Fuel theft question

following on from the ■■■■■ thread on here. has anyone woken up yet to find the cap off the addblue tank and its been drained ?.

would love to see the ■■■■■■ face with a gob full of sheep ■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . or even better putting in in his ■■■■■■ van :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In my time in the police i have spoken to a few lorry drivers about security etc. With fuel theft, you can do your best to prevent them from getting in but it will only cost you damage and fuel. My tip is to leave it unlocked if you know you are in an area full of crime so this will prevent it from being badly damaged but saying that the gits arn’t that bright are they :laughing: :laughing:

mickyblue:
In my time in the police i have spoken to a few lorry drivers about security etc. With fuel theft, you can do your best to prevent them from getting in but it will only cost you damage and fuel. My tip is to leave it unlocked if you know you are in an area full of crime so this will prevent it from being badly damaged but saying that the gits arn’t that bright are they :laughing: :laughing:

that has really made me laugh should i leave my front door unlocked because i live in a rough area so the theiving scum bags can rob my house so they dont smash my window or kick my door off, im sorry mate but is that what it has really come to when a member of the police force is telling you to let them rob you forgive me if im wrong but dont you get paid to catch these tossers and prevent crime. But then again if a driver did phone you to report it the ■■■■■ would of gone back to his caravan picked it up and moved from bristol upto manchester by the time you lot answered the bloody phone. Is it any wonder there is such a lack of respect for the police force when you get advice like this. Maybe the police should spend more time fighting crime instead of sitting in lay by with a radar catching the drivers that pay your bloody wages not that im saying speeding is ok by the way but hey suppose sum one has to pay for the xmas party

I worked with a bloke once who never used to lock his car when he parked up somewhere dodgy, his philosophy was that if they’re going to nick his radio then at least he won’t have a broken window too, I thought it was a good idea, that way they’d nick his easy to steal radio & leave mine alone :open_mouth: :laughing:

Only been done the once.
They stuck a metal stake into the ally tank ( I sleep really heavy), since then the boss has taken the anti-syphon and locking fuel cap off the lorry, as he reckons the fuel they nicked was worth less than getting the tank repaired.
Cops were really helpful, but reckoned they had no chance of catching the gits that did it.

Owen

Big Brummie Macca:
but hey suppose sum one has to pay for the xmas party

Which reminds me, I wonder if anyone is due to stand a round at the TN doo, for getting a speeding ticket ?

mickyblue:

Typical UK police attitude- take the easy option rather than do their bloody job,ie Police the truck theft
hotspots. Instead of this they put responsibility on to the drivers by putting trailers in lay bys with warning signs on, I parked one night at the ind est opposite Ferrybridge services; woke up to a parking ticket under my wiper for “parking with no lights” (even though the estate was lit up like daylight.) I later found out there had been a spate of theft there,this was their way of dealing with the problem, at the same time raise a bit of revenue. Surely it would have been better to have either raised the police presence profile,or stake out the area and actually catch the bar stewards in the act :exclamation: , but as I said take the easy option penalize the drivers.

mickyblue:

Typical police attitude. You don’t deserve your wages mate, you’re a disgrace.

Last time I checked, the fuel in my tank was just that mine. Its bought and paid for and if someone nicks it then thats theft, which is illegal. I know its not speeding or putting an arm round some 14year-old, sub-normal chav scumbag but its a crime and it wants bloody investigating.

The current advertising campaign where the couple make sure everything in their houses is on display for potential theives is supposed to be ironic. Its not a training video for you muppets!

Now i could be wrong, but how i read it, Mickeyblue WAS in the Police, but no longer is. So its no good having a go at him.
Where my dad used to work, they had ■■■■■■ go and take the diesel every so often. He never locked his tank and when they took it he would just go and fill up again.
The people who locked the tank had to go fill up and get another fuel cap.
Didnt matter if it was locked or unlocked. The [zb] would still get it.

JoeG:
Now i could be wrong, but how i read it, Mickeyblue WAS in the Police, but no longer is. So its no good having a go at him.
Where my dad used to work, they had ■■■■■■ go and take the diesel every so often. He never locked his tank and when they took it he would just go and fill up again.

He is a plastic pig atm getting his stripes later this year, god help the country :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

when i’m in a dodgy area i sleep with a very large knife and a scaffolding bar. (i’m a very light sleeper).
now, who the [zb] has warned them?
i never get any trouble and it’s really annoying.

garnerlives:

JoeG:

He is a plastic pig atm getting his stripes later this year, god help the country :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

I do appologise then. Carry on

:wink: :laughing:

my boss told me never lock the fuel cap on the tank cause if you do they will just do more damage to get at the fuel, best deterrent is park with little fuel in tank and fuel up next morning when you on your way

scotstrucker:
my boss told me never lock the fuel cap on the tank cause if you do they will just do more damage to get at the fuel, best deterrent is park with little fuel in tank and fuel up next morning when you on your way

Very sensible.

I’m sure what Mickey was trying to say was:

If its not locked, they will nick the diesel.

If it is locked they will either break off the locking cap or punch a hole in the tank & then nick the diesel.

Upto you!

anti siphon only keeps out an honest theif, if they want it they will get it no matter what you do

r slicker:
following on from the ■■■■■ thread on here. has anyone woken up yet to find the cap off the addblue tank and its been drained ?.

would love to see the ■■■■■■ face with a gob full of sheep ■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . or even better putting in in his ■■■■■■ van :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That takes me back to my days as a P/T recovery driver. One day I had to recover this bloke who was a foreman on a building site. We fell to nattering as you do, came round a bend and saw some ■■■■■■ camped up on a bit of rough (getting rougher by the minute) ground, que change of subject. This bloke seriously disliked ■■■■■■, you name it he’d had it nicked off his site. The only light relief he had was when they nicked a 45 gallon drum of shutter release oil (looks and smells like diesel), andd every ■■■■■ he saw for the next fortnight had his head stuck under a Transit bonnet :laughing: :laughing:

scotstrucker:
my boss told me never lock the fuel cap on the tank cause if you do they will just do more damage to get at the fuel,

Yep, like they say, what key can open any lock?

A Pi-key.

Harry Monk:

scotstrucker:
my boss told me never lock the fuel cap on the tank cause if you do they will just do more damage to get at the fuel,

Yep, like they say, what key can open any lock?

LMFAO Quality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A Pi-key.

hammer:

mickyblue:

Typical police attitude. You don’t deserve your wages mate, you’re a disgrace.

Last time I checked, the fuel in my tank was just that mine. Its bought and paid for and if someone nicks it then thats theft, which is illegal. I know its not speeding or putting an arm round some 14year-old, sub-normal chav scumbag but its a crime and it wants bloody investigating.

The current advertising campaign where the couple make sure everything in their houses is on display for potential theives is supposed to be ironic. Its not a training video for you muppets!

thats the thing though hammer.fuel theft is a long way down the list of police matters to deal with(probably unlike 30 or so years ago,where it would have got the attention it deserved).and that im afraid is why i feel let down by the whole police/judicial system in this country,and the dissappointing attitude displayed by mickeyblue.its the “pah,its just someone whose nicked diesel,doesnt matter attitude”,which is why some in society and the up and coming scrotebags of today believe its a “misdemeanour” to pinch diesel.
like you say,it is illegal,and should be treated with the FULL FORCE of the law,and not brushed under the carpet.maybe then starting at the bottom and working up,may produce a safer,fairer society,or i fear in another 30 years murder will be treated as a shrug of the shoulders.
mickeyblue,not having a go at you here,but do you think that instead of offering tips to leave your cap unlocked,the police should,as has been suggested,do the job they are paid to do,and uphold law and order WITHOUT exception?.

you call the police and report that your fuel been stolen the reply you will get is who are you, how much did they take and heres your crime refrence number goodbye click.