Fuel cards for a new starter

Has anyone here recently as a new OD got themselves a fuel card and if so where from and what conditions were put on it? Ideally I’m after something with the KeyFuels badge on it as there are several places near me I can use that. Also in an ideal world I don’t want to have to give them a big pile of security money if I can help it although I realise in the current economic climate that might be asking too much!

Ta,
Paul

Have a look round your local area and see who is offering the cheapest fuel is your first priority.Now down here where I live a lot of drivers just go into the supermarket,where it’s cheapest.Alternatively BP and Shell I found were easy to obtain and I believe still offer a discount to commercial users.All they required was Bank clearance and a reference but it is a long time since I first obtained them.Should you be travelling further afield I have used Esso in France where in their unmanned self service stations the price of derv is competitive with French supermarkets.Have never obtained a fuel card from any other supplier in the UK so cannot pass comment…others will.

you could give BWOC a ring i got a keyfuels card with them about 8 months ago with no deposit on the account

dafman28:
you could give BWOC a ring i got a keyfuels card with them about 8 months ago with no deposit on the account

I would try Rix in Hull for their deals.

Maybe a WCF in your area have a deal too.

Meercats suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:

businessfuelcards.co.uk/comp … cards.html

Fuel Card Services and Fuelmate, both do Keyfuels and Fuelmate do Shellcard too, Shell seem to be the cheapest at to moment.

Avoid Bernard Broguns like they were going to give you a dose of the clap, not nice people, arrogant, rude, and will shaft you everytime given the opportunity. Theres no reason or need for it, me thinks theres some problems in the offing there :exclamation:

I have just taken out 2 accounts…one with The Fuelcard Co who took over ReD diesel and are part of keyfuels gave me 1700 litres per month on 7 day payment terms with no deposit and the other is Fuelcard Express from Berwick who gave me 5000 litres per month on the same payment terms as the above with no deposit…had both accounts sorted within 10 working days and both can be used at most keyfuel sites throughout the uk…i can certainly recommened both to anybody.

topboy trucker:
I have just taken out 2 accounts…one with The Fuelcard Co who took over ReD diesel and are part of keyfuels gave me 1700 litres per month on 7 day payment terms with no deposit and the other is Fuelcard Express from Berwick who gave me 5000 litres per month on the same payment terms as the above with no deposit…had both accounts sorted within 10 working days and both can be used at most keyfuel sites throughout the uk…i can certainly recommened both to anybody.

Fuelcard Express usually use the UK fuels network ( which is most of the same sites but not all!)

I use Red ( as topboy said, now part of the Fuelcard Company) and Smartdiesel ( which is in the same group as Fuelcard Express )

I don’t know how they deal with new operators, but I didn’t pay a deposit when I started using them ( although that was 9-10 years ago)

Thomas Silvey Fuels (Chippenham Truckstop). I have 3 different cards with them, one of which is KF.
Nice people to deal with too.
(0845 6661116) silvey.co.uk

call in at wcf in dawsons yard,that who james deals with & also got keyfuels card off them.

andy.

Thanks for all the replies, I’ve applied for the two Big Joe suggested and we’ll see what they come up with.

Paul

Also apply for a business credit, with as much of a credit limit as you can get.
Your payment terms will be better (28 days at least) and it is often cheaper ‘at the pump’ than using fuel cards.

I plan to get myself a credit card with one of the “0% for 12 months” offers to help get me started for the times when the pump price is lower than the card price. Should also help me get through the initial drought until the money starts coming in.

Paul

What worries me, is that neither Cameron or Clegg are talking about dropping the cost of taxation on fuel, its pretty obvious that this “little” earner is too great to drop :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:
What worries me, is that neither Cameron or Clegg are talking about dropping the cost of taxation on fuel, its pretty obvious that this “little” earner is too great to drop :open_mouth:

the national debt is massive and whoever gets into Downing street on may 6th will need our fuel tax to pay the debt off !!!

Denis F:

Stanley Mitchell:

the national debt is massive and whoever gets into Downing street on may 6th will need our fuel tax to pay the debt off !!!

In 13 years, this bunch of thieving,lying,cheating stunts have reduced this country to a 3rd world wreck.

And, whether anybody likes it or not, the previous administration left the kitty pretty much FULL.
Never mind, all change come 06.05.10 :unamused:
GB and his cronies dont want re-electing anyway, as they havent got a clue how to get out of this mess, surely he should be lined up with his mate Bliar, and SHOT :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Just got an account with BP very handy garage 1 mile up the road and its a bunkering site easy for HGVs.
9p off pump price the other day.

Asked for 6 cards all came by post in a week account just set up with bank account details and they asked for a reference which i know they didnt use, no down payment 10 to 15 days to pay.

trickyd

repton:
Thanks for all the replies, I’ve applied for the two Big Joe suggested and we’ll see what they come up with.

Well Fuel Card Services have decided they want 3 grand out of me before I can have a card so they’re out of the running. Still waiting for a reply from Fuelmate.

Paul

repton:

repton:

Well Fuel Card Services have decided they want 3 grand out of me before I can have a card so they’re out of the running. Still waiting for a reply from Fuelmate.

Paul

I have tried to get a BP card from fuel card services and they wanted money off me before i got the cards so i said i didnt want to do that and left it at that.
I use Keyfuels and Shell cards from the Fuel Card Company, they are ok.

i have a uk fuel card that i have had for ages but i decided i needed some backup, last friday i applied for a shell card direct from shell, applied online, bank details only no references, 2500 litres a month, no money up front , 14 days credit and the card came in the post today, very efficient service

chaversdad:
i have a uk fuel card that i have had for ages but i decided i needed some backup, last friday i applied for a shell card direct from shell, applied online, bank details only no references, 2500 litres a month, no money up front , 14 days credit and the card came in the post today, very efficient service

how is it priced ?