French Blockade

I pulled into Dover port at about4 O’clock this afternoon and got told I would not get onto a ferry before 2300hrs, as ports in France were all blockaded. That was best case scenario so I cancelled my ticket and came home :slight_smile: There is no way I am going to sit in the port for days when I only live 15 miles away… I feel sorry for all those who will be stuck on the M20 for the next who knows how long

Another blockade over fishing quotas I believe, no one seems to know how long it will go on for this time. Makes me so [zb] angry that they just get away with it every time.

( sorry no stars allowed ) jd

I s this link any good for those who require Information

DOVER-LINK

Hi,
Can confirm “op.stack” is well underway and no sign when we will get moving on the M20.

The M20 eastbound entry slip at junction J7 is closed , due to an incident. Normal traffic conditions expected from 5:30 pm on 16 April 2009.
10 mins delay

From highways agency site junc 7 to 9 note the finish time :open_mouth:

Currently stuck in the docks myself . Latest comment is definitely not before tomorrow lunchtime and no guarantee then . Could be 2 days . Lovely .

is that when you might get across or when the blockade might be lifted?
when did you get into the port?

just had call from my driver in calais. he is gettin on boat now heading for dover. apprently strike is over! but for how long? they will proberly start it again tomorrow… :unamused:

BBC say P&O are running but not sea Chance :confused:

jimti:
is that when you might get across or when the blockade might be lifted?
when did you get into the port?

No idea mate . Not actually in port ! I am just by the roundabout , they couldn’t turn me around cos i am on a movement order . They tried mind . I am just about to walk over to the police station and see if i can get any info before i give up for the night . Give me 10 and i will post what they say !

Calais port is allowing 3 boats out and 3 boats in then it will be closing again . Dunkirk , no movement . no more freight expected to be allowed into port tonight .

thanks, I won’t leave home yet then LOL
I will give them a call early in the morning
I am glad I came out of the port though, I got in at 4 O’clock and would maybe have got on one of those boats, but I like my sleep at night.

hope you get some rest and they don’t start moving you too many times

I think passemgers ie coaches and cars will take a priority . My curtains have gone round now so wont be going far . Maybe see you in the morning .

Why do we always give in to the BUGGERS,SAIL straight through them,get on with the job,snail eating surrender monkeys.Never trust the french.

Brian:
Why do we always give in to the BUGGERS,SAIL straight through them,get on with the job,snail eating surrender monkeys.Never trust the french.

What we need for times like this is that portable dock they used for the D Day landings. :laughing: Every time the French blockade the port we sail it across and land on the beach a few miles down.

The 3 in 3 out at calais has changed to "open til 0700 this morning and then will be blocked again " ! Norfolk line is not sailing atall , dunkirk remains blockaded .

I don’t understand why the British government doesn’t sue the frog ■■■■ unions who do this for loss of revenue to the Country and blocking free trade, surely they could do this through the EU?

Police back on r/about outside docks .All trucks being turned back !
Quite a few trying their luck down jubilee way but none getting through . Seen a couple go in ( prob said they are swapping trailers ) but they come back out again a few minutes later .

snail eating surrender monkeys.Never trust the french.

Always reminds me of the new French flag, a white cross on a white background. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s happening at the Chunnel?