Frilly Curtains and Other Crap

What do those with higher mileages think? I can’t imagine Bewick filling a cab with bullfighter arrows or Harry Gill gluing chrome ladies onto his wagon…
:laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway:
What do those with higher mileages think? I can’t imagine Bewick filling a cab with bullfighter arrows or Harry Gill gluing chrome ladies onto his wagon…

No nonsense drivers “H” and me Nathan,I personally couldn’t stand all the crap some drivers started to stuff around their cabs,occaisionally on a Saturday afternoon I’d get that mad at some of the “bollox” that appeared in some cabs,I’d get in and rive it out!! But it was only a handful of drivers that were into deccing their cabs out,it wasn’t exactly an epidemic by any means.Not like all the crap that you tipper drivers drape your cabs with!!! Hope have got the “wee fella” an Easter egg or two or three? He’ll be sat on the carpet and have chocolate from “lug to lug” I guess !! Great !! Cheers and a Happy Easter to you and the family.Dennis.

Muckaway:

I used to put flags and stickers and frilly curtains and all kinds of bollox in the cab when I was younger and cab happy, but these days I couldnt give a toss, like to keep the inside of the cab clean and clutter free :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

I don’t understand this frilly curtain craze. Lorries are big butch vehicles, (Volvo FL’s excepted) some with big butch look at me paintjobs and spotlights, slogans about how much power you have etc etc

Then Johnny Driver sticks a set of curtains (and a pelmet ffs!) around the cab!

It’s like putting a bow on an Alsatian’s head :frowning:

I’m starting a campaign: Truckers Against Frills - Slogan: Only a Helmet has a Pelmet.

So there. :laughing:

cant understand when they pull the curtains across the side windows !!!,i thought windows were to look out of ■■?

Is there a round of applause smilie for Happydaze? For me, I think frilly bits, carpet throughout and plush foot mats are pointless for tippers, mixers, skip wagons etc due to the dust; Both my Dad, Uncle and myself had driven tippers where previous drivers had cut a bit of bedroom carpet and stuck the gearstick through it and onto the engine hump; In time the dust irritates your eyes and nose so into the tipper it goes.

curnock:
cant understand when they pull the curtains across the side windows !!!,i thought windows were to look out of ■■?

We’ve got a new lad who’s cab happy: Within the first day of getting an Alpha 6w on an 06 plate it’d been treated to frilly curtains: It’s been off road for mot for the past week and workshop have removed them because, as Curnock says the windows are for looking out of.

Muckaway:
Is there a round of applause smilie for Happydaze? For me, I think frilly bits, carpet throughout and plush foot mats are pointless for tippers, mixers, skip wagons etc due to the dust; Both my Dad, Uncle and myself had driven tippers where previous drivers had cut a bit of bedroom carpet and stuck the gearstick through it and onto the engine hump; In time the dust irritates your eyes and nose so into the tipper it goes.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers mate! Us rufty tufty tipper/grab/ro-ro types gotta stick together! :laughing:

Happydaze:
I don’t understand this frilly curtain craze. Lorries are big butch vehicles, (Volvo FL’s excepted) some with big butch look at me paintjobs and spotlights, slogans about how much power you have etc etc

Then Johnny Driver sticks a set of curtains (and a pelmet ffs!) around the cab!

It’s like putting a bow on an Alsatian’s head :frowning:

I’m starting a campaign: Truckers Against Frills - Slogan: Only a Helmet has a Pelmet.

So there. :laughing:

Nice one… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There s nothing wrong with a bit of tat even on a tipper, :laughing: :laughing:

f7sidd:
There s nothing wrong with a bit of tat even on a tipper, :laughing: :laughing:

EEEEEEEK! How does he see out?! :open_mouth:

We had a few drivers who had flags and nameplates etc across the screen like the one in the above pic, a ■■■■ nuisance at test time as they all had to be removed before visiting the test station. Never saw the benefit in them myself, most I ever had was a sunstrip and when that fell off it wasn’t replaced. We also had a driver, now deceased, who had several carpets over the bonnet of his S80 Foden and he lined all his pipes for the day up on it so that as one emptied he could just pop another one in his chops, the cab was never ever cleaned and one driver who did a load with it one day reckoned that the bonnet cover was still moving around the cab ten minutes after the lorry stopped! :laughing: Each to his own of course.

Pete.

curnock:

Me neither its a trend thats getting more popular with some drivers ,maybe they are so ugly they are hiding their face !!!

Bewick:

Some of the drivers I new had thier cabs done up like wendy houses, plus little teddy bears, & dangley dollys, what a load of crap, & some of them used to live on pot noodle stuff, or tins on beans from Nettos, I gave them a wide berth , Owld & retired & proud of my proffesion as a long distance wagon driver from the old school, a real driver like most of us thats still about, Regards Larry.

I must confess, I bought a “Hello Kitty” air freshener the other day. The girl at the checkout looked at me, looked at the lorry and laughed! :laughing:

I told her that just beacuse of my vehicle and my appearance (stereotype tipper driver) it didn’t mean I wasn’t in touch with my feminine side…

We both had a giggle and off I went! :laughing:

we call the curtains draped half way across the side windows UGLY CURTAINS cuz the people must be hiding behind em for a reason!!! :laughing: :laughing: regards Andrtew x

Bewick:

Bewick:

Believe it or not these were two of our finest drivers at the time,Duncan McMinn on the Bewick 111 and Frank Russell on the K. Fell 111.Immaculate at the craft of sheeting and roping as well as very sensible drivers of the old school.Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Believe it or not these were two of our finest drivers at the time,Duncan McMinn on the Bewick 111 and Frank Russell on the K. Fell 111.Immaculate at the craft of sheeting and roping as well as very sensible drivers of the old school.Cheers Dennis.

I don’t doubt it, your guys look like they take pride in their jobs. People like that don’t worry me at all.

The scary ones are the “look at me in my big truck” types, with all the gee-gaws all the aggression and none of the ability. You know, the ones who think watching a DVD whilst driving is acceptable. That kind of fool.