Freight liner Leeds

From what i can gather this place is a pain in the arse…so if anyone can tell me what the procedure is when you roll up here I would be grateful…I would like to try and avoid handbags at ten paces on mi first trip if possible.

cheers

Whatever procedure you follow it will be wrong as they expect you to have Psychic powers.
Now due to all the metal around at container yards,docks etc my Psychic powers tend to go all fuzzy when around these types of places and I tend to have arguements with people.
just do whatever mate,If its wrong they’ll shout at you.If your good with your words and argueing like myself,you’ll make them look like the idiot :wink: :laughing:

when you drive up to the window on the way in and they take your paper work pray the pin number is right if it isn’t your day is going to take a turn for the worst no matter how bad it started.
You need a pin number if you are picking up a loaded box or an Eric number if you are having a loaded box lifted off.
if it’s a lift off they will tell you which crane. first crane is the queue on the right far crane is the one on the left.
If you are picking up a loaded box it’s usually the heavy lifter Which is the same queue as the far crane, unless there isn’t a queue for the lifter which means you could be queueing for hours when you don’t need to be as halfway down the queue splits stay on the left for the lifter and move over to the right for the crane. It becomes obvious when you get there.
You maybe getting the idea why this place is a pain. Make sure your twistlocks are in the right position as they throw a right mardy if you get out of your cab.
To be fair most of the people who work there are helpful if you ask poltely
You may see drivers wearing hard hats sun glasses and with the collars of their jackets turned up. They are the ones that are banned from the site :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:
When they tell which train the loaded box is going on write it down as it may be two hours later before you get to the crane and you wouldn’t want to put a box for felixestowe on a train for southampton would you :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

knight:
when you drive up to the window on the way in and they take your paper work pray the pin number is right if it isn’t your day is going to take a turn for the worst no matter how bad it started.
You need a pin number if you are picking up a loaded box or an Eric number if you are having a loaded box lifted off.
if it’s a lift off they will tell you which crane. first crane is the queue on the right far crane is the one on the left.
If you are picking up a loaded box it’s usually the heavy lifter Which is the same queue as the far crane, unless there isn’t a queue for the lifter which means you could be queueing for hours when you don’t need to be as halfway down the queue splits stay on the left for the lifter and move over to the right for the crane. It becomes obvious when you get there.
You maybe getting the idea why this place is a pain. Make sure your twistlocks are in the right position as they throw a right mardy if you get out of your cab.
To be fair most of the people who work there are helpful if you ask poltely
You may see drivers wearing hard hats sun glasses and with the collars of their jackets turned up. They are the ones that are banned from the site :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:
When they tell which train the loaded box is going on write it down as it may be two hours later before you get to the crane and you wouldn’t want to put a box for felixestowe on a train for southampton would you :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Knight cheers for that…when is the best time to undo the twistlocks :open_mouth:

Undo the twist locks after about 12 hours looks about right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If the Q is back to the roundabout plump them pillows up and get the fire on,its gonna be a long day!!!

Usually undo them just before you go in or just after you leave the office window and turn left towards the yard there is a notice telling you to do them. It’s not always busy I have been in and out in seven minutes but thats rare

thecoder0:
From what i can gather this place is a pain in the arse…so if anyone can tell me what the procedure is when you roll up here I would be grateful…I would like to try and avoid handbags at ten paces on mi first trip if possible.

cheers

i know all about freightliner leeds as i used to drive for them :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: and it was the ■■■■■■■■ company ive ever driven for.

its no good giving you any advice because by monday it will have changed… no joke

just one instance…

we were given a sheet with how to drive round the yard and which coloured line to follow. :laughing: sowhen back in the yard on monday you was to follow the yellow line.

ok thats simple enough.

all went well for a week, then the following week on the monday there is now a green and red line :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so stills follows the yellow line BUT its now changed and called into the office and given a royal roasting for not following the green line. :imp: :imp: :imp:

they change their mind on a daily basis.

when i worked there at least 2 times a week we had to go and see the kev in charge of the lorries and sign some sort of paper. one week it was to say we knew how to get in and out of the lorries saftely, how to access the cat walk, how to connect airlines, how to shorten trailers… the list was endless. this is no joke deadly seriouous if you go upstairs into the offices the are rooms filled with shelves and filling cabinets with these stupid sheets of paper from the crane drivers lifter drivers and lorry drivers.

the lorry drivers and the lifter drivers crane drivers none of them get on they all hate each other.

the place is hell.

the only piece of advice is undo your twistlocks in the queue outside.
dont go near the gate unless you have all your referances.
dont get out of the cab in the yard.

if you see the truck ay04 hgn that is stuart and he is really a top bloke and will give you loads of help.

jessicas dad:

thecoder0:

cheers

i know all about freightliner leeds as i used to drive for them :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: and it was the [zb] company ive ever driven for.

its no good giving you any advice because by monday it will have changed… no joke

just one instance…

we were given a sheet with how to drive round the yard and which coloured line to follow. :laughing: sowhen back in the yard on monday you was to follow the yellow line.

ok thats simple enough.

all went well for a week, then the following week on the monday there is now a green and red line :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so stills follows the yellow line BUT its now changed and called into the office and given a royal roasting for not following the green line. :imp: :imp: :imp:

they change their mind on a daily basis.

when i worked there at least 2 times a week we had to go and see the kev in charge of the lorries and sign some sort of paper. one week it was to say we knew how to get in and out of the lorries saftely, how to access the cat walk, how to connect airlines, how to shorten trailers… the list was endless. this is no joke deadly seriouous if you go upstairs into the offices the are rooms filled with shelves and filling cabinets with these stupid sheets of paper from the crane drivers lifter drivers and lorry drivers.

the lorry drivers and the lifter drivers crane drivers none of them get on they all hate each other.

the place is hell.

the only piece of advice is undo your twistlocks in the queue outside.
dont go near the gate unless you have all your referances.
dont get out of the cab in the yard.

if you see the truck ay04 hgn that is stuart and he is really a top bloke and will give you loads of help.

This might seem like a daft question but is there a hand S problem undoing the twist locks in the que is there a danger of the container coming off when you move in the que

thecoder0:
This might seem like a daft question but is there a hand S problem undoing the twist locks in the que is there a danger of the container coming off when you move in the que

nope cos you wont be going at any great speed in the queue. i wouldnt run round the docks with no twistlocks on but at container depots i always used to do my locks in the queue.

Do up twist locks as soon as the box has landed on the skelly.Undo twist locks when you can see the crane you will be using.

jessicas dad:

thecoder0:

nope cos you wont be going at any great speed in the queue. i wouldnt run round the docks with no twistlocks on but at container depots i always used to do my locks in the queue.

OK kinda makes sense Alex but here is mi thinking…they send mi to get one lifted off OK i open twist locks and they lift it off…now they are gonna put one back on…When do i close the twist locks after they put it on…2. What about if they are putting a 20 foot back on how can i change the twist locks for the 20 foot container without getting out the cab :confused: :confused:

he’s clocked it lads :wink: got a quick 'un here!

You’re right mate, you can’t do anything right! just accept it all with a smile and do what you feel is safe!

They’ll soon tell you if you are doing it wrong!

Alex

harry:
Do up twist locks as soon as the box has landed on the skelly.Undo twist locks when you can see the crane you will be using.

That makes sense H but what I read about this ■■■■■■■■ you can’t get out the cab :laughing:

The gaffer I am gonna work for said its a sound job Lad the only thing that might want to make you leave is Freightliner Leeds its a dump…told him that I would take so much but after that its open season :laughing: :laughing:

Scarab:
he’s clocked it lads :wink: got a quick 'un here!

You’re right mate, you can’t do anything right! just accept it all with a smile and do what you feel is safe!

They’ll soon tell you if you are doing it wrong!

Alex

Why do i get the feeling Im gonna have to fall out wi somebody at this place…ah well if they get mi the sack im closer enough to call back and see the people concerned for a quiet chat after work as it were…to IRON out any problems :wink: :wink:

If they sacked everyone who had a falling out with them, then there wouldn’t be any drivers left! :laughing:

Give it a couple of weeks and you’ll be just as confused as you are now, and it will just be the norm! :wink:

jessicas dad:
i know all about freightliner leeds as i used to drive for them :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: and it was the [zb] company ive ever driven for.

:laughing: Is that opinion from before or after you got sacked for writing your wagon off ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

:laughing: Is that opinion from before or after you got sacked for writing your wagon off ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thats a shocking thing to say to an electrician with a licence :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

didnt get the sack… i left before the ■■■■ hit the fan.

and it wasnt writ of just damaged a lot.

jessicas dad:

Well on the welsh side the job’s a good 'un :wink: