gassed.

This matter (or is it gas :smiley: ) has been discussed many, many times here on TN.

Emmerson2 is correct in that there was a link to an article written by an anaesthetist explaining that no such gas is readily available.

As for squirting it up the night heater exhaust. How is that ever going to get into the cab? The burner side and warm air side of a night heater are completely separated.

I heard that someone had been gassed in the uk several years ago, probably by illegals aka talliban.

Maybe what ever they use isn’t a medical gas,as for giving the correct dose,i wouldn’t think that they would be bothered if they killed a driver, us british must be so rich,or that’s what they must think,

For once I am on Toby’s side, anything to do with gas is utter ■■■■■■■■, it has been mentioned in many many stories, just like Jackanory.

Bob, how is spraying gas up a night heater exhaust ever going to affect the driver?

How does the criminal with the gas can render the driver unconscious and then manage to climb in the cab to nick his wallet, phone and wifes photographs without gassing himself. The anaesthetist has to measure all the vital signs, weigh the patient and spend 6 years in medical school before he can render a fat bloke unconscious. He can also work out exactly what time he wakes up.

Why do we pay these clever medics so much money when all we need is a couple of Romanian ■■■■■■?

kiwitaff:
Heard a bloke talking while i was tipping the other day saying that he had been gassed in his cab over east england somewhere. Now i have heard of people going on about this over the water but does it really happen■■? Anyone on here been gassed ?

This is one for the RDC waiting rooms.

“Hey guys. I got killed last week. My funeral is on Friday. Coming?”

Inhaling some fumes is an everyday occurance. Being “Gassed” to the point of being dead or having a serious accident that leaves one unable to speak about it is a matter for a coroner rather than someone moaning about nasty niffs in their cab.

“Hey - I ■■■■■■ in my cab - does that mean I’ve gassed myself with hydrogen sulphide which is known to be as deadly as hydrogen cyanide?”
Nope. A ■■■■ contains mostly Nitrogen swallowed from the air, with a small amount of methane (enough to light sometimes) and a teeny tiny amount of H2S gas, which is just as well when it’s deadly in high concentrations…

Some of the rumours and gossip that I hear are beyond the riddiculous :laughing:

I heard once about drivers being killed by people sliding under the sleeper and shooting up through the floor to the bunk :laughing: Now why on Earth would anyone in their right mind slide underneath a truck in all the dirt and filth, waste amunition trying to get through all the metalwork and a storage compartment, then through another layer of metal and a mattress ? In such cases it would be easier to shoot through the side of the cab :laughing:

So if a theif could spray easy start up the exhaust pipe of the night heater (similar to spraying it up the exhaust of a car in hope it gets into the cockpit :confused: ) and does manage to knock the said driver out, how does he then get into the locked cab, passed the sleeping driver without gassing himself?

Reminds me of the drivers i used to work with who spent their running money and did not have fuel to get back to the UK from Porto.
A short walk from where they parked for a few days was the bars that had ladies charging £ 100 or more for Champagne that cost £3.
If you bought them a bottle that was their fee for “services”.
The next morning at the office they showed that their trouser pockets had been cut open with scissors while they slept in their cab and did not notice a theif getting in the cab and do some handy cutting.
They got their running money paid every two weeks with this convincing drivers story.
Odd how so called gassing took place with a baghouse not too far away.With the driver not wanting to admit going in there if he has a partner back home some made up story of being gassed would cover up his guilt of the bag house visit.

It’s all bull . Proof needed by anyone who claims otherwise. :unamused:

Tarrman:
So if a theif could spray easy start up the exhaust pipe of the night heater (similar to spraying it up the exhaust of a car in hope it gets into the cockpit :confused: ) and does manage to knock the said driver out, how does he then get into the locked cab, passed the sleeping driver without gassing himself?

You never heard of a mask ? :grimacing:

I dont know how they did it, but when I pulled for John Mann I was gassed in Rabat, Morrocco,and my wallet emptied,
I reported it to the police who just shrugged and laughed at me, and told me to be careful where i parked. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Some of the ‘I know it all cos I drive a big truck so anything I say is fact brigade’ still believe the earth is flat !

I must concur with my esteemed colleagues.

It’s damned hard to know exactly the right amount needed to gas someone to unconciousness or even death without knowing things like Body weight, and being able to concentrate the vapour straight into the intended victim’s face. Think Chloroform on a rag here… Even doing that in real life would probably have you struggling with a big hairy arsed guy kicking and screaming all over the place, with a big chance the would-be assassin gets a good smack in the mouth in the process from said “Bear with a sore head” driver emerging from a partially intoxicated state…

I met a driver in CZECH who had been gassed, ( apparently puts you into a deep sleep ) then forced the roof vent to get in. A lot of trucks in those days had quite big roof spoilers, so any thief could be hidden) anyway he had all of his running money stolen, plus other bits and pieces, and a few of us helped him to Turkey ( where he could get a draw ) he had not been with any slappers, but merely parked in a place where he was vulnerable, other than where fellow brits used to park. He did report it to the police, and was told by them that they spray the gas up the night heater tube, and i assume that if its not running ( summertime ) then its a clear path into the cab, without being disturbed , sorry folks but i was merely quoting what the driver had said, and i dont disbelieve that it can happen.
Dont believe that a chemist said there is no such gas, otherwise we cant be put to sleep before an operation, and anaesthetic has been around since sliced bread, and people dont realise that in the old Commie bloc, anything can be bought, including gas, and many other things that would be totally illegal over here. lets not forget that many firearms used today in the uk, are in fact supplied by the old eastern Bloc.

Like most of the threads on here ,the one’s who “know” the most are the ones who it as never happened to. :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t know about drivers in their cabs, but they do it to people sleeping in their beds quite a lot over here, not sure what they use, but someone I read in my local paper was gassed, was in hospital for a week afterwards, better than being shot in the head though I suppose, which is what they usually do. :unamused:

As others have stated it is complete nonsense. Take a couple of minutes to read the article in the following link;

motorhomefun.co.uk/magazine/ … s-attacks/

This gas does not exist.Ask your doctor next you see him or her and ask what gas can be carried around Europe and beyond in such a small quantity to be dispersed in to a truck or camper van.
Have you ever seen a report of criminals being caught and arrested with it.?

shuttlespanker:
NO, that is a story that drivers tell their wives/partners when they have spent far too much in the baghouse :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you are not sure what a baghouse is, ask TheTaff, he can explain it all :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley:

GBPub:
As others have stated it is complete nonsense. Take a couple of minutes to read the article in the following link;

motorhomefun.co.uk/magazine/ … s-attacks/

Think that sums it up. Its all a load of bull.

More like drivers being drunk and fell asleep with cab doors not locked or the windows down and got robbed without seeing or hearing a thing.