German driver gets 4.5yrs

news.sky.com/story/1135193/germa … -m25-smash

Link contains publicly available CCTV from Essex police

Terrible and he should have got longer, that poor bloke he lived to be 79 and died because of that ■■■■■

How about the driver of the artic on the main carriageway who hit the car…poor bloke.

Thank god the artic behind that managed to seemingly stop.

Thats not an accident …its MURDER , that is lunacy and he knew it.
Life sentence would have been more appropriate.

TJ82:
How about the driver of the artic on the main carriageway who hit the car…poor bloke.

I remember this at the time and CSI squarely blamed the AB Texel driver. Looking at the footage it shows anything but.

3 wheeler:

I couldn’t agree more. i hate to say it but if he’d been a British driver he would IMHO of been given a far longer sentence.

m1cks:

TJ82:

I remember this at the time and CSI squarely blamed the AB Texel driver. Looking at the footage it shows anything but.

Exactly what i thought, seems he was one of the innocent party

Looks like the guilty driver only avoided killing himself because there was cars behind the other artic.

Kin hec i know of a multi drop van driver english who got 9 yrs for killing a motorbike rider, the van driver ploughed into the bike rider on the otherside of the road, killing the bike on impact, and i thought that was lean.

Bale Bandit:

3 wheeler:

I couldn’t agree more. i hate to say it but if he’d been a British driver he would IMHO of been given a far longer sentence.

If it had been a RHD unit the driver would probably have died it the collision.

■■■■■■■ hell!!! No chance.

FarnboroughBoy11:
[zb] hell!!! No chance.

No chance of what??

mucker85:

Bale Bandit:

3 wheeler:

Far be it from me to suggest that in this case that wouldn’t be a bad thing. A life for a life, perhaps a death penalty wouldn’t go amiss for the bloody fool

Bale Bandit:

FarnboroughBoy11:
[zb] hell!!! No chance.

No chance of what??

No chance of surviving.

mucker85:

Bale Bandit:

3 wheeler:

I initially thought the same but maybe, just maybe a RHD might have saved his life. If it were a RHD the driver would have taken evasive action the other direction. It would have hit the car in a different spot and possibly flicked it onto the hard shoulder instead of into the carriageway.
This is of no consolation to the family of the deceased.

I hear on the radio his son says he cannot forgive the driver. I’m pretty sure I’d feel the same. There was a thread on here a while ago about a widow forgiving the driver who killed her husband.
That takes some immense courage but I fully understand where his son is coming from.

“Nearly 23 hours without a proper break”. Why would you want to do that? Crazy.

Tarrman:
“Nearly 23 hours without a proper break”. Why would you want to do that?

Enter Limeyphil, stage left

metro.co.uk/2013/08/30/ethen-rob … e-3943140/

Contraflow:

Tarrman:
“Nearly 23 hours without a proper break”. Why would you want to do that?

Enter Limeyphil, stage left

Yes i’ve been waiting for him to put his oar in and say something like the sentence was too harsh or something along those lines.

Sorry, he should of got longer because he knew what he was doing. He knew 23 hours non stop without having a proper break would make him tired, he knew what he was doing.

This is why VOSA are working!

Well, since Phil hasn’t joined in (yet) I’ll play devil’s advocate for a moment and point out that “without a proper break” is VOSA-speak for “insufficient breaks to satisfy the Regs” - it doesn’t mean that he had no breaks at all. The report does appear to say that during the 23 hours leading up to the crash, he had been driving for 15 hours - but it’s not clear what he was doing during the remaining 8 hours. Some of this was doubtless taken up by the ferry crossing and some of it was performing Other Work, but who knows?

But the bloke is clearly a Grade One Richard Head and deserves every minute of his sentence.