german toll collect

hi all, bought my toll collect at the dutch/ german border, ran to muller at pulznitz, tipped, jumped back onto m way and bought toll collect again from pulznitz to krefeld at first services, no problem, did the same the week after but, before i got to the services a man in a van pulled me in, apparantley i should have bought it before i got back on the m way, told him i,d no money to pay, now ive got a letter asking me to pay the fine, 120 euros within 2 weeks, should i bin it as i wont be going again, or should i wait for the waffen s.s. to knock on my door, last time i went to germany, or deutchland as the krauts like to call it was back in the 80 s with norman lewis, i know ignorance is no excuse, but it was a genuine mistake mine fuhrer, any info appreciated.

If some recent posts about German fines are to be believed you’d best pay it!

my boss had the same letter as one of our trucks was caught on those camera gantries before pulling into the services to buy the maut. he ignored it and it went up :open_mouth: and he eventually had to pay it.
the system is slightly unfair in that you need to have a ticket to use the motorway but the motorway is where the machines are :imp: :imp:
try to remember that all shell garages have the machines if not on a motorway :bulb:

welshboyinspain:
my boss had the same letter as one of our trucks was caught on those camera gantries before pulling into the services to buy the maut. he ignored it and it went up :open_mouth: and he eventually had to pay it.
the system is slightly unfair in that you need to have a ticket to use the motorway but the motorway is where the machines are :imp: :imp:
try to remember that all shell garages have the machines if not on a motorway :bulb:

Oh I didn’t know that about the Shell garages, that’s a handy tip, cheers

button boy:
hi all, bought my toll collect at the dutch/ german border, ran to muller at pulznitz, tipped, jumped back onto m way and bought toll collect again from pulznitz to krefeld at first services, no problem, did the same the week after but, before i got to the services a man in a van pulled me in, apparantley i should have bought it before i got back on the m way, told him i,d no money to pay, now ive got a letter asking me to pay the fine, 120 euros within 2 weeks, should i bin it as i wont be going again, or should i wait for the waffen s.s. to knock on my door, last time i went to germany, or deutchland as the krauts like to call it was back in the 80 s with norman lewis, i know ignorance is no excuse, but it was a genuine mistake mine fuhrer, any info appreciated.

Pay up though gritted teeth and put it down to experience. You never know when you might be going back things do change. Plus read the post about European arrest warrants. and the reason they call it Deutschland is because that’s its name.

another useful tip, go into an area on the motorway that has the 50c toilets which give a receipt think they’re called serways??
they have a directory of all rest areas in germany and which ones have the maut machines, the books are small but very thick and come in handy for picking a stopover if you can’t reach your destination in time.
the books are sometimes stacked near the till but if not ask in broken english :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
another useful tip, go into an area on the motorway that has the 50c toilets which give a receipt think they’re called serways??
they have a directory of all rest areas in germany and which ones have the maut machines, the books are small but very thick and come in handy for picking a stopover if you can’t reach your destination in time.
the books are sometimes stacked near the till but if not ask in broken english :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And don’t forget to collect your toilet receipts to spend in the shop!

switchlogic:

they’re valid for a year :smiley: i used mine up last week near krefeld on a burger king meal gone large :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

welshboyinspain:

It is well worth getting hold of the book/atlas from the authorities it shows all the places that have the machines and it is possible to get it before getting on the autobahn with a little aforethought. i usually found if you are generous whith times and distances when putting in the journey info it covered most eventualities.

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:

they’re valid for a year :smiley: i used mine up last week near krefeld on a burger king meal gone large :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The amount of drivers I’ve met who didn’t know they were vouchers is quite funny, especially when they think back how many they’ve thrown away.

welshboyinspain:

i find those toilets first class it’s time they came to England

switchlogic:

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:

The amount of drivers I’ve met who didn’t know they were vouchers is quite funny, especially when they think back how many they’ve thrown away.

2 years ago i saved up 18 euros worth in the space of 10 months, comes in handy for the occasional treat.
i’d rather put my 50c in a machine and get a receipt than put it in the basket of some smelly turk or russian who looks like they need to wash more than we do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thetourist:

welshboyinspain:

i find those toilets first class it’s time they came to England

they are always spotless, always supplied with soap and paper. i don’t mind paying 50c especially when you get a voucher to spend in the shop. they should have them all over europe would stop certain people using and abusing the few facilities we have. why do people have to damage toilet and washing facilities, whats the point?

switchlogic:

Which is strange as all the adverts and announcements in the bogs are in German and English :confused:

My top tip if you have a wallet like mine where the vouchers stick out a bit:
Put the bar code end inside the wallet or it will get mashed and won’t be accepted by the till bint.

Or buy a bigger wallet :wink:

welshboyinspain:
they are always spotless, always supplied with soap and paper.

Cleaned every single time they are used too!

welshboyinspain:

"Welcome to Sanifair,the modern motorway restroom- "[/i]
The thing is,when she say’s it in English it always sounds like she’s Chinese!
And a lot of them have now gone up to 70 eurocents a visit,and still only a voucher for 50 cents.
I still don’t begrudge paying it,they are spotless and the showers are top notch.
And there are plenty of tankstations off the Autobahn where you can get a maut ticket,some in the middle of towns.

I am assuming I have been given duff info then because I was under the impression that you had 60 minutes to obtain a MAUT ticket after joining the Autobahn?

Harry Monk:
I am assuming I have been given duff info then because I was under the impression that you had 60 minutes to obtain a MAUT ticket after joining the Autobahn?

I’ve never heard that one Harry,60 mins. is going to get you nearly 90km down the road and you should be able to find a services before that,or an autohof next to the autobahn.

Harry Monk:

You’ve definitely been given duff info mate.
Technically you can’t even drive 100 m, from the junction to the services just up there, to buy a ticket.

Not only Shell but most Arals have the lickle machines in too … but we deliver to a place in Wunnenberg and there is absolutely nowhere to buy the damned Maut before rejoining the motorway. I have driven around the estate and checked.