gassed.

Heard a bloke talking while i was tipping the other day saying that he had been gassed in his cab over east england somewhere. Now i have heard of people going on about this over the water but does it really happen■■? Anyone on here been gassed ?

NO

NO, that is a story that drivers tell their wives/partners when they have spent far too much in the baghouse :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you are not sure what a baghouse is, ask TheTaff, he can explain it all :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or maybe it’s the aftermath after a tin of beans

shuttlespanker:
NO, that is a story that drivers tell their wives/partners when they have spent far too much in the baghouse :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you are not sure what a baghouse is, ask TheTaff, he can explain it all :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and it’s not what the geordies call vosa either

■■■■■■■■. :slight_smile:

I once broke wind on a double drive and pressed up on the passenger side electric window switch on the drivers side so my mate couldn’t open his window, maybe that’s what it means :question:

ive been gassed several times over the years…by myself after very strong curries the night before.
it sounds to me that the gas comes from the bull ■■■■ that comes from some drivers mouths.
ive been driving for 17 years on the continent and in the uk and ive never met a driver that has ever being gassed.
its another RDC ■■■■■■■■ rumour if you ask me but I supose im about to be proven wrong when everyone jumps on the band wagon and tells me it happened to them.

My uncle who done euro work and russian work for many years reconed the only drivers who seemed to get gassed were ones who were in the bar buying berr like it was the night before prohibition started or soent the entire ferry crossing on the fruit machines and as spanky said stopped at bag houses to often.

This mystery gas does not exist.A doctor posted on Trucknet how and what and why not.
Spent the running money in the bag house or on the gambling machines.

I have heard of many gassings on truck drivers, but all of them over the water, it used to happen in CZECH quite a lot, and the prossies also use to use a tablet to put in your drink. There have also been many in southern France, and motorhomers had been warned to stay away from certain service areas because of gassing. For those who have never heard of it, you can buy anti gas alarms to fit to your vehicle, and they are not just to be used whilst you are cooking :laughing:
What the thieves do, is spray it up the night heater outlet, a very common problem if your windows were closed, or through the air vents of any vehicle, a foreigner such as us abroad, would be known to have either money or valuables in our possession or vehicle, so would be good takings for the destitute thief.
I have not heard of it in the UK, but know that the practice originally started in the eastern bloc.

IIRC there is a tn member who has been gassed in this country

Many on here will of course know her

This is an old chestnut that turns up on caravan forums regularly.
It was dismissed once by an anaesthetist, who said that no such gas exists, and if it did it would be in use in hospitals all over the world. Also, why is it that it always happens to “my mother’s uncle’s sister” or some such, and never to the original poster?
Like many others I’ve been touring Europe for many years now, and never encountered the problem, nor have I met anyone who has.
Complete balderdash, I’m afraid.

Happened too me in portugal 19yrs ago took the lot .their over ere now so using same tricks .

Yes it does go and has for years a good mate of mine owner driver been done twice last time 10yrs ago at wetteren
a lad who works for us got done 2yrs ago at ranst
another of ours around same time had attempted breakin(no gas)but as they opened door he swung at em with a hammer they legged it
Belgium again
another mate owner driver woke up rough(no drink)to find door open but nothing taken must have been disturbed he felt rotten all day he was parked in the 1st aire after senlis peage A1north
I’ve drove for 22yrs last 10 on euro had no problems but i know does go on and no one can tell me different

Please post the chemical formulae to prove such a gas can knock a driver out.The myth of Easy Start is just that.
With everyone having different body mass indexes how would the "gasser’ calculate the correct dosage to knock you out.And all this i heard someone talking about it but not one report of someone dying of an overdose of gas.Not one fatality either.

as most of the drivers on here have been no further than dover,gassing was rife in calais in the 90s,they use eaststart and spray it into the vents or use a small plastic pipe like you get with wd40 to get around the door rubbers.when it happens to you blame it on a ■■■■!!.or dont vans use it

Many years ago I was gassed in Chesterfield truck stop. My night heater stopped working during the night and being the stupid twonk I was at the time I lit my camping gas stove to warm the freezing cab up, next thing I knew I was in the a&e with carbon monoxide poisoning, not a nice experience and minutes from death. It seems someone saw the flame flickering and opened my unlocked door to check on me, thank you passing stranger :slight_smile:

The chief officer and myself were both gassed whilst on a ship on Parkade in Rotterdam, not a nice experience but the chronic headache soon cleared once in the fresh air. If I could find it I would post the official police report just to prove it wasn’t ‘complete and utter balderdash’.

toby1234abc:
This mystery gas does not exist.A doctor posted on Trucknet how and what and why not.
Spent the running money in the bag house or on the gambling machines.

Toby, sometimes you don’t know pigs arse from pork :unamused: