Fresh out of class 2 training, how do I find work?!

Having a massive problem finding work, recently flew through my HGV class 2 training with 0 minors. Cant seem to find anywhere willing to take me on with no experience? please help :unamused:

Bidvest
Brakes
Palmer harvey
Good cash take newbies dreadful hard graft though

Chap doors.

Or lower your standards and personal hygiene habits and sign up with a few agencies, even if all you get is shifts up till Christmas, it’ll give you experience.

A.

Where abouts are you mate

Broaden your horizons and upgrade, seems to be easier to get a job with little or no experience with a C+E licence.

Adonis.:
Chap doors.

Or lower your standards and personal hygiene habits and sign up with a few agencies, even if all you get is shifts up till Christmas, it’ll give you experience.

A.

find a half decent agency m8 its what I did when first starting out granted there some crap out there but just try to weed out the best ones it will give you plenty experience just be warned of some of the dirty smelly ■■■■ riddle cabs you will get off the lower standard unwashed employees of some of the companies you will work for

Adonis.:
Chap doors.

Or lower your standards

Yawn.

Food service.

We’ve all had to do it. Crack on and make your first mistakes with them bunch of ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■

SuperMultiBlue:
Food service.

We’ve all had to do it. Crack on and make your first mistakes with them bunch of [zb] [zb].

Chrimbo is coming and the pubs and restaurants will be busy and so will be Brakes etc

Ah the old where to get experience post. For class 2 it’s food service, for class one it’s supermarkets. Search Bidvest/Brakes etc online and fire off an application. Back in my day we didn’t have pallet networks as rife as today, so try your local ones. As for actual experience, be prepared for the fact you won’t get much, as in you’ll probably drive for about a max of 5 hours a day and spend the rest of the time ■■■■■■■ and lumping. We’ve all been there, and it all counts towards your time spent “experience” :wink:

Upgrade to your class 1. Class 2 is a hiding to nothing which will probably put you off trucking with all the crappy work associated with it.

For jobs ring round, knock on doors or nose of company Facebook pages to see if they are advertising.

Re the 2 years experience chestnut. Its not a barrier now a days. Plenty will take you on with no experience.

Getting class 1 does not get you work .im new on both .just gets more agencies trying to get you cheaper,bigger companies blank you the same as having class 2 :unamused:

Albert1:
Bidvest
Brakes
Palmer harvey
Good cash take newbies dreadful hard graft though

+1
If you’ve got a license and a pulse you’re in,and you’ll certainly need that pulse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Infact of the jobs offered,class 2 wages are higher than class 1 .I cannot believe it .brakes bidvest ph will offer more than your get offered for class 1
Dont waste your cash .

Albert1:
Infact of the jobs offered,class 2 wages are higher than class 1 .I cannot believe it .brakes bidvest ph will offer more than your get offered for class 1
Dont waste your cash .

Yep so true even in my Job for a local haulier I get more for class2 than a lot of class1 jobs up north :grimacing:

You dont want to spend any more money. As said food firms also try for Royal Mail and Parcel Force.Christmas is coming.Manpower could be a good bet.

tomk86:

I’m in Rugby, there’s a lot of places with depots around here like Magna Park, Crick , Dirft. But all the vacancies are for class 1. I am willing to travel a fair distance if I’m going to be gaining experience

OVLOV JAY:
Ah the old where to get experience post. For class 2 it’s food service, for class one it’s supermarkets. Search Bidvest/Brakes etc online and fire off an application. Back in my day we didn’t have pallet networks as rife as today, so try your local ones. As for actual experience, be prepared for the fact you won’t get much, as in you’ll probably drive for about a max of 5 hours a day and spend the rest of the time ■■■■■■■ and lumping. We’ve all been there, and it all counts towards your time spent “experience” :wink:

Yes I’ve started noticing a lot of multidrop vacancies for class 2 which is what I was honestly trying to avoid, but I’ve realised I can’t be picky! I live on a farm so I’m no stranger to the ■■■■■■■ and lumping :stuck_out_tongue: I was actually looking for a few company names so cheers!

Gummybear:

OVLOV JAY:

Yes I’ve started noticing a lot of multidrop vacancies for class 2 which is what I was honestly trying to avoid, but I’ve realised I can’t be picky! I live on a farm so I’m no stranger to the ■■■■■■■ and lumping :stuck_out_tongue: I was actually looking for a few company names so cheers!

If you’re in rugby, you’ve got brakes at walsgrave, or a better bet might be p&h on the A45 at cov. Neither are the best in the world, but I think I’d favour the latter

Gummybear:

tomk86:

I’m in Rugby, there’s a lot of places with depots around here like Magna Park, Crick , Dirft. But all the vacancies are for class 1. I am willing to travel a fair distance if I’m going to be gaining experience

Try Skills for Haulage in Rugby. http://www.skillsforhaulage.co.uk. They teach newly passed drivers the skills needed to do the job, and up-skill existing HGV drivers who want to learn haulage skills in a different transport sector. (I occasionally teach tipper operation, hookloader and skip operation for them). They may be able to find you a work placement in general haulage, but it depends on what sector you want to work in, your availability and flexibility for training and your driving licence history.