german toll collect

My truck has the automatic toll-collect box built in, but on the trip before last it stopped working and I had to buy a ticket from the machine for the first time. What I didn’t like is that it commits you to deciding on your route in advance. What if there are unexpected delays and you want to go a different way?!

I agree about the high standard of the German toilets, especially the Sanifair / Serways ones with the spotless showers and rotating bog-seats. My next run will be to England, and I’m already depressed about the inevitability of struggling to find a toilet there with no crap on the seat :angry:

Zetorpilot:
My truck has the automatic toll-collect box built in, but on the trip before last it stopped working and I had to buy a ticket from the machine for the first time. What I didn’t like is that it commits you to deciding on your route in advance. What if there are unexpected delays and you want to go a different way?!

I agree about the high standard of the German toilets, especially the Sanifair / Serways ones with the spotless showers and rotating bog-seats. My next run will be to England, and I’m already depressed about the inevitability of struggling to find a toilet there with no crap on the seat :angry:

If a particular Autobahn is closed for any reason on your chosen route and you are forced to take a diversion the system allows for this and the B A G take it into account but if you choose to go a different way because of slow or heavy traffic then you must pay for the new route by cancelling and buying a new one.

welshboyinspain:
the system is slightly unfair in that you need to have a ticket to use the motorway but the motorway is where the machines are :imp: :imp:
try to remember that all shell garages have the machines if not on a motorway :bulb:

Not necessarily, there are still a lot of toll collect stations off the beaten track.

All available here. £4.00 by paypal

gps-data-team.com/poi/german … f_interest

TheBear:
Not only Shell but most Arals have the lickle machines in too … but we deliver to a place in Wunnenberg and there is absolutely nowhere to buy the damned Maut before rejoining the motorway. I have driven around the estate and checked.

Deutschland
Sintfeld Auto GmbH
Weststr. 1
33181 Bad Wünnenberg-Helmern
Ja

Presuming that is the correct Wunnenberg :stuck_out_tongue:

TheBear:
Not only Shell but most Arals have the lickle machines in too … but we deliver to a place in Wunnenberg and there is absolutely nowhere to buy the damned Maut before rejoining the motorway. I have driven around the estate and checked.

When you next buy your Maut ticket, get it to the junction BEFORE the last services before Wunnenburg, then put a via-point to the junction you want. You’ll have paid both ways and can quite freely do your drop and rejoin to come back to that services to get a new ticket for wherever you want…
If you usually travel further on, get it to the junction after the next services.
Or just get it to the junction with that autohof, with a via point for the junction you use if you need to.
A decent cup of coffee in hand while you wait for that damned machine is always welcome :sunglasses:

Or book it on the interweb without touching a maut machine.

Logging on over the Internet
The company must be registered with Toll Collect prior to logging in over the Internet.
Internet log-on is done at the log-on point on the Toll Collect website: www.toll-collect.de.

The transport company or truck driver first enters his Internet-Login and password. At the initial log-on, he enters the user ID and the master PIN. The rest of the process is similar to logging on at a toll station terminal. The user types in the vehicle information or selects a vehicle already stored on a list. Then he enters the starting point and destination of the trip. The program then determines the shortest possible route over the toll road network. The user can accept this or change it by entering points he wishes to pass through. The user can modify the route until it conforms to his wishes. A special convenience is that frequently traveled routes can be stored as standard routes. When the user agrees with the specified route, he books the route and receives his log-on number. The driver must take this with him because it simplifies inspection at control points and is needed to make partial cancellations at toll station terminals.

I am not sure about mobile apps, but I bet Apple have one for that. :stuck_out_tongue: