Fuel Strike *UPDATE*

BBCBreaking. Unite union rules out strike action by tanker drivers in UK over Easter to focus on talks. Details soon bbc.in/GXoHlZ

Anything to do with time and a half over the bank hols? :open_mouth:

Well, its happened. It was only a matter of time before some moron got burned.

She tried decanting petrol from one one can into another. In the kitchen. While the stove was on. Bang.

Thats the trouble with all this health n safety, it allows idiots to survive and breed more idiots. The whole process of natural selection has been skewed, where the mentally feeble prosper.

@tiger
Eh!

How do you come to that conclusion?

There’s nothing in that report to indicate the Unions decision to postpone the threatened strike action.
I see plenty of “Waffle” from government spokesmen and “Retailers” reps. But nothing from the Union.

Solly:
@tiger
Eh!

How do you come to that conclusion?

There’s nothing in that report to indicate the Unions decision to postpone the threatened strike action.
I see plenty of “Waffle” from government spokesmen and “Retailers” reps. But nothing from the Union.

From the BBC report: Strike action over Easter by fuel tanker drivers has been ruled out by the Unite union.

Temporary relaxation of the enforcement of drivers’ hours and working time rules: distribution of petrol and diesel bit.ly/HoyVv4

tiger65:
Temporary relaxation of the enforcement of drivers’ hours and working time rules: distribution of petrol and diesel bit.ly/HoyVv4

Hmmmm as if it gonna happen when the tanker drivers are moaning about working a few extra hours as it is

tiger65:
BBCBreaking. Unite union rules out strike action by tanker drivers in UK over Easter to focus on talks. Details soon bbc.in/GXoHlZ

Where does it indicate the above conclusion?

Oh I see… It’s a cheap shot at the Tanker Drivers Union/Drivers. A nasty and ill thought out dig at those who are trying to better themselves and ironically through the knock on affect…yourselves.Nothing at all to do with the article…ffs.:unamused:

The employers can have a bit of fun with that now.

Employer to tanker driver: now that the rules have been relaxed a little, you can do this second run for me.

Tanker driver: nah don’t want to do that

Employer: but it is a reasonable request. Needs of the business. OK, this time I won’t make you do it, but expect me to make this reasonable request again tomorrw

Employer following day: now that the rules have been relaxed a little, you can do this second run for me.

Employer: This is now the second time you’re refusing a reasonable request. Disciplinary hearing tomorrow!

Solly:

tiger65:

Where does it indicate the above conclusion?

Oh I see… It’s a cheap shot at the Tanker Drivers Union/Drivers. A nasty and ill thought out dig at those who are trying to better themselves and ironically through the knock on affect…yourselves.Nothing at all to do with the article…ffs.:unamused:

A little bit of irony seems to get lost in translation. Just a personal opinion (we are allowed those on here aren’t we?) that’s all, no need to get angry folks. :smiley:

OK. It’s like this then is it.

1. Possible strike action from drivers delivering fuel across country over pay and conditions

2. Govt says ‘dont panic but keep your tanks full’

3. Panic buying across country, fuel stations emptied overnight rather than in a week or so.

4. More overtime for the affected drivers to supply more fuel for panic buyers

5. Unions state no strike will happen over easter

6. FTA relax enforcement of hours due to panic buying

So when all this panic buying is over, people have wasted all that time and money (and fuel) queueing, towards the end of the month it’ll start all over again when they do go out on strike. However, in the mean time the military have shuffled things around and may already have built up the emergency reserves at other places that may not have even considered such things.

All in all, clearly the govt have managed this crisis well. NOT.

interlog:

Employer to tanker driver: now that the rules have been relaxed a little, you can do this second run for me.

Employer: but it is a reasonable request. Needs of the business. OK, this time I won’t make you do it, but expect me to make this reasonable request again tomorrw

Employer following day: now that the rules have been relaxed a little, you can do this second run for me.

Employer: This is now the second time you’re refusing a reasonable request. Disciplinary hearing tomorrow!

:laughing: Funny as (zb).
It loses it’s humour when you use the word “Request”. If you read through it carefully, The “Employer” hasn’t made a “Request” of the “Driver” has he? Even if he had the driver has the option to refuse…hasn’t he?
But I take on board how employers conduct themselves and it aint good for industrial relationships. :wink:

tiger65:
A little bit of irony seems to get lost in translation. Just a personal opinion (we are allowed those on here aren’t we?) that’s all, no need to get angry folks. :smiley:

You’re right of course…but it just goes to show how a “Translation” can cause disputes. :wink:

Solly:

interlog:

:laughing: Funny as (zb).
It loses it’s humour when you use the word “Request”. If you read through it carefully, The “Employer” hasn’t made a “Request” of the “Driver” has he? Even if he had the driver has the option to refuse…hasn’t he?
But I take on board how employers conduct themselves and it aint good for industrial relationships. :wink:

You never had the ‘reasonable request’ one thrown at you before? :open_mouth:
I always used to get it, along with the look of ‘don’t do this for me then I’ll make you suffer!’
I’m very surpised if you haven’t or I’ve been working for ■■■■■ for years :exclamation:

Solly:

Of course he can refuse. But only so many times until it is then justified to dismiss him without any recourse at the Tribunal.

And relationships work two ways. If you make it clear you are prepared to strike, then be not surprised if an employer will not just roll over to your demands.

Solly:

tiger65:

You’re right of course…but it just goes to show how a “Translation” can cause disputes. :wink:

Fair point and no malice intended. :laughing:

I did read somewhere that one day of panic buying netted the government an extra ÂŁ34,000,000 in various duties and taxes on fuel, could have been a ploy to balance the books by the chancellor :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

Martin:
I did read somewhere that one day of panic buying netted the government an extra ÂŁ34,000,000 in various duties and taxes on fuel, could have been a ploy to balance the books by the chancellor :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

Now who’s being a little cynical. Watch out the “powers that be” will open a file on you, making commets like that. Didn’t you realise we are living in an elected dictatorship? :unamused:

tiger65:

Solly:

tiger65:

Fair point and no malice intended. :laughing:

None taken mate. :smiley:

streaky:

Solly:

interlog:
And relationships work two ways. If you make it clear you are prepared to strike, then be not surprised if an employer will not just roll over to your demands.

Agreed. Relationships work both ways…but not when you are dealing with dictators as in your example

streaky:

Solly:

interlog:
You never had the ‘reasonable request’ one thrown at you before? :open_mouth:
I always used to get it, along with the look of ‘don’t do this for me then I’ll make you suffer!’
I’m very surpised if you haven’t or I’ve been working for [zb] for years :exclamation:

Yeah the “Reasonable request” is a humdinger. Although to be honest I was in haulage at a time when TM’s were quite human and new the limitation of their “Requests” and what to expect from hard working drivers who took no (zb) from anyone. And the drivers had recourse to a fair hearing.
Thatcher put paid to that justice at the demands of her “Employers” and “Political Financiers”…CBI, Major shareholders of Corporations etc.
Yes I’ve experienced those “Requests” and TM “Looks of threat” but I was taught the trade by some hardened drivers who always maintained that in reply to such demands…tell the TM that " I don’t have to work for you". That seemed to take the officious wind out of their sails. :laughing:

interlog:

Turn traffic news on and stay in longest queue to run out of Time.
dont think they will ask you again

Martin:

Yes an extra 34 mill in before the end of the financial year does make you wonder !