Fuel bonus scheme - does your firm have one?

Given the ever increased concern over fuel, does your company have a fuel bonus scheme, and if so how does it work?

After all the driver is still a massive factor in mpg, not to mention the length of time the engine spends idling.

TC

Yes, we have one. with over 1500 trucks and rising. For some strange reason the English drivers are not included on the payment scheme. Probably dont want us showing the clog wearers up :stuck_out_tongue:

I have an FH 420 with I shift, with pumping gear and normally pulling top weights. The display shows 30 litres per 100km.

All the trucks are listed on our intranet showing fuel figures of 31 and 32 winning the bonus payments.

go figure as they say :confused:

I’ve suggested this at our place, but the gaffer hasn’t responded so far. In my opinion, it’s a great idea. The driver benefits financially from keeping his consumption down, and the firm’s fuel bill reduces as well. A win, win situation.
My old firm in Germany used to have a system of rewarding the drivers if their average comsumption was lower than 35 litres/100km. So if a driver averaged 30 litres/100km in a month, he would receive 5 x (set amount of €) as a bonus. The less you used, the bigger the bonus.
Great in a wagon and drag. Lose the drag when possible, and potter around with just the unit, and watch the consumption plummet! Quids in!

yes my company does the less fuel I use the better the holiday we can have :laughing: :laughing:

No .
We have a league table with no incentive at all .
The people that return poor fuel economy don’t care anyway .

We did have one but was scrapped after 2 months as the people on long term sick leave won both months! They never drove so they did not use any fuel. Go figure :blush:

LASHHGV:
We did have one but was scrapped after 2 months as the people on long term sick leave won both months! They never drove so they did not use any fuel. Go figure :blush:

Genius!.. Surely that’s just a massive cockup on the part of whoever did the final adding up!?

Probably someone from university .

Yip we have one in place payes out every 3 months(ish lol)
me in the artic running 44t or there abouts needs to get
8 MPG=£75
9 MPG=£150
10MPG=£300 (NEVER CLOSE LOL)

The 26 tonners need to get ,

10 MPG=£75
11 MPG=£150
12 MPG=£300

paul@midway:
Probably someone from university .

What about all our fellow truck drivers with degrees!

mine records the mpg but it dont make a diffrence as the engine also runs the lights when at a call out and keeps cab nice and warm…Only get about 15 mpg when iworked it out a while ago in my merc sprinter 316

Fallmonk:

10 MPG=£75
11 MPG=£150
12 MPG=£300

Fallmonk, are the 26T’s running at full weight? I’m on local tipper work and struggle to get 10, usually about 9.5.
I’ve only ever gone over 11 once and 12mpg is the stuff of messy dreams! :blush: :blush:

For the record, my company has a fuel consumption league table. I am top of it :sunglasses: …and bottom too :blush:

how can you compare drivers m.p.gs, a driver doing multi drops round a city centre is hardly likely to get the same m.p.g as a driver doing one hit to a r.d.c.
how do you compare the driver who picks up and pulls 26 pallets to the driver who picks the overspill of 3 pallets , there m.p.gs are never going to be the same over 200 miles are they .load of crap

I’ve got a fuel incentive scheme.

The more Shell I put in the tank the more vouchers I get. :laughing:

8wheels:
I’ve got a fuel incentive scheme.

The more Shell I put in the tank the more vouchers I get. :laughing:

Yeah i got one for shell and bp card thing and a tesco one to get money off shopping and stuff…

Back in the 80s, a firm who predominantly did Italy had a fuel bonus scheme whereby the drivers received a £50 bonus per trip, depending on hitting a certain fuel consumption figure.

The boss himself dipped the tank at the start of each trip, and again when the lads got back.
All fuel receipts had to be produced so the figures were beyond dispute. A very fair system indeed.

It didn’t take the lads long to come up with the solution though… :wink:
They’d worked out that they were normally a bit short of the required MPG figure, so they’d put £20 - £30 worth of extra diesel in the tank from their own pocket. :open_mouth: and then “lose” the extra receipt :wink:

That little investment then paid off when the boss dipped the tank back at the yard. :sunglasses: The only time that didn’t work was when they were running at top weight both ways… ah well, win a few, lose a few :wink:

dieseldave:
Back in the 80s, a firm who predominantly did Italy had a fuel bonus scheme whereby the drivers received a £50 bonus per trip, depending on hitting a certain fuel consumption figure.

The boss himself dipped the tank at the start of each trip, and again when the lads got back.
All fuel receipts had to be produced so the figures were beyond dispute. A very fair system indeed.

It didn’t take the lads long to come up with the solution though… :wink:
They’d worked out that they were normally a bit short of the required MPG figure, so they’d put £20 - £30 worth of extra diesel in the tank from their own pocket. :open_mouth: and then “lose” the extra receipt :wink:

That little investment then paid off when the boss dipped the tank back at the yard. :sunglasses: The only time that didn’t work was when they were running at top weight both ways… ah well, win a few, lose a few :wink:

And if you were running heavy both ways, you could always get a plus eh? Dave :smiley:

Tesco thought they had invented Cashback :stuck_out_tongue:

the more i sell to the traveling comunity the bigger the profit.

joke if the boss is looking :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

jon

hammer:

Fallmonk:

10 MPG=£75
11 MPG=£150
12 MPG=£300

Fallmonk, are the 26T’s running at full weight? I’m on local tipper work and struggle to get 10, usually about 9.5.
I’ve only ever gone over 11 once and 12mpg is the stuff of messy dreams! :blush: :blush:

For the record, my company has a fuel consumption league table. I am top of it :sunglasses: …and bottom too :blush:

Yip most are running full weight BUT as we are doing multi drop as they go round there run , the lighter it gets ! = better MPG!
to be honest there is only one guy getting the 12MPG , and he getts it by doing 40MPH on MOTORWAYS! , plus like mentioned we are conviced he is also putting in a few £ here and there !
This was because we all got trained on “SAFED” ,
me with the artic has made the bonus ONCE doing short journeys i dont have a hope in hell ! , also produces a idel report that can be a pain , as after 2 mins it records you ideling , last time got pulled up for ideling on the M8! :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
And if you were running heavy both ways, you could always get a plus eh? Dave :smiley:

That reminds me of our boss catching one of the guys red-handed.
The boss could clearly show that after filling up in Calais on his way out, a driver had actually fitted 500 litres into a 400 litre tank!! :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
Tesco thought they had invented Cashback :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: PMSL - Pure class :laughing: