Gay as..........

I’ve been put on a truck just for today and its decked out in the gayest of tassels and curtains. I’ve took the ones down that were over and in front of the screen, obstructing my vision, but the rest I’m just putting up with.
Anyway, it’s most embarrassing. Why? FFS? Us older lads have spent years cultivating the butch/hero trucker stereotype, only to have it undermined to point where we’ll soon all be thought of as raving mincers.
Take them out!

Robroy on holiday?

TBF the front curtains in one unit on our fleet hides the lights on the forward-facing camera, which are quite distracting at night. And cos I only drive at night, it’s not too bad… what’s worse in the same unit is the flag that’s something to do with some football club or other… :smiling_imp:
As far as the lights are concerned, I s’pose that’s what gaffer tape is for, now that I’ve thought a bit :confused:

Do you feel like you’re peering out of a Laura Ashley display window?

Come at me bro if you’re manly enough.

Mmmmmmmmmm…well, half shift done and nobody in Scunny steelwoks has asked me for a date! I’ll stand the minions dolls back up on the dash…see if that helps…

Go into the bogs drop the soap, and announce outloud in your best northern accent “this soorrp would be right nice to clean me tassels wi” and report back

They all wear those hats at the steel works don’t they? They’d like your curtains

#young man. There’s a place you can go. I said young man…#

cheekymonkey:
I’ve been put on a truck just for today and its decked out in the gayest of tassels and curtains. I’ve took the ones down that were over and in front of the screen, obstructing my vision, but the rest I’m just putting up with.
Anyway, it’s most embarrassing. Why? FFS? Us older lads have spent years cultivating the butch/hero trucker stereotype, only to have it undermined to point where we’ll soon all be thought of as raving mincers.
Take them out!

I think the fact you describe yourself as “butch” doesnt do you any favours.
Me thinks the curtains are not your biggest problem in convincing people! :laughing:

happysack:
Robroy on holiday?

:slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:

happysack:
Robroy on holiday?

:slight_smile:

I missed that one :laughing:

cheekymonkey:
Mmmmmmmmmm…well, half shift done and nobody in Scunny steelwoks has asked me for a date! I’ll stand the minions dolls back up on the dash…see if that helps…

Or as eluded too before, ask Robroy for some tips! :wink:

I gave up and came home. Nearly got fixed up but when he realised I was not the chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee he wasn’t interested.

The-Snowman:

cheekymonkey:
Take them out!

Me thinks the curtains are not your biggest problem in convincing people! :laughing:

It’s funny that I was thinking the same…he protesteth too much, as they say.

Seeing as I am being abused here ( :smiley: ) I’m the sort of guy that can get away with poofy curtains, I can even carry off a pink shirt to go with my cool favourite exclusive designer lable jeans…George A’ Tasda no less :sunglasses:
and there is a good reason for this.
Anybody who knows me will tell you I am the epitome of testosterone oozing butch manliness, :sunglasses: …so where as some could not carry off the tassled frilly cab look without some doubt to his ■■■■■■■■■, I can…end of…
Nothing against gays btw, .but I am definitely not that way inclined, and if anybody dares to come on here again and cast aspersions at me , there will be repercussions or even come and say it to my face… if you dare.!! :smiling_imp:

And I will get my boyfriend to sort you out. :smiley:

robroy:

The-Snowman:

cheekymonkey:
Take them out!

It’s funny that I was thinking the same…he protesteth too much, as they say.

Seeing as I am being abused here ( :smiley: ) I’m the sort of guy that can get away with poofy curtains, I can even carry off a pink shirt to go with my cool favourite exclusive designer lable jeans…George A’ Tasda no less :sunglasses:
Anybody who knows me will tell you I am the epitome of testosterone oozing butch manliness, :sunglasses: …so where as some could not carry off the tassled frilly cab look without some doubt to his ■■■■■■■■■, I can…end of…
Nothing against gays btw, .but I am definitely not that way inclined, and if anybody dares to come on here again and cast aspersions at me , there will be repercussions or even come and say it to my face… if you dare.!! :smiling_imp:

And I will get my boyfriend to sort you out. :smiley:

How’s the holiday? :laughing:

You won’t get me driving a pink truck, those pink bulk tippers, even their shovels on back of the cab are pink .
Imagine the cab door being knocked all night in Lymm truckstop.
Any business sir ?
Then wake up to your back doors being bashed in .

robroy:

This is how I imagine Robroy looks as he goes about his daily business behind his tassled curtains in his shagwagon

Nice moose knuckle, Robroy.

switchlogic:

robroy:

This is how I imagine Robroy looks as he goes about his daily business behind his tassled curtains in his shagwagon

Ha ha! Priceless. My God though you’re in for a right spanking when Robroy sees this…

Yep, he’s going to have your pants down, Switchlogic.

Contraflow:
Nice moose knuckle, Robroy.

Ffs tears laughing :laughing: