French driving bans

don’t forget the summers coming so saturdays bans come into effect in france
starting 10th july then 17th, 24th and 31st of july and the 7th of august
7am to 7pm but driving period extended until midnight sat night instead of 22.00

And not to be outdone, the Germans also have a Saturday driving ban for vehicles over 7.5 t between 07.00 and 20.00 on all Saturdays in July and August on certain sections of Autobahn.

The list of these sections of Autobahn can be found HERE

Inselaffe:
And not to be outdone, the Germans also have a Saturday driving ban for vehicles over 7.5 t between 07.00 and 20.00 on all Saturdays in July and August on certain sections of Autobahn.

The list of these sections of Autobahn can be found HERE

:bulb: As Pete would say…

“Read the Stickies,” which is very good advice to ensure that you don’t come a cropper at this time of year.

Gute Reise / Bon voyage / Buon viaggio :smiley:

:bulb: I know, let’s make a sticky to remind folks to read the stickies. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Simon, I’m only kidding!! :wink: :grimacing:

dave it would be nice if euro questions and stories were posted on the euro forum but more and more get posted in the uk forum, maybe we could put the sticky about stickys on there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
7am to 7pm but driving period extended until midnight sat night instead of 22.00

:unamused: Same old same old. – don’t we get this every summer . Those that do it know already and those that don’t just look it up on the stickies.
Come November we’ll be getting info, once again, about the winter Week-end bans

pierrot 14:

welshboyinspain:

:unamused: Same old same old. – don’t we get this every summer . Those that do it know already and those that don’t just look it up on the stickies.

Hi pierrot 14,
That’s a fair point mate!! :smiley:

It’s sometimes difficult to get folks to read the stickies, cos the reverse of your observation is to say that I’m sure you’ve noticed how many times a question is asked, when the answer is already the subject of a sticky. Then there’s the folks who like a personal answer or maybe even just a gentle reminder.

Now then… we have a forum for FAQs, but can you guess whether they actually get read? :grimacing: :smiley:

pierrot 14:

welshboyinspain:

no problem pierrot, I’ll not bother trying to be helpful and let somebody ask next time or just complain when they get fined for driving on a saturday, easier for me

welshboyinspain:

pierrot 14:

no problem pierrot, I’ll not bother trying to be helpful and let somebody ask next time or just complain when they get fined for driving on a saturday, easier for me

Moi aussi…

I know it’s all up there on the stickies, but a helpful reminder costs nowt and if it saves a couple of lads contributing to the European plods’ benevolent fund, then job’s a good 'un :wink:

pierrot 14:

welshboyinspain:

I think if someone has never been to Europe before they wouldn’t know to look for summer bans so might not find out until they have been fined, I was lucky that when I started there were plenty of Brits out there to remind me as the bans came up. These days the only place I can be certain of seeing a British driver is on the forum so WBIS is providing a useful reminder for those who don’t know.:smiley:

:blush: :blush:
O.K. O.K. I stand here duly reprimanded :frowning:

pierrot 14:
:oops: :blush:
O.K. O.K. I stand here duly reprimanded :frowning:

There, There mon ami, it wasn’t that bad was it :question: :laughing:

:unamused: What yer mean you cant drive there on saturdays. Bugger me i never knew That. You,ll be telling me next you cant drive sundays either. :grimacing: :laughing:

Johnny aka Little John:
:roll: What yer mean you cant drive there on saturdays. Bugger me i never knew That. You,ll be telling me next you cant drive sundays either. :grimacing: :laughing:

only 7am to 7pm, french bar stewards