Fresh RDC Bullshine

Never heard this one before. I jumped put of my wagon one day last week after having a night out only to be told what I was doing is illegal because I don’t have a high roof cab. Just a Streamspace Actros.

Apparently, under EU law you can only have 1 night out in a truck with a low roof and if you want to sleep out any longer you need a Topline/Gigaspace/GobstopperXXL etc.

Anyone heard this one before ?

Should I go to the nearest DVSA office with some lube ?

Why do sentences starting with “Under EU law” end with people talking nonsense :unamused:

Terry T:
Apparently, under EU law you can only have 1 night out in a truck with a low roof and if you want to sleep out any longer you need a Topline/Gigaspace/GobstopperXXL etc.

heard this 20 years ago lol well before tinternet!

when i had a f10 doing euro work… with 250 ltr fuel tanks (again they were illegal as they would not last a day of fuel!!)

something like you should be able to stand up in the cab. heard it a few years ago,

Yes, that’s years old, along with, you cant have a night out in a truck that doesn’t have a night heater.

Whether it is law or not (which I doubt) why would you do nights out for a boss who hasn’t given you a suitable lorry, if I am expected to night out then an absence of a night heater and the ability to stand up while getting dressed would mean no nights out.

mazzer:
Whether it is law or not (which I doubt) why would you do nights out for a boss who hasn’t given you a suitable lorry, if I am expected to night out then an absence of a night heater and the ability to stand up while getting dressed would mean no nights out.

Has it got a bunk? Yes? It’s suitable then. Night heaters and high roofs are a luxury, not a necessity. What next? It’s not suitable because there’s no socket for my ipod :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:

mazzer:

Has it got a bunk? Yes? It’s suitable then. Night heaters and high roofs are a luxury, not a necessity. What next? It’s not suitable because there’s no socket for my ipod :unamused:

That answer almost fits in with the more bling then less wages thread if you are expected to be out for a week or more then the boss needs to put his hand in his pocket and provide a suitable vehicle, after all I doubt the boss is living in a house where he can’t stand up to get dressed and has the same temperature as the outside in the winter

Sleep under the trailer ya bunch of softies. :slight_smile:

It has nothing to do with bling, it’s about practicality. Look at car transporters. Are you seriously saying you’d rather drive an old nail, like a eurostar, rather than a brand new r cab? And what if your night heater packs up? Do you down tools and insist the boss rents you a topline until the night heater is fixed? :open_mouth:

the law is as long u have a bunk/or bed 2 sleep on thats it heard all this c…p yrs ago

OVLOV JAY:
It has nothing to do with bling, it’s about practicality. Look at car transporters. Are you seriously saying you’d rather drive an old nail, like a eurostar, rather than a brand new r cab? And what if your night heater packs up? Do you down tools and insist the boss rents you a topline until the night heater is fixed? :open_mouth:

If you drive car transporters then you know what you are taking on, and no if the night heater breaks I wouldn’t down tools but would expect it to be fixed the next time I returned to the yard. Anyway a non argument from yourself as you are in a globetrotter yet don’t night out has to be a saving to made there when your flat cab turns up next week :slight_smile:

strange how at 6’3 I managed to be ok in a turbostar all week. mind you it did have a night heater :open_mouth:

mazzer:

OVLOV JAY:

If you drive car transporters then you know what you are taking on,

Surely then if you go for an interview and are told you’re in a low roof truck all week you either decline the job or decide the rest of the deal makes it worthwhile.

Terry T:
Never heard this one before. I jumped put of my wagon one day last week after having a night out only to be told what I was doing is illegal because I don’t have a high roof cab. Just a Streamspace Actros.

Should I go to the nearest DVSA office with some lube ?

Why do sentences starting with “Under EU law” end with people talking nonsense :unamused:

As others have said it has been doing the rounds for years, I think it started when the EU set out some sort of regulations for workspace requirements and certain drivers jumped on it stating it now meant they had to have high cab trucks if they had a night out. They were wrong as I believe it didn’t apply to trucks and the dimensions would have worked in a low cabbed truck anyway.

Fantastic. Just goes to show how gullible/thick as ■■■■ some drivers really are if they believe this kind of information!

stevejones:
the law is as long u have a bunk/or bed 2 sleep on thats it heard all this c…p yrs ago

I think its actually referred to as a couchette

mazzer:
Anyway a non argument from yourself as you are in a globetrotter yet don’t night out has to be a saving to made there when your flat cab turns up next week :slight_smile:

And that’s the choice I made, based on money, not motors. And we’ve only got xl’s for the resale value. They’re for the boss, not the driver :bulb:

I once had a driver tell me,and I ■■■■ you not, that I could legally refuse to take the M.A.N I had out because the FRIDGE didnt work! Something about a “legal right for access to chilled liquid in the workplace” or some such ■■■■■■■■. When he started spouting guff about “human rights breach” about having to put warm milk for his cornflakes I almost folded with laughter. And the scary thing is he wasnt joking or at it. He genuinely believed what he was saying

I remember nighting out all week for MAT transport in an old FL10. Now that was cramped.

The-Snowman:
I once had a driver tell me,and I [zb] you not, that I could legally refuse to take the M.A.N I had out because the FRIDGE didnt work! Something about a “legal right for access to chilled liquid in the workplace” or some such ■■■■■■■■. When he started spouting guff about “human rights breach” about having to put warm milk for his cornflakes I almost folded with laughter. And the scary thing is he wasnt joking or at it. He genuinely believed what he was saying

What was it like having Carryfast work with you ? :smiley: