Fridge/Reefer drivers

Stayed at the stockyard last night and despite the notice at the booking in counter about fridges to park at the top of the yard, two of the finest fridge driving knob-heads decided to park next to the exit gate and run their fridge motors all night. Do you people take a course in being anti social,ignorant annoyances to the rest of us who choose not to drive fridges, or does it come naturally?
Park out of the way as instructed and let the rest of us get a bit of un-interrupted sleep. Thank you, rant over…
:imp: :imp:

there has been plenty of threads about this.
i’ve done loads of fridge work, and i can’t see a problem with switching it off for the night.
just switch it off for him.

Maybe it was the only place they could park, also maybe their fridge is monitored from the workplace so if its turned off the driver gets a bollocking.

ACRES of space at the top end, just ignorant and lazy…

I do fridge work full time, I always try to park away from other people when possible,then I put a sign in my window that says running fridge, which i think is more than fair to other drivers. I’ve always been on fridges and don’t even notice the noise anymore.

It’s about time a silent fridge was designed.

Just posted this in the vain hope that we might get an insight into their way of thinking towards other drivers, apart from the (zb) you attitude…

steveo999:
Just posted this in the vain hope that we might get an insight into their way of thinking towards other drivers, apart from the (zb) you attitude…

I’m a fridge driver and we trying to do a job professionally and a vast majority are courteous I’m sure and I can’t imagine they did it on purpose.

I don’t see how two fridge drivers doing something equates to all fridge drivers doing it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Harry Monk:
I don’t see how two fridge drivers doing something equates to all fridge drivers doing it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

…it doesn’t, but there seems to be a fair proportion of them that do…

Maybe they were foreign and couldn’t understand the sign. It always amuses me that the Carrier Supra fridges on our rigids say silent on them when they are anything but.

Did you say anything to the actual drivers? Or is this your only way of releasing your frustration by coming online and moaning?

scottishcruiser:
Did you say anything to the actual drivers? Or is this your only way of releasing your frustration by coming online and moaning?

Not turning out of my pit at one in the morning in my boxers to get in a fight with anyone, and by the way they were both Brits…
:unamused:

15+ years of fridge work behind me so I think I may just be qualified to answer this .
If you are prepared to pay the cost of a refused load due to the temperature being off I will gladly turn my fridge off at night . If not - tough luck . And while we are on the point why are the fridge drivers the problem - why can’t you find a spot away from the fridge?- they aren’t exactly hard to spot. I will do my best to park out of the way but I’m sorry if there are no other parking spaces I will be your next door neighbour for the night.
Personally I turn my fridge to constant running at night - it cuts out the noise of just about everything else and I get a great nights sleep.
Just one last point about turning fridges off on people - some companies have cameras on the fridges to catch this kind of thing :wink:

beefy4605:
15+ years of fridge work behind me so I think I may just be qualified to answer this .
If you are prepared to pay the cost of a refused load due to the temperature being off I will gladly turn my fridge off at night . If not - tough luck . And while we are on the point why are the fridge drivers the problem - why can’t you find a spot away from the fridge?- they aren’t exactly hard to spot. I will do my best to park out of the way but I’m sorry if there are no other parking spaces I will be your next door neighbour for the night.
Personally I turn my fridge to constant running at night - it cuts out the noise of just about everything else and I get a great nights sleep.
Just one last point about turning fridges off on people - some companies have cameras on the fridges to catch this kind of thing :wink:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier post, there was plenty of room at the top and I was already there with my card pulled…
:slight_smile:

I know exactly the problem your experiencing, I have it myself when I park my fridge up during the day with drivers of other trucks showing no respect for me trying to sleep.

If you can’t sleep for the sound of a fridge running somewhere nearby you’re in the wrong job :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:
If you can’t sleep for the sound of a fridge running somewhere nearby you’re in the wrong job :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Agreed! I always sleep better with the fridge running as it blocks out all the other noises.

I drive a fridge and I get paid to drive not sit awake all nite if I can’t park with consideration it gets turned off. Having said that dropping it in a layby or IE and pulling forward 6ft is consideration in my book if that’s not enough ■■■■ you.

…just as I said, totally ignorant…