French Driving Ban This Weekend

Does anyone know if the Saturday holiday ban starts tomorrow? As I can’t find anything on the internet? My company doesn’t know either :confused:

Got the answer it starts on the 19th July - merci

It does in Italy from 0800 to 1600 saturday, as indicated on the overhead gantries on the A7 on thursday.

See here for all the info on French bans this year.

http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Brochure_vehicules-lourds_2014.pdf

No Saturday driving from 7am-7pm. Then 10pm till 10 pm sun. All July and August !

Additional info here.

http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/joe_20131226_0075.pdf

All from this page here.

http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/transport-de-marchandises,41.html

So yes starts 19th July.

THE FIN103:
No Saturday driving from 7am-7pm. Then 10pm till 10 pm sun. All July and August !

Not quite right
Saturday
No driving 07.00.-.19.00
Driving allowed 19.00.-.24.00
Sunday
As before no driving until after 22.00

Park up,enjoy the rest.Eat, drink and sleep the French way.Only in the UK, they slog their guts out for nothing.And die younger.
No point driving the time gap at Saturday night to gain a few hours.

toby1234abc:
No point driving the time gap at Saturday night to gain a few hours.

That gap as you call it Toby, of 5 hours, could be the 4+1/2 that you need to get home, different of course if outbound. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t forget next Monday ( le quatorze juillet ) is a bank holiday
“Bastille day” - so that’ll be a very long weekend coming up.
Nice if your on your way out, parked up in a sunny corner with a bistro near by

pierrot 14:

THE FIN103:

Not quite right
Saturday
No driving 07.00.-.19.00
Driving allowed 19.00.-.24.00
Sunday
As before no driving until after 22.00

Quite right, stop worrying, running round like headless chickens. Want to get home, change jobs!

By the way, I think it’s 21.00hrs Sat.

daidog:
By the way, I think it’s 21.00hrs Sat.

daidog, check out the links I posted, you will see on the effected days it is midnight saturday.

I am not to worried by all this as my months away are far behind me. Even back then, when it snowed - I parked, when tired, I slept, when pushed, I pushed back. When “they” said “Don’t do” I did! I wasn’t always liked, not always disliked, I did the job. I usually left home, in Nantes, around 5 or 6 on Sunday evening and ran to St. Genis, had a few beers and got on to the peage around 11. Never had any problems.

Little question to test you:

I say that you can drive 10 hours in a day - 4 days in a row. True or False?

daidog:

:question: WTF Personally I don’t know and couldn’t care less, I have only driven for 9 hours, only once had to take the minimum 9 hours rest and have only worked monday to friday.

daidog:
I am not to worried by all this

Me neither. During the summer I work as a pompier, and don’t drive for a living, so the weekend bans I don’t give a ■■■■, just like to give the correct info to those it concerns.

In theory you can drive four sets of ten hour driving as the week finishes on Sunday night and begins after midnight Monday morning.
For a fridge driver where the ban does not affect perishable goods,you could drive a ten on saturday,a ten on sunday.
Then once in to the new week,a further two tens.It is legal.

Héraultais:

daidog:

:question: WTF Personally I don’t know and couldn’t care less, I have only driven for 9 hours, only once had to take the minimum 9 hours rest and have only worked monday to friday.

daidog:
I am not to worried by all this

Me neither. During the summer I work as a pompier, and don’t drive for a living, so the weekend bans I don’t give a ■■■■, just like to give the correct info to those it concerns.

Right boyos,
this is the truth about driving hours during the weekends in France. it could cost you a “Load of Money” not to know this.

I have attached the essential and the relevant documents relating to driving times and hours during the summer, the following is a translated summary of the only legal document applicable in France “JOURNAL OFFICIEL DE LA REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE”

1/. All HGVs over 7.5 tonnes are forbidden to be driven on 5 Saturdays between 07.00hrs - 19.00hrs then Midnight - 22.00hrs Sunday,

Except ;
Fridges carrying;
Eggs, Fish, Live Shellfish or other shell fish.
All other fresh food
Also; fruit, veg. spuds, onions, garlic
Cut flowers, plants and potted plants
Honey
Dead animals
Agricultural Tractors, etc
Milk tankers
Cereal tippers, but only from the farm to point of collection, all other agricultural products, including hay and straw
There are hundreds of other cases, eg. Trucks carrying dirty linen from hotels with over a 1000 rooms!
In all 84 pages.

Contact me for any other points of law regarding France, over 35 years driving here, I have broken most!

By the way Héraultais your English is quite good, you would possibly have passed your Brevet de College? (Not your 11+) Part time Fireman, part time driver? I started Pro life as a wholetime fireman, we hated sh*t shovellers and as a driver for the last 39 years, part timers, or temps. . . We have enough trouble with professionals without any Tom, ■■■■ or Harry thinking because he has a HGV, and knows how to point a truck, that he is a driver, dream on kid!

daidog, thanks for posting the decret. If you cared to look at the first link in my second post, you will have noted that I posted the same decret, except that I posted the current one (from end of 2013) not the one from the end of 2011.

I am glad you think my English is good, as I am English it would be a bit of a shame if it wasn’t.

Oh, and I am aged 50.

What a shame :laughing:
BYE BYE