German cars

So they buy a overpriced unreliable o look at me status symbol,open the handbook and i’m sure it must say in there congratulations you’ve bought a german car now you are superior and must be at the front of the queue and get there without any regard for anyones safety,but dont worry you are immortal and invincible now you drive a german car…just for balance except for the german car drivers who dont drive like maniacs…endangered species

I read somewhere that Audi drivers were now overtaking BMW drivers for the bellend awards.

It’s like saying every Berlingo owner is never going to exceed 37.5 mph, or every microcar owner needs all those blind spot mirrors and fresnel reversing lens (and beaded seat cover). :blush:

I’m guessing because most are reps

Really it’s the car you drive that makes you a bellend ? But a German truck and your ok then :unamused:

Dear chester1,it’s only a personal observation,it just seems to be the majority of inconsiderate driving is from those in german cars,as for trucks well trucks are trucks they all perform in a similar manner and thats it,but i did say except for the ones that drive like maniacs,next time you’re out there and you see a car flying up the outside or inside lane trying to beat you to the coned of area just have a look to see where it originated from.

LIBERTY_GUY:
I read somewhere that Audi drivers were now overtaking BMW drivers for the bellend awards.

It’s not looking good for me is it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or me but I don’t give a toss :slight_smile:

20150701_200703.jpg

Liberty_guy i think you’ll be ok as you see driving from two different angles,i do the old lorry drivers trick of driving my car at 56mph on the motorway and forgetting i can use the outside lane!

IMAG1089.jpg

Here’s my German car, had it nearly 3 years now and not even had to change a bulb on it, might be changing it soon but it will be for another German car that’s for sure.

Here’s my other German motor but not so reliable though.

Evil8Beezle:

LIBERTY_GUY:

It’s not looking good for me is it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You mean parked on the footpath and is that a junction you are parked on too? You have been delivering to shops for far too long now. :wink:

One of the weaknesses of that model is the electric windows fail far too often and the glass just drops down. You can get a kit for around £35 off Fleabay to replace the inserts that cause this.

image.jpg I can only pressume the op has never owned or driven a German car .

Just left the Audi mark for the first time in over 20years , (bought a VW) would recommend them to anyone,last 6 cars where audi’s never had any major repairs with them , don’t think I would buy anything other than Germany!
It’s not the cars that’s ■■■■■ it the ■■■■■ inside the cars !
The rep who’s been upgraded from the mondeo or Vauxhall insignia ,

You either luv em or hate them, apart from the Beetle which the wife say is the bees knees, I’ve driven that once and wore a balaclava

20150812_113226.jpg
20150812_113238.jpg In mitigation I do have a Movano van as well

charger:
Dear chester1,it’s only a personal observation,it just seems to be the majority of inconsiderate driving is from those in german cars,as for trucks well trucks are trucks they all perform in a similar manner and thats it,but i did say except for the ones that drive like maniacs,next time you’re out there and you see a car flying up the outside or inside lane trying to beat you to the coned of area just have a look to see where it originated from.

Next time you stand in a car park see where the majority of those cars originate from . You will find the highest proportion come from Germany by far so it stands to reason that there may seem more German cars causing problems .

LIBERTY_GUY:

Yes, I think I quoted that a while back :grimacing: Sad but seemingly true. Only the other night I was driving on the M621, saw a car in my mirror coming up like a bat out of hell in the outside lane. It flew past - ‘oh, Audi [zb]’ thought I.

Dan Punchard:
0 I can only pressume the op has never owned or driven a German car .

yes i have owned and driven german cars,Bmw and mercedes,just now prefer to spend my money on less overpriced cars.

Spending it on decent cars is far better than the wife getting her hands on it :slight_smile:

Had nowt but Volvos for over 30 years, wouldn’t have anything else for my personal transport.
Can’t knock BMW engineering I suppose, but the styling has gone downbank since the days of the 2002.
I thought the X5 was ugly until I saw the X6, now that really takes some beating.
I have a friend who has just given up on BMW’s as he’s fed up with buying over priced, over rated cars.

I think these days the marque of a car bares little in terms of expected reliability. They all use for the most part technology that has now been around for a good few years and is known.
As such the reliability of most has increased. Of course, you do get bad eggs; I’ve had in the past an Audi A4 S line which had TWO replacement engines (this was in warranty period) as the car would stall randomly. The dealer never solved the problem and I got shot of the car. But then I’ve had (and still have) an Alfa Romeo thats knocking on the door of 200’000 miles without any breakdowns at all.

Similarly, a [zb]for a driver can drive any marque of car. Badges mean nothing these days…

Big shout out for my 59 plate Mazda 6, not had a hint of a problem with it in 6 years and runs like a dream. Plenty of standard kit and a very capable 2.2 litre engine which gives it plenty of grunt. When I was deciding what car to buy the Japanese brands were considerably cheaper whilst offering excellent reliability and similar levels of kit and performance over the more prestigious German badges. When this car reaches the end of its lifetime I’m seriously considering a Kia Sorento, you can’t ignore a 7 year warranty and again, loads of kit included for half the price you’ve pay for something like a Q5, X5 or Touareg. In terms of reliability, these days I don’t think there’s much difference between prestige brands and cheaper alternatives, it’s such a competitive market that any unreliable cars would just flop. When I see a recovery truck I make a mental note of the vehicle of the back and recently I’ve been noticing a lot of Q7’s!