Fridge Trailers

Happy New Year to all.

Just a quick question, is £500 take home 5-6 nights out week is that about normal for 2014 the wage is done on % of what the truck earns risky i know but i,m used to that as i used to be a OD.

Cheers for any info.

Is that £500 take home plus n/out’s or including n/outs.If the latter,not great

The “wouldn’t get out of bed for that” mob will be along shortly to keep us right :laughing:

Thanks for the reply mate, i was told it could vary might get a bit more, and ye that does include nights out normal 4 sometimes run in on sat giving me 5 nights out, sorry i put 5/6 had a dumb blonde moment, :smiley:

That’s on the low side if it includes your night out money. You should be looking at another £100 on top of that, although there are no doubt jobs on similar hours and terms which pay less.

For a percentage that has to be low and any percentage would be variable, have they told you the actual percentage, if they havn’t they are scamming you.

Hi Pat, it was either 20% or 25% of what the truck earns its mainly uk tramping maybe a bit of Euro bit sketchy i know, i was gonna get another truck and go on my own again but the Jan invasion has put that on hold for a bit.

What Pat said although I don’t know ANY operator who will tell you what their truck makes truthfully,they can offer you 10/20/30% but unless you see the real PROFIT figure in black and white you will never be sure you are getting a proper wage,personnally I would be asking for a good hourly rate plus n/outs but that’s up to you

All I would say is are you happy with the job & what you get for it? If yes then I wouldn’t care what anyone thought of it. If no then look around.

GOG47:
What Pat said although I don’t know ANY operator who will tell you what their truck makes truthfully,they can offer you 10/20/30% but unless you see the real PROFIT figure in black and white you will never be sure you are getting a proper wage,personnally I would be asking for a good hourly rate plus n/outs but that’s up to you

Amen to that,I for one will not work for percentage again unless times are hard,too many times of being told " Ah well,it’s not being a good week/the rate isn’t that good but it’s work innit". You’ll never really know.
Mind,it may work for some,I know Phil prefer’s it but my own experience tell’s me that I want some check on what I’ve earned.

GOG47:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Getting paid a percentage of what truck earns has nothing to do with profit :smiley:

green456:

GOG47:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Getting paid a percentage of what truck earns has nothing to do with profit :smiley:

Yep,sorry,hit submit button before checking my post properly,I stand corrected although I stand by the substance of it,you will never get shown/told real verifiable rates so you can’t work out turnover

Beggars cant be choosers in this climate. Good luck :slight_smile:

Ye your right there Tango boy, being a ex OD don,t do me no favors, in the work place its kin hard to get a start anywhere mate, how i wish i never lease hired a second truck thats what sunk me mate.

If you can be self sufficient with food and they pay parking, then reasonable.

lost:
Ye your right there Tango boy, being a ex OD don,t do me no favors, in the work place its kin hard to get a start anywhere mate, how i wish i never lease hired a second truck thats what sunk me mate.

Sorry to hear, maybe you can get some money in the bank again and after a few years OD once again who knows■■? if that’s what you want to do again!!! Something regular for now and see how it goes :wink: Good luck :slight_smile:

lost:

What is stopping you getting a start?
Is it because you are an ex OD or because it went ■■■■ up…I didn’t really know to phrase it without it sounding like rubbing salt in the wounds but either way it doesn’t seem right.

Thanks Tango boy, Na dont think i will get another truck, like you say steady income improve me cv and see what gives in life, :smiley: cheers mate.

Depends where in the country you are as well. It’s not far off the going rate in south wales. You could find £50 extra, but easily £50 less too.

lost:
Thanks Tango boy, Na dont think i will get another truck, like you say steady income improve me cv and see what gives in life, :smiley: cheers mate.

Sounds good to me. Happy new year :smiley: :smiley: