Fridges and parking

Theres always some prick that dumps their running fridge trailer in between a load of curtainsiders at services, before looking for the fridge parking area. Knobs!

Yaawwwnnnn!

How many parking areas have seperate parking for fridges :question:

if you carnt sleep in a service area what is available for all HGVs
simple park somwhere else

I just bang in some ear plugs, weve all got to work, and sleep. (of course)

here we go again…

i have more trouble with drivers that leave their engines on tickover for 30 mins on a morning. :imp:

What about the curtainsider lads who park next to sleeping fridge drivers shouting to there mates or sat with radio blasting ? You don’t see the fridge boys coming on here moaning about that or about the fridge running right behind there head if you can’t sleep in a services with all the noise from different things maybe you should do days and spend nights in bed listening to your missus snore instead

NTSA FFS!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Lol i do love a reaction… Only ended up in services cos i ran out of time.

Saaamon:

Well stfu then !!!

Saaamon:
Theres always some prick that dumps their running fridge trailer in between a load of curtainsiders at services, before looking for the fridge parking area. Knobs!

Idiot… How do you think all of the chilled / frozen food you eat gets to you !!!

Saaamon:

What msa’s have dedicated fridge parking areas ? And some of these msa’s do get quite full
later on so parking can be limited.

jessicas dad:
here we go again…

i have more trouble with drivers that leave their engines on tickover for 30 mins on a morning. :imp:

Yes can someone on here explain the reason for doing this, and why the engine is left running for five minutes after they arrive :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I dont mind a fridge next to me,it will block out all the other noise.

mike68:

jessicas dad:
here we go again…

Yes can someone on here explain the reason for doing this, and why the engine is left running for five minutes after they arrive :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

it`s because their truck is such a massive powerful beast that i can only be switched on/off gradually :unamused:

grrr

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Saaamon:

Idiot… How do you think all of the chilled / frozen food you eat gets to you !!!

Via the fairys?

mike68:

I’m pretty sure the drivers handbook in our Dafs advises to leave the motor idling for a few minutes after running at speed for a long period. It’s to allow the turbo to cool down a bit before the oil stops circulating, thus avoiding problems with the oil “cooking” in a hot turbo. Been a while since I read it though, so maybe my recollection is incorrect…

Saaamon:

Me too, I am going to love the day when someone turns off a noisy fridge and causes an exothermic one :laughing:

We carry chemicals in fridge trailers that have a low control temperature. it gets exciting when the sun is shining on the roof :stuck_out_tongue:

Roymondo:

mike68:

I’m pretty sure the drivers handbook in our Dafs advises to leave the motor idling for a few minutes after running at speed for a long period. It’s to allow the turbo to cool down a bit before the oil stops circulating, thus avoiding problems with the oil “cooking” in a hot turbo. Been a while since I read it though, so maybe my recollection is incorrect…

the turbo glows red hot when it is working, if you let it wind down after pulling up, it gives the bearings and shafts time to run in cooler oil before simply stopping the thing spinning