyesight.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
So can they do you for not wearing a seatbelt even though they’re there to catch speeding motorists?

Yes.

In Greater Manchester at least, dunno about other areas, they have smart cars parked up on places like roundabout junctions for seat belts.
You’ll have seen the ones, big camera on a telescopic mast on the roof…

Example,
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ivers.html

I’m having trouble with this now,got a letter through with a picture and it’s not me! It’s a van I sold a year ago! So I contacted the number provided in the letter and tried to explain I no longer own this van and they was having none of it! Said the van was registered still in my name and she checked her “data base” wilst I was on the phone.rang dvla just to check and I’m no longer the registerd keeper so how the hell I’m getting the finger pointed I don’t know.also have a tachograph of the time and day the picture was taken proving I was at work! Now have the hassle of waiting for paper work from dvla and then sending it on to the central ticket office

If you filled in and posted the V5C to DVLA when you sold the vehicle you should have received and acknowledgement from them confirming the transfer, just send a copy of that.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
We all had a message on our trackers yesterday that our company have revived a Notice Of Intended Prosecution from GMP for one of our drivers for not wearing a seatbelt with a pic included as evidence! :unamused:
I’d like to know how they got the pic, would it be from a CCTV camera, one of the Motorway cameras, a copper sat at the side of the road or even a truck spotter with a grudge? It’s nice to know that GMP are well on top of such serious crimes and we can safely sleep at night :unamused:

yep, i had one of these the other week…

A £100 “compulsory donation” to the chief ■■■■ stables christmas do, and luckily no points!

they have 2 types of vehicle for this at GMP, the standard safety camera van, or little smart cars with extendable cameras on them… either way you get a nice letter and a picture! mine was took on Broadway, in Oldham!

:laughing: :laughing:

B…

Wear your seatbelt. It ain’t rocket science.

Derf:

My thoughts exactly. Shows how many brain cells some people have to come on a forum moaning they’ve been caught not wearing one, egos to big to get the belt round no doubt !!!

Boo9729:

Derf:

My thoughts exactly. Shows how many brain cells some people have to come on a forum moaning they’ve been caught not wearing one, egos to big to get the belt round no doubt !!!

Be fair mate, they had the belt done up…Across the seat anyway. :wink:

Boo9729:

Derf:

If you read my post it clearly states a driver from our company it wasn’t me :unamused: I guess your brain cell ain’t working properly today.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Boo9729:

Derf:

If you read my post it clearly states a driver from our company it wasn’t me :unamused: I guess your brain cell ain’t working properly today.

Was directing anything at you as you already stated someone at your place, more a reference to other posts already posted and those that will undoubtedly post how they also got caught, just before they boarded the ferry after a 23 hr day aswell :wink:

Bungle666:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

yep, i had one of these the other week…

A £100 “compulsory donation” to the chief [zb] stables christmas do, and luckily no points!

they have 2 types of vehicle for this at GMP, the standard safety camera van, or little smart cars with extendable cameras on them… either way you get a nice letter and a picture! mine was took on Broadway, in Oldham!

:laughing: :laughing: middleton road jn perchance ? they are always there morning rush catching the school run mums on there iphones

B…

Boo9729:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Boo9729:

Derf:

Was directing anything at you as you already stated someone at your place, more a reference to other posts already posted and those that will undoubtedly post how they also got caught, just before they boarded the ferry after a 23 hr day aswell :wink:

not exactly crime of the century though is it? I wonder if Greater Manchester Police have cars driving around with cameras on tripods in services and lay bys catching the diesel and load thieves?
That I very much doubt.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Boo9729:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Boo9729:

Derf:

not exactly crime of the century though is it? I wonder if Greater Manchester Police have cars driving around with cameras on tripods in services and lay bys catching the diesel and load thieves?
That I very much doubt.

couldn’t agree more, it’s just a shame that most of the time motorists are easy prey and easy money for law enforcement.