Fridge/Reefer drivers

steveo999:
Stayed at the stockyard last night and despite the notice at the booking in counter about fridges to park at the top of the yard, two of the finest fridge driving knob-heads decided to park next to the exit gate and run their fridge motors all night. Do you people take a course in being anti social,ignorant annoyances to the rest of us who choose not to drive fridges, or does it come naturally?
Park out of the way as instructed and let the rest of us get a bit of un-interrupted sleep. Thank you, rant over…
:imp: :imp:

surely it’s up the owners of the truck park to make sure they park in there designated parking place . and if they wont sort it then vote with your feet and don’t use there truck stop again

the flying foden:

steveo999:
Stayed at the stockyard last night and despite the notice at the booking in counter about fridges to park at the top of the yard, two of the finest fridge driving knob-heads decided to park next to the exit gate and run their fridge motors all night. Do you people take a course in being anti social,ignorant annoyances to the rest of us who choose not to drive fridges, or does it come naturally?
Park out of the way as instructed and let the rest of us get a bit of un-interrupted sleep. Thank you, rant over…
:imp: :imp:

surely it’s up the owners of the truck park to make sure they park in there designated parking place . and if they wont sort it then vote with your feet and don’t use there truck stop again

i think voting with your feet has been banned.
health and safety you see. try it with steel toe capped boots. i bet you can’t.

steveo999:
Not turning out of my pit at one in the morning in my boxers to get in a fight with anyone, and by the way they were both Brits…
:unamused:

So how do you know there was acres of room?. That place gets pretty rammed by that time of the morning and maybe the "considerate " fridge drivers had no choice but to park next to somebody but reckoned that by parking near the exit it would minimise disruption.

I don’t pull fridges any more but our MRI scanners run with an onboard genny to keep em alive. Just to illustrate what we’re often up against, I pulled into Stafford north for a break the other night and although the lorry park was less than 50% full everybody had spread themselves out so that there was no option but to park up next to somebody.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing the layout of the Stockyard and many of the clientele, parking near the exit is probably the best place to be, apart from the noise of the fridge motor, there are taxis, lorries, mini buses and ■■■■■■ up grannies using the exit, which in itself is a bloody long way from the buildings.

And the owner of the place is not really going to bother where they park as they pay exactly the same price as the OP

Wheel Nut:
Knowing the layout of the Stockyard and many of the clientele, parking near the exit is probably the best place to be, apart from the noise of the fridge motor, there are taxis, lorries, mini buses and ■■■■■■ up grannies using the exit, which in itself is a bloody long way from the buildings.

And the owner of the place is not really going to bother where they park as they pay exactly the same price as the OP

if people don’t go there because of the noise from fridges then the owners will do something about it as it will hit them in the pocket where it hurts . but no doubt you will see it different knowing the place so well :unamused:

What about the poor fridge driver that has to sleep under the fridge all night?

Fair enough, if a fridge parks slap bang in the middle of everyone when there are spaces on the edges then that’s a bit out of order. But I’ve parked up at truck stops and MSA and been one of the first there and had people park up next to me later who have given a meaningful glare at the fridge.

Once I parked up at MK truck stop in an empty corner, went for a shower and when I came back someone had parked next to me and told me I should move and if I didn’t switch fridge off then someone else would!

I don’t see the problem, the noise it makes is a constant drone that fades in to the background. The sounds of airbrakes, engines starting up or drivers chatting in the parking area is much more disruptive.

The other month I had some ■■■■■■ from one if the big fleets pull in next to me and before the engine was off he was out spouting about the generator on my trailer. I pointed out that I was away at the far edge of the lorry park but he just kept banging on about needing “a good kip” and how he would sort out the noise if I didn’t.

I could have just pointed out that I was away in 10 minutes but got a deal more satisfaction ringing the number on the side if his cab and telling the man who answered that his company would be liable for the damage caused to over a million quids worth of kit if his man carried out his threats.

I guess he called his star driver pretty quick because he was on the phone as I pulled out and after giving him the thumbs up he returned with the “Gareth Hunt” invite for coffee.

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
The other month I had some ■■■■■■ from one if the big fleets pull in next to me and before the engine was off he was out spouting about the generator on my trailer. I pointed out that I was away at the far edge of the lorry park but he just kept banging on about needing “a good kip” and how he would sort out the noise if I didn’t.

I could have just pointed out that I was away in 10 minutes but got a deal more satisfaction ringing the number on the side if his cab and telling the man who answered that his company would be liable for the damage caused to over a million quids worth of kit if his man carried out his threats.

I guess he called his star driver pretty quick because he was on the phone as I pulled out and after giving him the thumbs up he returned with the “Gareth Hunt” invite for coffee.

Cheers
Neilf

Superb!

Let’s get real folks…a fridge running next to your non-fridge truck is just simply a driver’s life…just get on with it. The complainers must have pretty cushy jobs and not enough to do; by the time I’m parked up and fed/watered falling asleep happens pretty quickly after, fridge running or not. I too run mine on ‘constant’ when parked up, rather than intermittent which it’s on when I’m driving.

As for switching another driver’s fridge off, it’s not a good idea; most fridge drivers sleep lightly and if the fridge goes off they wake up. Odds on the driver who’s switched it off is either parked on your immediate left or right. Naturally, it’s easy enough to return the favour with a quietly-pulled fifth wheel handle, nicked number plate, removed electrics suzy, fifth wheel-greased door handle to name a few of the many options for pay-back. :laughing:

Ive recently started on fridges.and luckily i havnt had to park up when loaded yet.but you do get a bit of a stare when i pull up to park somewhere…I did have a load of frozen on the other day.and i turned it off for an hour.and in that time it had gone from -22 to -10.so over night it would thaw if it was turned off.

steveo999:
Stayed at the stockyard last night :imp: :imp:

don`t tell me you when to the regular Thursday night Grab a Granny at the Stockyard :wink:

tonyb70:
Ive recently started on fridges.and luckily i havnt had to park up when loaded yet.but you do get a bit of a stare when i pull up to park somewhere…I did have a load of frozen on the other day.and i turned it off for an hour.and in that time it had gone from -22 to -10.so over night it would thaw if it was turned off.

:open_mouth: It either wasn’t very frozen when loaded or your fridge is [zb] ed then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope all you professional prats that are moaning about fridges and talking about turning them off get a good dose of food poisoning and spend a few days on the bog. Fridges are an essential part of the transport industry live with it or get another job.

cant see the problem normally the noise is constant i would much rather a fridge than 2 pillocks chatting away at 2am!

We’ve disable the continuous function on frozen to save fuel! On constant I sleep peacefully but the noise of starting every 15 mins is too much and a good nights sleep is vital for safety

tonyb70:

No way. Take it from me, it wouldn’t thaw if you turned it off overnight. If you are running at -25 and you turn the fridge motor off for 9 hours then you will be looking at a temperature of -8 when you turn it on in the morning.

And that’s the box temperature, not the core temperature. After 15 minutes of running the box will be back down to -25, and if you probed the load after the fridge had been off overnight it wouldn’t have changed by even 0.1 degrees.

bigtruck:
I hope all you professional prats that are moaning about fridges and talking about turning them off get a good dose of food poisoning and spend a few days on the bog. Fridges are an essential part of the transport industry live with it or get another job.

Worse still, some Haz stuff is transported in Reefers and can be very sensitive to temp. Not normally parked in public mind, but worth bearing in mind :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

tonyb70:

No way. Take it from me, it wouldn’t thaw if you turned it off overnight. If you are running at -25 and you turn the fridge motor off for 9 hours then you will be looking at a temperature of -8 when you turn it on in the morning.

And that’s the box temperature, not the core temperature. After 15 minutes of running the box will be back down to -25, and if you probed the load after the fridge had been off overnight it wouldn’t have changed by even 0.1 degrees.

But it depends on the outside temp though Harry, winter or Summer .

bald bloke:

Harry Monk:

tonyb70:

But it depends on the outside temp though Harry, winter or Summer .

What about if it’s a chill load and a warm summers night?

SB

Better a fridge than pratts who have to have their reversing bleepers on any time of day or night.WHY?

Or the tools that can’t reverse so block up the wide/long load areas :angry: :angry: :angry: