Garage contents

Like a lot of people my garage is full of stuff “I might need later” :open_mouth: Its silly really as my most expensive purchase, (after my house) is sitting on the drive in the pouring rain. Anyway this got me thinking, what is the strangest thing you know that’s kept in a garage?? Not far from me I know of someone who keeps his airplane, (wings folded and on a trailer) in his garage. Strangely his next door neighbour has a speedboat in his garage. I won’t post pics for obvious reasons. I look forward to some interesting posts :wink: :wink:. Regards Kev

Hiya …6 motorbikes and only ride ONE…at one time i had a Seddon fibre glass cab in there.A ford 997 engine
that might come in handy.a triumph stag bonnet that might come in handy but i sold the car 15years ago i must
put that on Ebay.a pile of A 2 Zs but now i,ve retired and theirs a satnav in the car.don’t know how to use it.
god do i need a clear out.we did a few car boots and had a stall at a show that raisd nealy 2k and theirs still
no room in the garage…same as you kevcmac47 the 50k motorhome is standing outside on the drive
John

Rumour has it someone over the hill in tellytubby land has 30 GUY BIG-J motors with a certain engine that sticks out
the back. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: - :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: in his back garden`s BIG shed. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Rumour has it someone over the hill in tellytubby land has 30 GUY BIG-J motors with a certain engine that sticks out
the back. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: - :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: in his back garden`s BIG shed. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Brian, something more unlikely but definitely true I know of a fella not far from here with TWO Vincent Black Shadows in his garage, one is concours the other is in bits. Regards Kev. PS did you know Iain got married last week??

kevmac47:
Like a lot of people my garage is full of stuff “I might need later” :open_mouth: Its silly really as my most expensive purchase, (after my house) is sitting on the drive in the pouring rain. Anyway this got me thinking, what is the strangest thing you know that’s kept in a garage?? Not far from me I know of someone who keeps his airplane, (wings folded and on a trailer) in his garage. Strangely his next door neighbour has a speedboat in his garage. I won’t post pics for obvious reasons. I look forward to some interesting posts :wink: :wink:. Regards Kev

Was he a winner on Bullseye :question: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On a related note, what self-respecting driver has not got at least 2x brand new pairs of boots, 1x set of overalls/uniform and a waterproof coat in their attic? And probably from their job before last!!

Ive got a 6x4 garden shed in kit form in my garage,I bought it with money given to me by my 4 sisters for my 60th birthday had it delivered and put it in the garage and its still there and I am now 66 :laughing: must get round to building it one day soon :blush:Like every one else car on the drive.

kevmac47:

8LXBV8BRIAN:

Brian, something more unlikely but definitely true I know of a fella not far from here with TWO Vincent Black Shadows in his garage, one is concours the other is in bits. Regards Kev. PS did you know Iain got married last week??

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs ERF64cu1 :smiley:

When I re-located from Cambridgeshire back to the North-West in 2005 I had a garage (contents) sale one Saturday. Apart from the accumulated AEC spares I had that went like hot cakes, and one buyer had travelled down from Sheffield to be outside the door for 6.00 am, there were several other bits and pieces I uncovered. Such as a box full of Ford ■■■■■■ 1300GT oil and air filters, - I’d sold that car in 1976! Some Riley 11/2 RME brake cylinders (new) and I’d sold that car in about 1973 and a steering wheel for a Triumph TR6 that I’d sold in 1981. I can’t even remember how or why I’d acquired that. It was an excellent sale and raised nearly £2,000 in about 2 hours of selling. It’s well worth doing a garage contents sale now and again but you must provide refreshments for your customers. :wink: :wink:

GCR2ERF:
On a related note, what self-respecting driver has not got at least 2x brand new pairs of boots, 1x set of overalls/uniform and a waterproof coat in their attic? And probably from their job before last!!

Yes that’s me more or less plus several packs of gloves. In the garage there are chains, ropes, straps, marker boards, amber beacons, the contents of my cab including two 24v kettles and two CBs ( one AM and one FM ) a black and white TV, I could go on and on. It’s all been there over seven years as I was lucky enough to retire at 59 unexpectedly. I really must have a clear-out soon. Cheers Haddy.

The huge box of A-Zs that I know I’ll never use again. Why don’t I just dump them? Most of them must be out of date by now. And the rather expensive radio/CD player complete with speakers. And the CB which I last used 20 years ago. And the 13 sets of straps & ratchets which I was SURE I’d need “one day”. Sadly I was never lucky enough to work for a firm which was over generous with the clothing- how I could do with a decent pair of new boots on th’allotment!

i keep falling over a pair of snow chains for 1100x22.5 tyres. dragged them out of an ERF we bought around 1981, and they’ve sort of hung around my garden shed ever since.

three restored by me fs1es, 1 dt175mx ,1 dt50m unrestored , two Raleigh choppers,1 Raleigh shopper,1 Raleigh Europa, two bmxs , nos fs1e stock and other junk and number of other bikes etc . :laughing: , shed 2 junk junk junk and £1000s of pounds of junk , don’t tell my neighbours though they don’t work . :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Well mine has my MGB.GT In it but it is also packed with all sorts of stuff, I came across an old Redex Compresion tester the other day when I was looking for some welding rods plus lots of old tools, One of these days I must have a sort out, Regards Larry.

Right this thread has made my point. Me and the mrs are looking at bigger houses at the moment, we want to start a family. She is adamant the house must have a garage for her car she’s even snubbed perfectly nice houses because they haven’t had one. She will park her car in it for 2 weeks max, the novelty will wear off and it will be just another room full off crap. Reading this thread I rest my case.

Common trend on here seems to be fill it up with motorbikes :laughing: , I’ve got 4 in mine and enough parts to supply Honda ! Of course I get the regular reminder that I’ve only got one backside :unamused:

Bet those welding rods need drying out, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Well mine has my MGB.GT In it but it is also packed with all sorts of stuff, I came across an old Redex Compresion tester the other day when I was looking for some welding rods plus lots of old tools, One of these days I must have a sort out, Regards Larry.

All them tools look shiny,brand new,and unused to me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Anon 1.

He’s been polishing them in between those bottles of expensive whisky!

kevmac47:

8LXBV8BRIAN:

hiya …i thought everyone has at least one vincent in the garage. maybe not
John