fuel consumption

I have been asked to cost up a 17 tonne box van for a customer, I run small box vans at the moment, I really have little idea of M.P.G. for this size of vehicle, I have guessed 10mpg with me driving it with a little respect, what do you guys think?, cheers :blush:

you should be able to get a bit more than 10mpg

perhaps 12 mpg :question:

RHA cost tables suggest 11mpg for a 3 axle 18tonner and 14mpg for a two axle 13 tonner - so it’s somewhere in the middle of that :wink:

I actually get 17-18mpg out of my 13 tonne Renault - but tell the customers 15 :smiling_imp:

Brilliant, thanks very much for that, my costing at ten was looking a little pricey me-thinks!, cheers chris :grimacing:

You are aware of the laws regarding Operators Licence aren’t you? If you’re going to be using one for any business purposes you need to be covered by an O licence.

tHanks for that Conor, I had an O licence about ten years ago but knocked it on the head for a more secure contract on the little trucks but have just recieved all the paperwork for a new licence, not too much changed by the looks…except…flippin heck HOW MUCH!, these guys are havin a laugh arnt they? :laughing: