fridge drivers

Dont you just love when ya find a nice quiet place to park out of the way pull out ya card get comfy and then some ■■■■ in a fridge truck comes and parks right next to ya !!! Mint nights sleep not now i know why i like my job so much not

Ask him to turn it off…

Explain to him that, more than likely, if he is running at -25 and he turns the fridge off for 8 hours kip then he is probably looking at a box temp of about -10 by the morning and a load temp of maybe -20 or so…

See if he goes for it. :smiley:

Frozen food means Frozen if all fridge drivers thought… bollox to it ill turn it off till mng there would be a hell of a stink from people claiming food poisening, when i was on fridges i just tucked myself out the way as best i could as not to bother other drivers , ive had more disturbance from noisey ■■■■■■ up drivers talking well ! shouting then its NIGHT PAL …ERRR NIGHT MATE…SLAM ! FRICKIN DOOR, even worse in summer when you need ventilation in the cab…widows down a bit sunroof open, some people just think about them selves and f… the rest… :imp:

1. Do you have a fridge at home?

2. Do you have a freezer at home?

3. Do you ever put things into either this fridge or freezer?

4. Do you think that the Tesco Fairy magics that stuff into the supermarket fridge or freezer?

:wink:

t29sab:
Dont you just love it when you come on to an internet forum in the hope of some interesting threads that you could be entertained by or possibly learn something from and someone posts a ridiculous post for the 879,000th time about fridge trailers disturbing their sleep :unamused:

There you go, fixed it for ya :wink:

Unless you’re Amish and you grow all your own food, you need fridge trailers to prevent your food going bad and killing you & your family, yes they make a noise, but it’s a necessary evil, so MTFU and accept it. HTH :wink:

As is usually the case in these threads, we’ll probably now a get a load of keyboard warriors telling us they turn them off and all that other BS, well sorry to burst your bubble Rambos, but you don’t, if you did insurance companies would insist that the controls were in a locked compartment so they couldn’t be tampered with, they’re not, so this means that anyone who says they turn fridges off is talking out of their arse in 99.999999999999% of cases :unamused:

Weird Stig:
Ask him to turn it off…

Explain to him that, more than likely, if he is running at -25 and he turns the fridge off for 8 hours kip then he is probably looking at a box temp of about -10 by the morning and a load temp of maybe -20 or so…

See if he goes for it. :smiley:

*See tongue in cheek for details… :laughing:

Yawn… :stuck_out_tongue:

got to be better than trying to get a good nights kip at gatwick, them bloody planes make a noise dont you know :slight_smile:

When I come off of fridges I used to park amongst the loaded fridges to get a good nights sleep. Kinda like a ships engine noise that you get used to.

Think of it the other way. You are the one pulling the fridge, where shall you park when all layby’s are full ? What if you have a load of top class steak onboard ? Wouldn’t you want secure parking ? Problem is though that when you get to a secure park there is only a few spaces left.

The other side of the coin is that the customer pays for a tempreture controlled load, why should it be turned off ? What if it was turned off and what if the food went off (chilled) ? What if the your fridge tempreture is monitored via the wifi ? Most importantly, to the people who do get out their cabs and switch someone’s fridge off out of spite…is it temperature controlled chemicals ?

Fridge drivers on the whole do their best not to disrupt people but sometimes you have to stop. It’s tough,

The sound of a fridge can send me to sleep, in the truck I generally have the radio on through the night, but the drone of a fridge sends you off nice !

aye ,ive chilled out a lot over this subject BUT what ■■■■■■ me of bigtime was when fridges parked alongside ,and the turbanator(usually) droped the trailer and fkd off and parked his unit well away from his fridge to get a good nights sleep ,then hooked back up in middle o the night/ early morning wae bollywood music blaring from his heep o st.
sorry this must be Canada only.
jimmy.

I don’t turn mine off for the following simple reasons:

(1) I’m carrying Poultry. Great food poisoning material if thawed and re-frozen.
(2) I have parked in the darkest corner of a big yard, where others are less likely to park because of the area’s reputation for ■■■■■ siphoning and caravan fancying. (that’s dogging in a 2 berther btw)
(3) I was here first, and yet some pillock not far removed from Newton le Willows has decided he wants to snuggle up next to me, and then moan when I refuse to “turn it off overnight”. I usually act like a bear with a sore head by this point, as chances are, the pillock has also woken me off my bunk. :imp:

All you need is a hat pin.
If the SOB wants to bugger up your sleep prick his fridge fuel line job done !

Once in Cherbourg,empty truck park and some Irish ■■■ parks next to me with a minus 25 fridge .WTF and out with the pin.Took bloody Carrier 7 hours to find the fault

And I woke up fresh as a daisy.

Bking:
All you need is a prick

Ftfy. :smiley:

the maoster:

Bking:
All you need is a prick

Ftfy. :smiley:

Sure does and they usually got a thermo king stuck on their ■■■!

Bking…You ARE a prick. :unamused:

Bking:
All you need is a hat pin.
If the SOB wants to bugger up your sleep prick his fridge fuel line job done !

Once in Cherbourg,empty truck park and some Irish ■■■ parks next to me with a minus 25 fridge .WTF and out with the pin.Took bloody Carrier 7 hours to find the fault

And I woke up fresh as a daisy.

Am I the only one who thinks BS Merchant when reading this?
If it’s true, it shows how low our “profession” has sunk when vaginas like this are sabotaging peoples’ vehicles. What next, tamper with the brakes because someone has held you up doing 40mph?

…and if your caught and sued for the price of the load it could be the most expensive nights sleep ever.

The only pricks the one puncturing trailer fuel lines…

If you find thats disturbing your sleep I’d suggest you find another job, one far away from anything else on the planet.

dew:
The only pricks the one puncturing trailer fuel lines…

If you find thats disturbing your sleep I’d suggest you find another job, one far away from anything else on the planet.

No I suggest you have the decensy to park away from other folk who would like a good nights sleep.A bit of thought for others goes a long long way.