Fuel protest stanlow oil refinery

Hello all

would just like to make you aware about a protest stanlow oil refinery ellesmere port chester jan 28th 2011

facebook.com/home.php#!/even … 5698638261

all local media have done interviews and pieces , granada reports have done a piece and daybreak tv would like to interview people next week,if any fleet owners or drivers could please help out,or would like to be interviewed it would be most welcome
please if you can help out p.m me thank you

kev

who is protesting?

peed off drivers !

Wont get anywhere unfortunatly, but good luck to them.

Alcpone:

with many more taking the above attitude no we wont get anywhere but bet you will be the first too complain when 7 quid a gallon good ole british spirit glad you wasnt at dunkirk

topmixer11:

Alcpone:

with many more taking the above attitude no we wont get anywhere but bet you will be the first too complain when 7 quid a gallon good ole british spirit glad you wasnt at dunkirk

So we’ll see you there then topmixer11, yes?

topmixer11:

Alcpone:

I think I’m even less bothered than Alcpone but will that be okay if I promise not to complain about the £7 gallon? :wink:

I honestly have no idea what petrol costs, last time I noticed when I was filling the car it was about £1.11, I assume it has gone up a bit since then?

topmixer11:

Alcpone:

Were you at Dunkirk?

I would fight for my country if it came to it, but fighting a battle that wont do any good is pointless, so many variables. Maybe the government will do something with this stabiliser they are banging on about?

Coffeeholic:

topmixer11:

Alcpone:

I think I’m even less bothered than Alcpone but will that be okay if I promise not to complain about the £7 gallon? :wink:

I honestly have no idea what petrol costs, last time I noticed when I was filling the car it was about £1.11, I assume it has gone up a bit since then?

nor me i just drive up, fill up, pay and drive off lol simples what i dont know wont hurt me, maybe the bank balance though :laughing: :laughing:

no no stanlow but local too me essex i went on all of the london demos 2 years ago thankyou i do my bit not like the spine less take it up the jacksy brigade :stuck_out_tongue: as for dunkirk no but my grandad was thats why im typing my feelings and comments now :exclamation:

topmixer11:
no no stanlow but local too me essex i went on all of the london demos 2 years ago thankyou i do my bit not like the spine less take it up the jacksy brigade :stuck_out_tongue: as for dunkirk no but my grandad was thats why im typing my feelings and comments now :exclamation:

good luck, be interesting to see what happens, and if the protests can gather any pace?

it is quite interesting to see how many people moan about this and that, but too few are prepared to stand up, and give something a go, i suppose this attitude is why its not so much of a “great” britain, anymore.

I bet the protest doesn’t even happen. What will happen is the organisers will receive an email from ‘official’ people citing anti-terrorism laws and the protest will be cancelled “due to unforeseen circumstances”.

chilistrucker:
i suppose this attitude is why its not so much of a “great” britain, anymore.

Apart from a bit of coastal erosion Great Britain is still pretty much as Great as it was when it was named.

A large percentage of smaller hauliers and owner drivers should never be in the haulage industry,because they can’t work their costs out.If they could,as it has already been said on this thread they would be passing the increase onto their customers.I appreciate that if you are hauling for a large outfit on a contract,you are stuck with it until either renewal time,or you have the balls to go and ask for a rate increase.

Rob K:
I bet the protest doesn’t even happen. What will happen is the organisers will receive an email from ‘official’ people citing anti-terrorism laws and the protest will be cancelled “due to unforeseen circumstances”.

this i think, will be the case. didn’t stop the students though, trouble is, as always, with something of this type, you always run the risk of the hooligan element, jumipng on the bandwagon, for their own gain.
the anti terrorism laws, are a very handy tool, for the powers that be.

the protest will happen, would like a bit of support off lorry drivers if they could turn up , its a go slow protest the route is being planned

Driving around slowly,wasting the fuel you are saying is too expensive? There’s logical :confused: :confused: Best option for the average motorist is not buy as much.Hit the government and fuel companies where it hurts–in the bank balance.
As has been said in other posts.the protest will either be cancelled or will be so severely restricted that it will be pointless and even if it does go ahead.will achieve nothing like all the previous protests.

start time 7.30 pm on a friday night FFS
dont want to nit pick but by monday morning evryone will have forgot !!!
best of luck moose

Moose:
start time 7.30 pm on a friday night

Alcpone:

Agreed!

French protest and more importantly STICK TOGETHER AS 1 and get what they want. With england whislt we’re out “protesting” some ■■■■■■■ around the corner will do YOUR days works and pocket some of your money! :unamused:

Good luck to anyone who is doing it though.