Fuel theft question

Bet if the fuel was to dissapear from the police car they’d soon catch em :smiley: :laughing:

even insurance firms wont cover fuel theft

garnerlives:

JoeG:
Now i could be wrong, but how i read it, Mickeyblue WAS in the Police, but no longer is. So its no good having a go at him.

He is a plastic pig atm getting his stripes later this year, god help the country :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

hope his bosses don’t read his posts , some of them are not good for public relations :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I can see the logic of “if you don’t lock it they’ll only steal the fuel, if you lock it they’ll break it and then steal the fuel” but if I was a fuel stealing ■■■■■ I would go along the line of lorries in the layby, bypassing any that had locks and turn over one that wasn’t locked. I would only resort to a potentially noisy forced entry if every lorry had locked caps and anti-syphon devices.

never had fuel nicked from my own personal lorry tank…mainly as its behind the side skirts which also go under the tank…But i did have a bit of fuel nicked from the space heater tank,which is a seperate 10 litre tank and has gas oil in it(red diesel)this tank sits on the back of my cab so is a bit more visable…Btw this is my own personal lorry .I have has diesel nicked from company vehicles and even caught one little bloke one night needless to say he didnt get any more diesel that night… :smiling_imp:

if they cant get in the top they will go in the bottom, little trolley jack adapted with a spike, they aint worried about the pollation and the clean up bill afterwards

Big Brummie Macca:

mickyblue:
In my time in the police i have spoken to a few lorry drivers about security etc. With fuel theft, you can do your best to prevent them from getting in but it will only cost you damage and fuel. My tip is to leave it unlocked if you know you are in an area full of crime so this will prevent it from being badly damaged but saying that the gits arn’t that bright are they :laughing: :laughing:

that has really made me laugh should i leave my front door unlocked because i live in a rough area so the theiving scum bags can rob my house so they dont smash my window or kick my door off, im sorry mate but is that what it has really come to when a member of the police force is telling you to let them rob you forgive me if im wrong but dont you get paid to catch these tossers and prevent crime. But then again if a driver did phone you to report it the ■■■■■ would of gone back to his caravan picked it up and moved from bristol upto manchester by the time you lot answered the bloody phone. Is it any wonder there is such a lack of respect for the police force when you get advice like this. Maybe the police should spend more time fighting crime instead of sitting in lay by with a radar catching the drivers that pay your bloody wages not that im saying speeding is ok by the way but hey suppose sum one has to pay for the xmas party

Great post Macca

mickyblue:
In my time in the police i have spoken to a few lorry drivers about security etc. With fuel theft, you can do your best to prevent them from getting in but it will only cost you damage and fuel. My tip is to leave it unlocked if you know you are in an area full of crime so this will prevent it from being badly damaged but saying that the gits arn’t that bright are they :laughing: :laughing:

Not the only ones are they :unamused: :open_mouth:

God only knows what sort of advice we’ll get when he actually joins up

Its all well and good having a go at Mickeyblue but you all seem to forget…

Its not the individual officers, but the system that is at fault.

If the police “force” say fuel crime is not a priority, then the police “officer” has to follow those instructions. If not “he” (or she :smiley: ) gets into trouble.

In the same way as if the boss tells you to go to morrisons and you think sod that, I’m delivering to tesco

hammer:

mickyblue:

Typical police attitude. You don’t deserve your wages mate, you’re a disgrace.

Last time I checked, the fuel in my tank was just that mine. Its bought and paid for and if someone nicks it then thats theft, which is illegal. I know its not speeding or putting an arm round some 14year-old, sub-normal chav scumbag but its a crime and it wants bloody investigating.

The current advertising campaign where the couple make sure everything in their houses is on display for potential theives is supposed to be ironic. Its not a training video for you muppets!

:laughing: :laughing: fair enough then

All crimes get looked into etc, for your infomation.

Big Brummie Macca:

mickyblue:

that has really made me laugh should i leave my front door unlocked because i live in a rough area so the theiving scum bags can rob my house so they dont smash my window or kick my door off, im sorry mate but is that what it has really come to when a member of the police force is telling you to let them rob you forgive me if im wrong but dont you get paid to catch these tossers and prevent crime. But then again if a driver did phone you to report it the ■■■■■ would of gone back to his caravan picked it up and moved from bristol upto manchester by the time you lot answered the bloody phone. Is it any wonder there is such a lack of respect for the police force when you get advice like this. Maybe the police should spend more time fighting crime instead of sitting in lay by with a radar catching the drivers that pay your bloody wages not that im saying speeding is ok by the way but hey suppose sum one has to pay for the xmas party

I like to add that a house burglary is another subject and stoping a speeder can lead to all sorts ie, a wanted person behind a wheel who done a big bank job or an uninsured driver who may hit your lorry or your car and guess who pays■■? YOU!!! not the scum that is driving it

Semtex:

If the police “force” say fuel crime is not a priority, then the police “officer” has to follow those instructions. If not “he” (or she :smiley: ) gets into trouble.

In the same way as if the boss tells you to go to Morrison’s and you think sod that, I’m delivering to tesco

Thank you semtex, everyone has jumped on the bandwagon so fast they forgot to put there seat belt on!!! means a £60 for each of you :laughing: :laughing:

Theres no point in explaining what i am on about because people won’t get it and it is true what semtex said “its the system that is at fault”, and i agree

by the way when i hear “i pay your wages” well guess what, that means i am self employed then :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

JoeG:
Now i could be wrong, but how i read it, Mickeyblue WAS in the Police, but no longer is. So its no good having a go at him.
Where my dad used to work, they had ■■■■■■ go and take the diesel every so often. He never locked his tank and when they took it he would just go and fill up again.
The people who locked the tank had to go fill up and get another fuel cap.
Didnt matter if it was locked or unlocked. The [zb] would still get it.

newmercman:
I worked with a bloke once who never used to lock his car when he parked up somewhere dodgy, his philosophy was that if they’re going to nick his radio then at least he won’t have a broken window too, I thought it was a good idea, that way they’d nick his easy to steal radio & leave mine alone :open_mouth: :laughing:

There you go two examples of what i mean

robroy:

mickyblue:

Typical UK police attitude- take the easy option rather than do their bloody job,ie Police the truck theft
hot spots. Instead of this they put responsibility on to the drivers by putting trailers in lay bys with warning signs on, I parked one night at the ind est opposite Ferrybridge services; woke up to a parking ticket under my wiper for “parking with no lights” (even though the estate was lit up like daylight.) I later found out there had been a spate of theft there,this was their way of dealing with the problem, at the same time raise a bit of revenue. Surely it would have been better to have either raised the police presence profile,or stake out the area and actually catch the bar stewards in the act :exclamation: , but as I said take the easy option penalize the drivers.

They do police hotspots where Lorry’s are targeted and i know that for a fact but is there enough officers to leave in a lay by■■? nah there ain’t due to lack of funding by the govt

mickyblue:

JoeG:
Where my dad used to work, they had ■■■■■■ go and take the diesel every so often. He never locked his tank and when they took it he would just go and fill up again.
The people who locked the tank had to go fill up and get another fuel cap.
Didnt matter if it was locked or unlocked. The [zb] would still get it.

newmercman:
I worked with a bloke once who never used to lock his car when he parked up somewhere dodgy, his philosophy was that if they’re going to nick his radio then at least he won’t have a broken window too, I thought it was a good idea, that way they’d nick his easy to steal radio & leave mine alone :open_mouth: :laughing:

There you go two examples of what i mean

robroy:

mickyblue:

Typical UK police attitude- take the easy option rather than do their bloody job,ie Police the truck theft
hot spots. Instead of this they put responsibility on to the drivers by putting trailers in lay bys with warning signs on, I parked one night at the ind est opposite Ferrybridge services; woke up to a parking ticket under my wiper for “parking with no lights” (even though the estate was lit up like daylight.) I later found out there had been a spate of theft there,this was their way of dealing with the problem, at the same time raise a bit of revenue. Surely it would have been better to have either raised the police presence profile,or stake out the area and actually catch the bar stewards in the act :exclamation: , but as I said take the easy option penalize the drivers.

They do police hotspots where Lorry’s are targeted and i know that for a fact but is there enough officers to leave in a lay by■■? nah there ain’t due to lack of funding by the govt

Point taken mate,but how come there are always “enough officers” for duties where revenue is raised,such as mobile Speed (oops sorry) “Road Safety” cameras, roadside HGV checks(counted 12 one day at Scotch Corner) or am I just being cynical.

i know what you mean but all forces have different number of officers to what other forces have and some are well staffed, it gets to me when i hear that there is only 7 police officers on response only covering a city, which in a way is bad due to calls for service but it swings around abouts though.

Speed cameras in my view cause crashes because you always get a dipstick that slams his brakes or do things to prevent getting a ticket but in some ways it reduces accidents on roads but there only put up by the locals that live near by who complain

i’ve got an idea. here’s what to say to the police.

999, ring, ring.

police “hello, it’s the pigs”
me “hello, i’ve had 2000 litres of fuel stolen from my belly tank”
police “ok, here’s your crime reference number,987654321.”
me “arn’t you going to find them?”
police " well we are limited to what we can do."
me “oh, come on, it’s easy.”
police “how is it easy, all diesel looks the same.”
me “mine dosn’t, it’s red.”

2 minutes later, police, vosa, and customs are with you.

LMFAO phill

mickyblue:

Semtex:

In the same way as if the boss tells you to go to Morrison’s and you think sod that, I’m delivering to tesco

Thank you semtex, everyone has jumped on the bandwagon so fast they forgot to put there seat belt on!!! means a £60 for each of you :laughing: :laughing:

Theres no point in explaining what i am on about because people won’t get it and it is true what semtex said “its the system that is at fault”, and i agree

by the way when i hear “i pay your wages” well guess what, that means i am self employed then :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

you are defiantly not self employed people who are self employed work for there money ask the owner drivers not just go around giving stupid advice to drivers, and i would also like to say that to many drivers a truck is his home as they spend more time in it. Your attitude really annoys me the price of diesel is a rip off, then someone nicks it then when you report it you get nothing so people take matters into there own hands and get nicked for it you lot are all about easy arrests well how about this then CCTV cameras are every where know a days so why dont they put some on the lay bys and people can watch these cameras just like they do in city centres i agree that it is the system at fault but you lot are representing the system and with advice like that is it any wonder that respect and trust in the police force has gone we don’t hear the policies we hear the advice given by you we hear more and more lorry theft we hear more stabbings more muggings and see nothing. Maybe Im complaning to the wrong person but with posts like that what do you expect maybe you should of given the policy views and your personal views the abuse would not of been aimed at you.

JUST A HAPPY POST HERE; :laughing: my mate had fuel nicked
from his lorry tank, do hope that they enjoyed themselves cleaning
out there tank and system etc as he runs on RÄP.s ÖL (COLZA- oil)
BET THEY HAD FUN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:

I never lock mine . If the want the fuel thy can have it . better than puting a hole in my aly tanks .