Genuine driving vacancies in Glasgow

My firm are opening a depot in Glasgow early in the new year and will be looking to recruit around 15-20 drivers, maybe up to 12 on days and approx 6-8 on nights.

The day work is Class 1 and Class 2 multi drop fridge work throughout Scotland (likely to be nothing north of Dundee). Night work will be Class 1 trunking (generally trailer changeovers with drivers coming north from other depots). We don’t anticipate a need to employ any trampers at this depot just yet.

Wage levels are not absolutely confirmed yet but will not be less than £425pw for days (we pay Class 1 and Class 2 the same wage) and not less than £460pw for nights. This are salaried (not hourly paid) positions and loosely based on a 50 hour working week. We are ideally looking for applicants with fridge and/or multi drop experience but would make exceptions for the right candidates.

For those who need to know the location our new depot is close to J26 M8. The depot will open in Jan 2009.

If you are interested in applying then please download an application form from our website www.langdons.co.uk and send the completed form to:

The Personnel Office (Glasgow)
Langdon Industries Ltd
Showground Road
Bridgwater
Somerset
TA6 6AJ

Any other questions please let me know

Simon

I’ll bet theres a few on here that wish they lived closer to your place :slight_smile:

Not for that money I don’t.

would you take a relitive newbie class newbie on. ive had over a year on class 2 work.lots of multi drop experience on vans aswell

though would prefer to do night trunking

I’d jump at it. What wage do you expect dieseldog■■?

dieseldog6:

will not be less than £425pw for days

Is that for the first 40 hours :question:

dieseldog6:

£65 job seekers or £425 full time job let me think about it :unamused: :unamused:

ROG:

dieseldog6:

As he stated it’s fixed based on 50 hours week.

Where abouts are the changeovers going to be for the night trunks.

I’ve lots of fridge work experience and lots of multidrop experience around about central scotland. Have a clean licence which ive had for well over 2 years and good work history.

But not that interested in dayshift multidrop, but night trunking appeals and a full time job in Jan def appeals the way things are going.

orys:

ROG:

dieseldog6:

all at once - ROG IS A NUMPTY :blush: :blush: :laughing:

Simon71:
This are salaried (not hourly paid) positions and loosely based on a 50 hour working week.
[/quote]

Heard that before when on a salaried position.

It starts off like that,then slowly increases to the point at where a 50 hour week,when broken down into an hourly rate,sounds great at the beginning,but then it’s a case of an hour or two here or there,in favour of the management,means you end up working more hours,especially if you get held up anywhere.

You have been warned.

Sorry not for me I’m afraid.Once bitten,twice shy.

Ken.

One of the best offers ,
Ive seen in a while.

I would fancy it,
but have been told

In Scotland
The eat all their meat raw,
and their vedgies fried,
They shower in the rain,
and use glass to wash themselves,
and grow dreadlocks in their pubic hair :smiling_imp:

and a tooth brush doubles
as a brush to clean between your toes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

…“Runs and hides”

EDITED:

That was politically not correct joke, and I know that you are very strict, so I keep for myself why they are wearing kilts for :slight_smile:

orys:
That was politically not correct joke, and I know that you are very strict, so I keep for myself why they are wearing kilts for :slight_smile:

So The sheep cant hear the zip.

But They cant hear it anyway if their dead :laughing: ::lol:
(thats why the welsh still wear trousers)

Some people do really have low expectations don’t they.

No wonder the job is the way it is, I’ll do it for that, that’s better than the dole.

Multidrop fridge work can be hard going, it’s not all RDC’s, you will be expected to jump on the back and handball or use a pump truck.

The wage works out at £8.50 an hour but after tax you’ll be lucky to go away with 300.

What firm is it anyway, you failed to mention it

Macka Packa:

orys:

So The sheep cant hear the zip.

But They cant hear it anyway if their dead :laughing: ::lol:
(thats why the welsh still wear trousers)

that second part is new for me :slight_smile:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Some people do really have low expectations don’t they.

No wonder the job is the way it is, I’ll do it for that, that’s better than the dole.

Multidrop fridge work can be hard going, it’s not all RDC’s, you will be expected to jump on the back and handball or use a pump truck.

The wage works out at £8.50 an hour but after tax you’ll be lucky to go away with 300.

Some people are looking for a start ,
and £8.50 is a decent wage.

Can you provide 10 other companies
at this moment in time offering over £400 for class 2 work in Scotland?

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Simon71:
If you are interested in applying then please download an application form from our website www.langdons.co.uk and send the completed form to:

The Personnel Office (Glasgow)
Langdon Industries Ltd
Showground Road
Bridgwater
Somerset
TA6 6AJ

ROG:

orys:

ROG:

dieseldog6:

all at once - ROG IS A NUMPTY :blush: :blush: :laughing:

Now 2 numpties :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Macka Packa:
and £8.50 is a decent wage.

I also think that it’s ok…

And apart of everything that’s better than you have in agencies, and you are sure that there will be a shift for you.

Shetland Transport @ Coatbridge were paying that 2 year ago, doing exactly the same basically. But you ran south with a load delivered early am went to Langdon’s Redditch parked there till 6 / 7 pm then loaded up to glasgow delivered Hillington, then I think it was Makro Sighthill Edinburgh back to Coatbridge then day shift man took your truck to do the rest.

Hard 2 weeks nights every 6 week…