Further relaxation of EU Drivers’ Hours

The Department for Transport has introduced a temporary relaxation of the enforcement of the EU drivers’ hours rules in England, Scotland and Wales for the general haulage of goods in Great Britain.
The relaxation of the rules applies from 12:01am on 23 December 2020 until 11:59pm on 22 January 2021.
This relaxation reflects the unprecedented levels of strain on the industry as a result of Covid-19 outbreak, the French border closure at Dover and the end of the EU transition period.
The current situation is being kept under review, and the department reserves the right to withdraw or amend the relaxation if circumstances change.

Wow ! …That’ll do for me man. :sunglasses:
I can’t wait to get back to work to increase my driving hours and reduce my rest periods,.I’ve always said there’s a need for us to put even more hours in our job, we just don’t do enough.
I’ll need to make sure I don’t do it too soon, because it’s deemed unprofessional, irresponsible and dangerous and jumped on by the media if anybody does it, so I’ll wait to last minute to it suddenlly becomes 'Safe overnight, ’ and not as dangerous as they usually tell us, when they fine us heavily for going over.

So at least the public will be grateful, ’ and realise what an essential job we do, that’s more than enough for me, and if anybody calls me a naive ■■■■ mug for going along with it,.I’ll just tell them it’s for the good of our country.
Bring it on. :sunglasses:

Funny how when it looks like Tarquin won’t be able to get his Quinoa on Toast that they suddenly find the ability to increase the amount of hours we can work and drive, ignoring the limits they said we couldn’t exceed because it wasn’t safe.

Looks like Monday would be a good time to go on strike for better working conditions. :smiley:

Live to work or work to live ■■?
Good Grief
I even agree with RobRoy
No way this would happen in France

OwenMoney:
Good Grief
I even agree with RobRoy

So you agree with doing the extra hours then?
Good man, you know it makes sense. :sunglasses:

Bring it on.
Less rest
More hours
What’s not to like ?
Work to the next coffee Franglais buys is my motto.
Never ever.ever.live to work just work to live.

It’s because so many eastern European drivers have gone home this year.

Harry Monk:
It’s because so many eastern European drivers have gone home this year.

Not quite yet. :laughing:

I’m definitely going to be taking advantage of this temporary ruling on driver’s hours, as I feel my planners/boss and the general public will respect me even more than they already do. Plus I’ll get an extra few hours overtime. It’s a win-win [emoji106]

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Roverman:
. Plus I’ll get an extra few hours overtime. It’s a win-win [emoji106]

Aye me too,.I’ll make a fortune with my same rate right through overtime, who needs time and a half eh? …
80 odd hours? I’m on good money me. :sunglasses:

Daily driving limit stays the same and only 9 hours more driving allowed per fortnight.
DCPC and medical requirement not lifted for semi retired and new inexperienced drivers still not welcome.
Yeah right.
Obviously means a shortage of warehouse labourers. :bulb: :wink:

robroy:

Roverman:
. Plus I’ll get an extra few hours overtime. It’s a win-win [emoji106]

Aye me too,.I’ll make a fortune with my same rate right through overtime, who needs time and a half eh? …
80 odd hours? I’m on good money me. :sunglasses:

Rob , what’s that poking out yer cheek [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

I’m with Robroy and his tongue in cheek sarcasm :laughing:
Why work more for f-all more, aren’t we already burning the candle at both ends ?

But meanwhile, over here, where truck drivers are respected and recognised as a necessity,
the government has lifted, this weekends Sunday and bank hol restrictions,
to allow drivers that have been stuck in England the possibility of getting home.

pierrot 14:
Why work more for f-all more, aren’t we already burning the candle at both ends ?

But meanwhile, over here, where truck drivers are respected and recognised as a necessity,
to allow drivers that have been stuck in England the possibility of getting home.

Tbf pierrot it’s the least they could do, sounds like a pricking of conscience damage limitation excercise to me, after using these drivers as a political pawn to disrupt things in the UK and generally ■■■■ us off as a reaction to Brexit …and using Covid as a convenient excuse.
Typical bloody French. :unamused:

If you’re French yourself I apologise for the generalisation…(but you sound ok for a Frenchman :laughing: )

pierrot 14:

‘Over there’ you mean the same EU that has brought us the joys of the 15 hour shift and third country EE operations meaning less jobs for Brits or French drivers and the lifting of cabotage regs next meaning even less jobs. :unamused:

As for stuck in England yes used as pawns to force the continuation of the French fishing fleet robbing the Brit fishing industry of what is rightfully ours.
In the knowledge that the Europhile Tories will give them what they want after putting on a good show.

robroy:
Tbf pierrot it’s the least they could do, sounds like a pricking of conscience damage limitation excercise to me, after using these drivers as a political pawn to disrupt things in the UK and generally ■■■■ us off as a reaction to Brexit …and using Covid as a convenient excuse.

You can bet that this whole Trojan Horse was a joint enterprise between Macron and his Europhile Tory mates to provide the pretext for the foregone BRINO stitch up.

robroy:

pierrot 14:

If you’re French yourself I apologise for the generalisation…(but you sound ok for a Frenchman :laughing: )

Merci Robert :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

De rien mon ami
Joyeux Noel. :smiley:

I also know how to ask for a large beer and a ham sandwich…and what time the ferry leaves. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

If you’re French yourself I apologise for the generalisation…(but you sound ok for a Frenchman :laughing: ) quote robroy…

gotta agree with you there mate. pierrot 14 ia one of my fave posters, gives a lot of good info on the euro thread and talks a lot of sense…

bon soirre le frog… :wink: