Fuel protest..

scanny77:

Paul Hoggard:

scanny77:

fuse:
protest for a big drive and duty hours cut with no loss of earnings .

as much as i would like to see that, who would pay for it? hauliers are going bust all over the place. they cant afford to pay us any more at the moment. i actually feel sorry for them. all we have to worry about is doing the job and how much went in the bank afterwards. they are the ones who are trying to figure out where the money is coming from to put in our banks. poor sods

Scanny77, are you some kind of wind-up merchant? Surely you don’t believe what you’ve just written above? If so, you’re the one I feel sorry for. :open_mouth:

open your eyes and look around

the big companies are a bit different. they have international depots making more money than in the uk so they can make their money that way. the domestic hauliers dont have that income though

I think you’re the one that needs to open your eyes. How many haulage company bosses have you seen driving around in 1988 1 litre Fiat Panda’s, Fiesta’s, Corsa’s etc? Er… ? None. Because the 57 plate Range Rover 4.6 HSE with the £10k private plate is theirs, that’s why. :unamused:

You bring a whole new meaning to the word ‘naive’.

scanny77:
open your eyes and look around

the big companies are a bit different. they have international depots making more money than in the uk so they can make their money that way. the domestic hauliers dont have that income though

So you are saying that every “Big” company with international depots is operating there UK depots as a loss leader then. Subsidised by international profits just to operate here :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: In the very rare instance I could understand this for key cotracts but as a whole somehow I doubt it.
Can you not recall that,in the past, several global companies have previously pulled out of the UK market due to it’s unprofitability. :unamused:

Who do you suppose will pay for this drop in fuel prices then Richie ■■
Fuel is of course very expensive in the UK due to a high level of taxation BUT most things are. Drop the tax on fuel and they will raise it on other things making us no better off. :unamused:

as i already pointed out, raise it on fuel and that will have a knock on effect due to transport cost anyway meaning goods cost more from the supplier then MORE tax is made from the higher prices that we end up paying so what difference will it make? we are paying more as it currently stands. i would rather pay more for luxuries than essentials if thats what it comes down to, and it does!

international operators pulling out of the uk due to costs proves my point doesnt it :unamused:

scanny77:
as i already pointed out, raise it on fuel and that will have a knock on effect due to transport cost anyway meaning goods cost more from the supplier then MORE tax is made from the higher prices that we end up paying so what difference will it make? we are paying more as it currently stands. i would rather pay more for luxuries than essentials if thats what it comes down to, and it does!

So if we ONLY tax LUXURIES then Scanny and people only buy ESSENTIALS where does that missing revenue come from ■■?

You really are peeing in the wind here with little to no grasp of the simplist theories of societies economics. Why don’t you ask at work if Iceland have a depot in UTOPIA and get a job there pal :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
You can shout at this ,post about that and generally crusade your little heart out but for the love of god do some ■■■■ research first :unamused: :unamused:

international operators pulling out of the uk due to costs proves my point doesnt it :unamused:

Well it would IF 2 of them that come to mind hadn’t recently re-entered the marketplace :wink:

montana man:
Why don’t you ask at work if Iceland have a depot in UTOPIA

Is that anywhere near Boloxnia? :wink:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:
Why don’t you ask at work if Iceland have a depot in UTOPIA

Is that anywhere near Boloxnia? :wink:

It’s one of the major Boloxnian metroplolis’s I believe :laughing: :laughing:

Fuel Protest like those in 2000 won’t work this time.
Last time the Government were caught on the hop, they didn’t even seem to realise that anything was heppening until the protest moved into the London area. :confused:
But this time they have new laws, bought in under the so called Anti Terrorist legislation and backed by those great media organisations like the SUN.

If you block roads and fuel depots this time, then every effort will be made to smash the blockades and hauliers taking part will come gaze of the law.

Any protest this time will have to be more subtile, sadly the most effective protest is to get all the trucks parked up for a week, which seems a tad unlikely.

But if you can come up with a way of protesting that might be effective I’ll be right behind you.

montana man:
So if we ONLY tax LUXURIES then Scanny and people only buy ESSENTIALS where does that missing revenue come from ■■?

would you care to explain what missing revenue you are referring to? its EXTRA revenue, they havent lost any, they are adding more to the pile they are already wasting.
what is your ‘researched’ proposal anyway? or are you happy to bend over and take it?

scanny77:
as i already pointed out, raise it on fuel and that will have a knock on effect due to transport cost anyway meaning goods cost more from the supplier then MORE tax is made from the higher prices that we end up paying so what difference will it make?

So what you are saying is the Transport companies will pass on the extra costs to the person they are hauling for… and by doing so, have a larger turnover resulting in the books looking better and will in turn then be able to afford to give us drivers a rise.

scanny77:
would you care to explain what missing revenue you are referring to? its EXTRA revenue, they havent lost any, they are adding more to the pile they are already wasting.

Tax revenue needs to be raised. You suggest only taxing luxury items not essentials so thus there would be a shortfall.
Tax is raised at a percentage of the value of an item Scanny :wink: As said earlier, crude has doubled in the last couple of years however fuel prices have NOT :unamused:
As for it being wasted then that is an entirely different issue isn’t it.If the money was apportioned and spent better taxes could be lower :wink: That can be solved by intelligent use of your democratic right to vote. However in your defense I do think democracy doesn’t work because it gives stupid people an equal voice :wink:

what is your ‘researched’ proposal anyway?

I was refering to research, both present and historical on the subject you claim to be representing :unamused:

or are you happy to bend over and take it?

Not at all Scanny. I do OK and have a good standard of living in the UK and always have done regardless of government and taxation :wink: I aint Donald Trump but I am happy and wealthy enough :smiley:
Then again I have an empty house on the other side of the atlantic and Fuel is about 2 quid a gallon at the moment so I have options, despite being born and raised in this over taxed and unfair country and working in transport all my life :wink:

Oh just realised do you count extra houses and cars as luxuries as I really would be [zb]ed off at paying tax on them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

montana man:
Tax revenue needs to be raised. You suggest only taxing luxury items not essentials so thus there would be a shortfall.

you must have misinterpreted my post. i am not saying ONLY tax luxury item, i am suggesting taxing them higher to offset reducing tax on essential items (such as fuel) in order to reduce the burden on the lower paid who are struggling to make ends meet as things stand now. i know they are proposing something or other with regards to council tax and income tax along these lines but will that make any difference to those who are lower paid? for a figure, my council tax is reduced by £200 for the year and thats all that changes. without doing any calculations whatsoever, i reckon that 2p off every item of food in the shops would equate to far more than £200. i know which way i would rather go.

Muckles, couldnt agree more. if they all went with what that farmer said the other day and began blockading tomorrow, i wouldnt support them. i dont think blockades are the answer this time.

Jimti, that would be nice but its not gonna happen. as it stands the profit margins are obviously being squeezed and when it was 2% some time ago, it cant be much now. assuming of course it isnt below 0% yet

if the hours were cut it would also apply to foreign truck drivers as i have said they give us rules lets make them realy better for us

fuse:
if the hours were cut it would also apply to foreign truck drivers as i have said they give us rules lets make them realy better for us

unfortunately rather a large percentage of them dont bother following the rules. or have roadworthy trucks. or have a vehicle within the plated weight. one of the trade mags had an article on this very recently giving percentages from each country etc. i didnt keep it though. i wish i had now, this subject is becoming a bit more frequent

…Mark my words it is theInternet that will bring this industry to its knees next time…

…people think that truckers do not have enough backbone to stick together…well they do!

…year by year we get younger, and we all use the web, and sites like this, we will all start tolisten soon. People dismiss sites like this, but if u dismiss the internet generation, and then try and communcate TO THE INTERNET generation then things will happen!

the fuel protest did work last time the gov had to listen road tax cut fuel escelater ditched .we now need to play them at their own game as i have said before the have brought in complex work hours , lets face it trucknet and the mags are bombarded with questions, can i do this can i do that they are dificult to understand no matter what you do some smart arse will come back and say no . poa should count as work you are there if your ther it should count.
the drive and duty hours should total no more than nine a day four days a week night outs to be spent in a hotel or travel lodge sleeper cabs one night a week in emergancys only by i could go on and we still would not have the conditions of a lot of workers

scanny77:
. i am not saying ONLY tax luxury item, i am suggesting taxing them higher to offset reducing tax on essential items (such as fuel) in order to reduce the burden on the lower paid who are struggling to make ends meet as things stand now.

Could you give me a viable example of this ■■
A 2p a litre tax cut would equate to a huge loss of revenue.
Where would YOU suggest making this up ■■ 10000% tax on Rolls Royces :unamused:

What is essential to one person is not to another. I am struggling to come up with a product or service that could be over taxed to compensate for the missing billions. It would have to realisticaly be something a lot of people buy to create enough revenue. However that I suspect would make it by definition a necessity :wink:

Unless of course you are advocating hammering the rich comrade?? Who would solve this by moving themselves and there business and thus economic contribution elsewhere :unamused:

i know they are proposing something or other with regards to council tax and income tax

which again is a different argument to fuel duty :unamused:

Gaz:
…Mark my words it is theInternet that will bring this industry to its knees next time…

…people think that truckers do not have enough backbone to stick together…well they do!

…year by year we get younger, and we all use the web, and sites like this, we will all start tolisten soon. People dismiss sites like this, but if u dismiss the internet generation, and then try and communcate TO THE INTERNET generation then things will happen!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutley, here here :laughing: All these opinions posted pseudo anonomousley by “nicknames” will one day rule the world especially if we combine with all the revolving drivers, ferry restaurant politicians and the MMTM party

montana man:
A 2p a litre tax cut would equate to a huge loss of revenue.

rubbish!
it would mean they would not make any more revenue, not lose it. its like me taking a day off. its not costing me a days pay, i just dont earn a days pay ie i dont make MORE than i have now.

the context in which i brought up income/council tax is perfectly related to this thread. it is not a different discussion at all :unamused: :unamused:

i work for a living so i couldnt really name any viable luxury items due solely to the fact that i will never own any of them (wouldnt want to own some of them) so i wouldnt know about them

It will happen, i may hide under any name, call me Gaz on here if u like…

…or call me Gareth John Bell, Truck driver extroidannaire, industry activist, social revolutionist, welfare agent… I AINT SHY, CALL ME WHAT U WANT!

Bryn Jones (Or Williams, whoever he was) managed it without this marvel that is the web, watch out Mr Brown, WE MAY JUST SOON COME FOR YOU!!!

… tuppence a litre will be the last of his worries!